Battery Temperature
4816 14 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The manual says the operating temperature range of the battery is 32-104 F/0-40 C.  Is this outside air temperature or the actual internal temperature of the battery as seen on the battery page?
2017-6-26
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It is the temperature under which you can use the battery. In your words the air temperature.
Btw..You should never start flying with a Lipo that is cooler than roomtemperature.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

How do you hike for two hours in the fall or early spring and then fly your Spark?  If the operating limit is 32-104, it should be able to start flying under those temperatures?
2017-6-26
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-26 10:28
How do you hike for two hours in the fall or early spring and then fly your Spark?  If the operating limit is 32-104, it should be able to start flying under those temperatures?

Yes you can fly under these conditions. But the Lipo should be "warm" at take off.
This is the reason why dji sells battery heaters for Phantom, Inspire, etc.
When it is cold outside just transport the battery in the inner pocket of your jacket. The bodyheat is enough to warm the battery's to a safe, useable temperature.
2017-6-26
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

i am seeing a shoot up of the battery temperature even up to 75 degree celsius .  Didn't have this problem before the firmware upgrade.
2018-8-1
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-8-1 08:47
i am seeing a shoot up of the battery temperature even up to 75 degree celsius .  Didn't have this problem before the firmware upgrade.

Flying it harder?  Motors spending more time at full throttle?  Batteries getting old?
2018-8-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

S.J Posted at 2018-8-1 08:47

Hi, I would like to know if you're having an issue with the battery of your Spark?
2018-8-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-1 10:52
Hi, I would like to know if you're having an issue with the battery of your Spark?

Hi,
I have two of them . One came along with the drone and the other purchased as a spare from India.Both being purchased by one month difference only.
Both have crossed 1 year since purchase.  Im getting only approximately 10.5 minutes of flying time from both of them with battery percentage @10% . i normally use sports mode during flight.
The concern is the battery which came with the drone. It now hits temperatures of 75 degree celsius. The indian battery hits a temperature of 58 to 60 degree celsius.Both are being operated at 45 to 48 degree celsius kuwait temperature.
2018-8-1
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

75 Celsius is a dangerous temp for a lipo approaching failure or fire. Are you flying in high heat environment, or have a faulty motor? Something about the battery or environment is not right. Battery temp itslef prior to flight should be ate least around 60 degrees Fahrenheit(15.5 C ) in cool weather.
2018-8-2
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

ambient temperature
2018-8-2
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

stuka75 Posted at 2018-8-2 18:21
75 Celsius is a dangerous temp for a lipo approaching failure or fire. Are you flying in high heat environment, or have a faulty motor? Something about the battery or environment is not right. Battery temp itslef prior to flight should be ate least around 60 degrees Fahrenheit(15.5 C ) in cool weather.

Yes. i am flying in high heat environment  >48 degree celsius with hot air blowing over the place !!
But it still doesn't explain why the second battery is giving only a 58 -60 degree celsius.
Also while doing further tests, i was hoovering  the AC in front of my home air condition vents !! Yet it read 75 degree celsius.
Please check out my new subject title "battery of SPARK may be tuned for higher flight times "
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

S.J Posted at 2018-8-2 19:27
Yes. i am flying in high heat environment  >48 degree celsius with hot air blowing over the place !!
But it still doesn't explain why the second battery is giving only a 58 -60 degree celsius.
Also while doing further tests, i was hoovering  the AC in front of my home air condition vents !! Yet it read 75 degree celsius.

Are you getting warnings in the app or are you monitoring the temp by yourself?
How many cycles have you flown your batteries?
What is the cell status, ever checked on phantom help?
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-8-2
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-2 20:39
Are you getting warnings in the app or are you monitoring the temp by yourself?
How many cycles have you flown your batteries?
What is the cell status, ever checked on phantom help?
I am not getting any warnings.  But the SPARK is  flying smoothly .

Ofcourse i am using FCC mod DJI GO4 app V4.1.15 but with the latest 0.10000 SPARK Fw and 0.6000 RC firmware.

Weblink for my battery information using Airdata  on july 28
https://app.airdata.com/share/nPPZdj

Airdata info on Aug 2
https://app.airdata.com/share/SXebbx
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (12).png
2018-8-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, so how about you fly some batteries with the original DJI GO4 to confirm the readings?
Just in case ....?
2018-8-3
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-3 00:22
Ok, so how about you fly some batteries with the original DJI GO4 to confirm the readings?
Just in case ....?

its all the same . the DJI Go4 app is original. except iam flying on V4.1.15.  The mod app doesn't indicate it is fake. They just remove NFZ or switch to FCC . All other parameters work else how would we get the battery information
2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules