Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jawn Legend
New
United States

Hey, so

I just had to scale my house in order to retrieve my DJI Spark

I was on 97% battery and was flying the Spark

It then "lost connection" and after ~30 seconds of hovering in place, it started to come back to me

Instead it over-shot me and hovered over my roof

I frantically tried to reconnect the Wifi connection but to no available. Also tried to "return home and land" but no go

So it lost all battery and landed on my roof just in time for a thunderstorm to roll through

How do I ensure that this NEVER happens again?

- Someone who is deathly afraid of heights
2017-7-1
Use props
jonp
lvl.1
Canada

Before flying, did you ensure that it had its compass calibrated as well as a GPS lock, and return-to-home location set?
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonp Posted at 2017-7-1 14:58
Before flying, did you ensure that it had its compass calibrated as well as a GPS lock, and return-to-home location set?

Don't get all "wrapped up" with compass calibration.  It should only be calibrated if you're prompted.
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you put up your logs here until we see what happened. And maybe we can answer your questions.
2017-7-1
Use props
meepmeep
lvl.1
United States

I always set a Home point before flying away, though today I watched it reset the homepoint after I had done it which I didn't really like but I think it was because it got face recognition.
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jawn, may we know the distance and height when it lost connection?
Would you please export the flight log and data from black box so we can get it analyzed?
Please download the latest Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website, install it, then connect the drone to PC, run Assistant 2, you can get the file step by step, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.Firstly, click on "Black Box", save it to local.
Then click on "Data Upload"--"Confirm", choose the log which showing the situation for that moment, and save it to local. Black box.png
F.png
F2.png
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules