Connected, No Internet
12Next >
26440 59 2017-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptMoo
New
United States

My mobile wifi says Connected, No Internet... I've never gotten another screen besides Enter Device on the DJI Go. I have done all the steps and tutorials and resets etc etc... Nothig works. I have a BB Priv.
I have a Phantom 3 and never had any problems..., I get the spark, and I havent been able to fly it yet. Sucks.

2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Tap that alert and select whatever your phone tells you to remain connected to the WiFi.
2017-7-3
Use props
Recovry4x4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-3 11:02
Tap that alert and select whatever your phone tells you to remain connected to the WiFi.

The latest Go 4 update has caused this. Its happening to many folks including myself on my Motorola Droid.  My Samsung S3 gets beyond that stage.
2017-7-3
Use props
CaptMoo
New
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-7-3 11:02

??????????
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Maybe it'd make sense if your original comment was more descriptive. Sorry for the confusion.
2017-7-3
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

Same problem here. Says 'no internet' I went back and tried to activate with QR scanner but told me to connect to my Spark. LOL
I have no idea
2017-7-3
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

Get this: I go to settings in my iPhone and find the Spark (SSID) and enter the password. My iphone says no internet connection. I go to the DJI GO 4 app and it says I'm connected? I was able to registered but I've given up for the day. I'd love to hear from someone because I'm totally confused
2017-7-3
Use props
rightLANE
lvl.1
United States

I've had nothing but issues as well. It'll connect to the Spark's (or controllers) wifi, but the app won't recognize that I'm connected. Sometimes the "remain connected to this network" option comes up, and when I click it, the app will recognize the spark, other times, nothing happens.  I've had to "forget" and re-enter the wifi info multiple times to get it to connect. Once I'm connected, the app seems to crash every few minutes (running a Oneplus 2, so it should be plenty powerful to handle the app). This is extremely frustrating. It looks like it's more than just me that's having this issue, so hopefully, DJI will fix it, but this is totally unacceptable.
2017-7-3
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I was hoping it was me. If it's a software related (probably) I won't put it in the air until I know it's fixed. I really want to like the Spark...enough to 'hope' I don't have to ask for a refund
2017-7-3
Use props
Recovry4x4
lvl.1
United States

nucmanchh Posted at 2017-7-3 16:12
I was hoping it was me. If it's a software related (probably) I won't put it in the air until I know it's fixed. I really want to like the Spark...enough to 'hope' I don't have to ask for a refund

The spark is great. App and firmware are causing grief. The latest forced app update has caused the latest wave of issues.
2017-7-3
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I got my this morning--they must have updated for me
2017-7-3
Use props
soulja
New
United States

Same challenge here. Opened my spark this morning, it is evening and I have not been able to fly it. So disappointed and giving up. Hoping someone will post the solution here soon.
2017-7-3
Use props
Sparkolo
New
Flight distance : 36 ft
Italy

just spent 30min chatting with dji, they answered it's normal...no internet connection during flying or using dji go 4...I'll try with a mobile with android 6
2017-7-3
Use props
fans817b144a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my spark on July 3rd. I also have a DJI 3 Pro this never happened because it's hard wired. I ordered an adaptor to hard wire the drone to the remote.  This is  the safest way to fly. Hard wired you will never lose connection.  Safe and never have to tremble on losing connection or going home without your new Spark.
2017-7-3
Use props
0dayDJIproblem
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-3
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

No internet means the wifi you are connecting, Spark/rc of course, do not provide internet connection. Enable mobile data 3/4G on your device while connecting to Spark/rc via wifi.
For Android app crash, see device compatibility list.
2017-7-4
Use props
rightLANE
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone tried using an OTG cable to directly hook up the controller to the phone? It looks like it works for Apple devices, but I wasn't sure if anyone has had luck with an Android device.
2017-7-4
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Just curious. Why do you need OTG cable? I never have video reception problem linking my iPhone/iPad to rc. I rather plug lightning to hdmi cable to mobile device and feed the video to 720p Goggles.
2017-7-4
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I think hard wiring from rc to phone is a precaution against losing WiFi signal
2017-7-4
Use props
vpasq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 763553 ft
United States

fans817b144a Posted at 2017-7-3 23:31
Received my spark on July 3rd. I also have a DJI 3 Pro this never happened because it's hard wired. I ordered an adaptor to hard wire the drone to the remote.  This is  the safest way to fly. Hard wired you will never lose connection.  Safe and never have to tremble on losing connection or going home without your new Spark.

Don't be so quick to say "you will never lose connection" as I have had my Spark two days and this second day I became disconnected from my hard wire connection of the R/C and the drone.  There are several posts on this forum addressing this problem.  Just wanted folks to know there can be a problem.  DJI is aware and again, it appears to be an issue being studied for a solution.  I didn't want others to get the false sense of security of the hard wired connection like I had.  Btw, this was using an iPhone 6s tethered.
2017-7-4
Use props
fans2b119317
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220577 ft
United States

Oops, I'm new to this (drones) so I thought it was normal. I've been flying my Spark for 4 days like this w/o issue.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans2b119317
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220577 ft
United States

Oops, I'm new to this (drones) so I thought it was normal. I've been flying my Spark for 4 days like this w/o issue.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans817b144a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356027 ft
  • >>>
United States

vpasq Posted at 2017-7-4 16:11
Don't be so quick to say "you will never lose connection" as I have had my Spark two days and this second day I became disconnected from my hard wire connection of the R/C and the drone.  There are several posts on this forum addressing this problem.  Just wanted folks to know there can be a problem.  DJI is aware and again, it appears to be an issue being studied for a solution.  I didn't want others to get the false sense of security of the hard wired connection like I had.  Btw, this was using an iPhone 6s tethered.

Thank you!! Do you know the best way to connect the remote to the ac hardwired? For some reason it's not working that well
2017-7-5
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

I've  had my Spark now for two weeks no issues . Hand gestures work flawlessly. Radio link solid , Even though I get the same message "No Internet Connection" I've not had one issue and I've flow this bird everywhere  without issue
2017-7-6
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

Wait, do people really expect the drone to provide access to the world wide web? Now THAT would be a technological wonder, and DJI might have just invented the new internet! (;

The simple thing is that you Phone's WiFi is intended to connect to the internet. If you connected to a WiFi router, but the router wasn't hooked up to a modem (thus no internet) you would be mad that your phone is connecting to that router. The phone has no idea the spark is not a typical WiFi router, and when it detects there is no internet (usually by asking for a DNS server)  it will attempt to automatically disconnect and connect to a different signal that does have internet.

So as DJI Joe said, you need to find the setting to turn off this "disconnect from bad WiFi signals". This setting will be in a different place for ios, android, samsung, or what ever OS you have.

Side Note: Another annoying thing (that DJI cant control) is that you typically have to disable your cellular data also. Again, the phone basically has a primary directive to give you internet access. So if you connect to the Spark, the phone will notice there is no internet but you told it to not disconnect. So it goes and sends all of your signals through the cellular 4GLTE radio. This signal wont be sent to the Spark, and thus no connection with the drone. So you have to turn that off. Now the Phone is forced to send the data through the WiFi radio which is connected to the drone!
2017-7-6
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Why disable cellular data? Flying Spark with RC+Dji Go 4 you need both enabled. Wifi for RC connection and 3G/4G for internet connection.  The cellular data connection provides real time access to map on Dji Go. I use iDevice and I never have problem connecting both network at the same time. I have never tried Android because I do not have compatible Android device, just Nexus 5x which is not in the compatible list.
2017-7-6
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

QHovey Posted at 2017-7-6 16:18
Wait, do people really expect the drone to provide access to the world wide web? Now THAT would be a technological wonder, and DJI might have just invented the new internet! (;

The simple thing is that you Phone's WiFi is intended to connect to the internet. If you connected to a WiFi router, but the router wasn't hooked up to a modem (thus no internet) you would be mad that your phone is connecting to that router. The phone has no idea the spark is not a typical WiFi router, and when it detects there is no internet (usually by asking for a DNS server)  it will attempt to automatically disconnect and connect to a different signal that does have internet.

Why disable cellular data? Flying Spark with RC+Dji Go 4 you need both enabled. Wifi for RC connection and 3G/4G for internet connection.  The cellular data connection provides real time access to map on Dji Go. I use iDevice and I never have problem connecting both network at the same time. I have never tried Android because I do not have compatible Android device, just Nexus 5x which is not in the compatible list.
2017-7-6
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

Supong Posted at 2017-7-6 17:03

Could just be a Motorola Droid Z thing, but when my cellular data is on, I cant talk to the Spark. I've had this happen with other products that communicate via WiFi, and turning off cell was the only way to get my signals to be broadcasted on the 2.4ghz wave length.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans12166962
lvl.1
United States

Hi,  Just bought DJI Spark and had the same problem as all of you. I went to B&H in New York City and the salesman warned me of this problem
2017-7-31
Use props
fans12166962
lvl.1
United States

Opps!  Hit enter too fast.  My DJI Spark also didn't connect.  The salesman at B&H in New York City told me of this problem and sold me a cable for $2-3  and it worked.  After spending untold hours trying different things the drone is working.  This is the name of the cable:  Comprehensive USBAF-MCBMRA, USB A Female to Micro B Male Right Angle Adapter Cable.  It is really short. You connect one end of this adapter cable into the Controller (there is enough room to mount your phone) and the other end into your iPhone charger (the cable)  and then the iPhone charger into your phone.  It works - at least it did for me.  
2017-7-31
Use props
fans12166962
lvl.1
United States

rightLANE Posted at 2017-7-4 04:37
Has anyone tried using an OTG cable to directly hook up the controller to the phone? It looks like it works for Apple devices, but I wasn't sure if anyone has had luck with an Android device.

It worked for me on an iPhone but don't know about android.  The guy at B&H indicated it should work on both.  
2017-7-31
Use props
fans12166962
lvl.1
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-7-4 05:29
Just curious. Why do you need OTG cable? I never have video reception problem linking my iPhone/iPad to rc. I rather plug lightning to hdmi cable to mobile device and feed the video to 720p Goggles.

According to B&H help, the reason you need this cable for the SPARK and not the other drones, it that this little puppy is getting way too much wifi interference. I guess the higher end models take care of that.
2017-7-31
Use props
Pylomé
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29160 ft
Germany

I'm an  Android user and turning off mobile data does the trick. I am then able to enter flying mode.

Anyways disabling mobile data is not really how it is ment to be since the mobile data provides you a quicker A-GPS fix and many more things.

It's at least a temporary fix. DJI still has to fix this issue!

2017-8-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Yes , you have to disable network data because there will be no "pop up" with "accept wifi network without internet access"  , the phone is "smart" and even don't ask you to connect if it have mobile data. Its not DJI go4 , its phone software/android.
2017-8-3
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

Supong Posted at 2017-7-6 17:03

Download map data before you start flying.
2017-8-3
Use props
ohemgee_ste7en
New
Canada

fans12166962 Posted at 2017-7-31 15:42
According to B&H help, the reason you need this cable for the SPARK and not the other drones, it that this little puppy is getting way too much wifi interference. I guess the higher end models take care of that.

This is incorrect. It's not due to interference, but rather that your device is limited to one active data connection and the WiFi network that your device is connected to (be it the Spark or the Remote Controller) is occupying that spot (Android phones try to warn you and ask if you still want to stay connected even though it doesn't detect a connection to the internet via the network).

Use an OTG cable, as suggested previously, plugged in from the remote to your phone for Android or iOS. It improves the reliability of the connection to the remote controller (obviously) and allows your phone to continue to use mobile network data so that your maps in the DJI app as well as firmware update downloads and the like work without issue. Plus, you can continue to receive notifications from other apps that operate on data or use other companion piloting apps.

For less than $10, it's certainly a no-brainer that'll likely have a dramatically positive impact on your overall experience.

2017-8-10
Use props
Setup Hell
New
United States

I can't update the firmware because the app keeps demanding I be connected to the Spark wi-fi. Well, I've been getting nothing but "can't connect to the internet" on my iPhone for over an hour. Tried everything in the manuals and in the forums.
2017-8-10
Use props
djiuser_6Tmu8rt
New

Australia

Having the same problem when I get to the activate your spark it keeps telling me I have no Internet connection
I haven't been able to fly yet and im going grey trying
Common DJI
2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rightLANE Posted at 2017-7-3 15:26
I've had nothing but issues as well. It'll connect to the Spark's (or controllers) wifi, but the app won't recognize that I'm connected. Sometimes the "remain connected to this network" option comes up, and when I click it, the app will recognize the spark, other times, nothing happens.  I've had to "forget" and re-enter the wifi info multiple times to get it to connect. Once I'm connected, the app seems to crash every few minutes (running a Oneplus 2, so it should be plenty powerful to handle the app). This is extremely frustrating. It looks like it's more than just me that's having this issue, so hopefully, DJI will fix it, but this is totally unacceptable.

Have you tried connecting your phone to the Spark wi-fi first  before opening the DJI Go4 app
2017-8-23
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ohemgee_ste7en Posted at 2017-8-10 13:28
This is incorrect. It's not due to interference, but rather that your device is limited to one active data connection and the WiFi network that your device is connected to (be it the Spark or the Remote Controller) is occupying that spot (Android phones try to warn you and ask if you still want to stay connected even though it doesn't detect a connection to the internet via the network).

The only issue is that OTG  for the spark is not formally supported by DJI as yet, so I'm not sure about the warranty provisions etc.
2017-8-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules