Where is my drone? (Waiting over a month for repairs)
1355 11 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BillK123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118159 ft
United States

Has anyone else had it take over a month for DJI to fix your drone?  
I had a water crash in May.  I sent my drone in to DJI for repairs and got two confirmation emails on the same day in late May (over a month ago) saying they had received my drone, and that it "has been evaluated by our repair team."  The second email said I should expect an invoice in 2-3 business days.  

Since then, I've gotten nothing.  

I called DJI on the 7th, the 14th and again last week.  I also did an online chat.  Each person I talked to said they would contact the appropriate department and get my order expedited.  NOTHING has happened after any of those contacts.

I have DJI Care Refresh, and DJI has had my drone for over a month without any apparent progress.  

Has anyone else experienced this long of a wait?  

Am I ever going to get my drone back?

I'm incredibly frustrated.  

2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I understand your frustration, and really sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time and unpleasant experience with us. Would you please provide me your case number so I can look into what happened and help you get an update soon? Appreciate your time.
2017-6-26
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

My DJI NZ supplier has really made me mad - the after sale service is HORRIBLE - I sent my Mavik back to them nearly a month ago and only today they're replying with "It can't be fixed here in NZ now we'll send it to China, it will take weeks to come back"
This thread has me dreading that 'weeks' might turn into months...
I truly feel that DJI needs to keep better relations with their suppliers internationally cos it's crap to spend good money on a pro piece of equipment just to get terrible after sale services
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

BrentNZ Posted at 2017-6-26 21:18
My DJI NZ supplier has really made me mad - the after sale service is HORRIBLE - I sent my Mavik back to them nearly a month ago and only today they're replying with "It can't be fixed here in NZ now we'll send it to China, it will take weeks to come back"
This thread has me dreading that 'weeks' might turn into months...
I truly feel that DJI needs to keep better relations with their suppliers internationally cos it's crap to spend good money on a pro piece of equipment just to get terrible after sale services

Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, Brent , we're constantly working to improve both products and service to make all your experience with us better. We'll take care of the drone after it arrives, and do our best to get it sorted out ASAP.
2017-6-26
Use props
BrentNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-26 23:32
Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, Brent , we're constantly working to improve both products and service to make all your experience with us better. We'll take care of the drone after it arrives, and do our best to get it sorted out ASAP.

Because I have a big event coming up where I need it I have asked them to return it to me - I have bought some polar pro filters and have read that for some users the extra weight of filters  has fixed their jello roll problem - I will try it but if it doesn't work then yes, it will be sent back for repair
2017-6-27
Use props
BillK123
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-26 18:25
I understand your frustration, and really sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time and unpleasant experience with us. Would you please provide me your case number so I can look into what happened and help you get an update soon? Appreciate your time.

My case number is CAS-646894-Y5H4Z9
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BillK123 Posted at 2017-6-27 18:17
My case number is CAS-646894-Y5H4Z9

Thank you for your information. I've checked the case, your drone is conducting the data analysis and it is a long time. I feel so sorry for the slow process, I have escalated your concern to appropriate team to follow up and expedite, we will have someone to contact you for details, wish you could get your drone very soon.
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

BrentNZ Posted at 2017-6-27 12:17
Because I have a big event coming up where I need it I have asked them to return it to me - I have bought some polar pro filters and have read that for some users the extra weight of filters  has fixed their jello roll problem - I will try it but if it doesn't work then yes, it will be sent back for repair

Alright, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we are always here to help.
2017-6-28
Use props
BillK123
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 22:08
Thank you for your information. I've checked the case, your drone is conducting the data analysis and it is a long time. I feel so sorry for the slow process, I have escalated your concern to appropriate team to follow up and expedite, we will have someone to contact you for details, wish you could get your drone very soon.

Thank you. With all due respect though, I'm not expecting that to change things. I've talked to DJI reps each of the last four weeks. Each one has told me they "contacted the appropriate team" and have "expedited" it. Nothing happens.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BillK123 Posted at 2017-6-28 04:55
Thank you. With all due respect though, I'm not expecting that to change things. I've talked to DJI reps each of the last four weeks. Each one has told me they "contacted the appropriate team" and have "expedited" it. Nothing happens.

I'm really sorry for that, but I'm sure there will be someone to follow up with your case and get an update for you soon, if no response within 2 business days, please keep me posted.
2017-6-28
Use props
BillK123
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 04:55
I'm really sorry for that, but I'm sure there will be someone to follow up with your case and get an update for you soon, if no response within 2 business days, please keep me posted.

Thank you. I actually got a reply and some progress today. Appreciate your help.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BillK123 Posted at 2017-6-28 16:48
Thank you. I actually got a reply and some progress today. Appreciate your help.

You are welcome and I'm glad I can help you, if you have further questions, please keep me posted.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules