I crashed my Mavic into a tree
1819 10 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Konsmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1209931 ft
Norway

When i realised how colse i was to the tree it was already to late. I hope the mavic can be fixed, this is my first carsh, and of course  the first one was a big one.....
I hope some one take a second look before flying backwards after watching this, and that it prevents other similar accidents.

2017-6-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry dude. Yup no backward without being 100% sure!
2017-6-26
Use props
Bruce Morgan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114987 ft
United States

I feel for you. I was so lucky a few days ago with tree impact. Do you have insurance or DJI Refresh?
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash , this is a hard lesson, learn from it. Have you contacted Support to open a case? You may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-6-26
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Sorry for your loss. I've had a crash with my Phantom 2 Vision a few years ago - not as dramatic but as well flying backwards - and I've learned from it. Sometimes it's just the way it has to be. Best of luck on your next flights with a new device. Have fun! Cheers.
2017-6-27
Use props
Konsmo
lvl.2
Norway

Bruce Morgan Posted at 2017-6-26 20:25
I feel for you. I was so lucky a few days ago with tree impact. Do you have insurance or DJI Refresh?

No, they dont offer DJI Refresh to us here in Norway :/
2017-6-27
Use props
Konsmo
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-26 23:38
Sorry for the crash , this is a hard lesson, learn from it. Have you contacted Support to open a case? You may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support

I have contacted the local DJI authorized retail store were i bought my Mavic, and they will handle it from here. So if they need to send it away to be repaired they will do so. I'm hoping for the best, and that it won't be too expensive to repair it
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Konsmo Posted at 2017-6-27 01:34
I have contacted the local DJI authorized retail store were i bought my Mavic, and they will handle it from here. So if they need to send it away to be repaired they will do so. I'm hoping for the best, and that it won't be too expensive to repair it

Alright, hope it will be sorted out shortly, should you have any further question, please feel free to contact us.
2017-6-27
Use props
Konsmo
lvl.2
Norway

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-6-27 01:13
Sorry for your loss. I've had a crash with my Phantom 2 Vision a few years ago - not as dramatic but as well flying backwards - and I've learned from it. Sometimes it's just the way it has to be. Best of luck on your next flights with a new device. Have fun! Cheers.

Thank you, i hope this was the first and last time i crash going backwards...
2017-6-27
Use props
Konsmo
lvl.2
Norway

It's back from the repair shop and it working perfect, but the total repair bill was on 865 $, i won't expect any less. It's expensive to repair drones in Norway when you really f*&# up, the DJI refresh package is not available in Norway.. I guess this will only make me more careful in the future though   I can't afford to pay another bill like that...
2017-7-18
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Very sad. Yes, a stupid mistake. But can happen to everyone. Nobody is perfect.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules