1899 8 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

When shooting video it's good to know the best camera settings for Mavic Pro. In this tutorial, I explain the settings for video one by one.

What settings are you using and why?
2017-6-26
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

No mention of twice frame rate for shutter speed ? As soon as some see overexposure and turn wheel to reduce it their shutter goes up and then not twice frame rate...think that's important to include maybe ? But overall great video
2017-6-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey rcnj - thats me for sure - i use my wheel and shutterspeed goes way up - on sunny days it typically ranges between 800 and 1600. so there is conflict with the 2 times ss rule - but thats how i get my results and they are not perfect but i am happy with them (still looking to improve) but overall in 720 and higher all my objects have sharp outlines and colors look real. My videos could maybe look better if i tweeked them with more saturation on colors and the pics should look even better but then i would not be real and i favor real over artifically impressive - thats just my personal choice.
2017-6-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

thanks - good video
2017-6-26
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-6-26 08:25
hey rcnj - thats me for sure - i use my wheel and shutterspeed goes way up - on sunny days it typically ranges between 800 and 1600. so there is conflict with the 2 times ss rule - but thats how i get my results and they are not perfect but i am happy with them (still looking to improve) but overall in 720 and higher all my objects have sharp outlines and colors look real. My videos could maybe look better if i tweeked them with more saturation on colors and the pics should look even better but then i would not be real and i favor real over artifically impressive - thats just my personal choice.

Get some ND filters pal, they really help in bright times to keep shutter at x2,  I've realized keeping shutter to x2 frame rate is key in the setup and just as important as the +1/-1/0 for example, anything else it blows out...if you are recording at 30fps your shutter needs to be 60 and so on, so ND's help achieve that, in sunny times without it will be very high shutter which isn't ideal...
2017-6-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

i do plan on getting them. wait hold on..... ok just ordered and paid for them, should be here by end of the week ....yeeha:-) Thanks for prompting me.
i also ordered the bright red sticker and the katana - and a rose petal cover for a phantom 3 - will try to make it fit the mavic
Was waiting to do my settings test which is now pretty much done - so timing is spot on.
was also waiting for the goggles but have decided to wait till they are in stock rather than back order - back order pay up front burns a bit - looking so forward to fpv
2017-6-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-26 07:42
No mention of twice frame rate for shutter speed ? As soon as some see overexposure and turn wheel to reduce it their shutter goes up and then not twice frame rate...think that's important to include maybe ? But overall great video

There is a link to a complete guide I have made how to select the right ND filter in the video. In that tutorial, I do mention the 2x framerate.

2017-6-26
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2017-6-26 12:44
There is a link to a complete guide I have made how to select the right ND filter in the video. In that tutorial, I do mention the 2x framerate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUNeCMxh5yU

Great video any tips /useful info for positioning PL filters on the mavic, I know you can rotate these for various levels but any guide on setting up and applying to gimble would be great
2017-6-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

I have not used them. Could imagine this would influence the picture when turning.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules