782 7 2017-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christophe Figu
New
Flight distance : 18196 ft
Luxembourg

Hello Guys,
I have a really hard flicker in my records since i first started flying with my Mavic. I' ve nearly tried everything to fix it but it doesn't work.
Do you have any ideas on how to fix it ?
Tia.
2017-7-4
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Post up a vid bud, will help people to assist you
2017-7-4
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Probably the h264 flicker that is often reported. Although I have only just noticed it on the latest firmware. Apparently sharpness on +1 or higher will cause it, however lower sharpness will destroy detail.
Here is a video that shows it on mine. Look at the trees.

2017-7-4
Use props
Christophe Figu
New
Flight distance : 18196 ft
Luxembourg

So when i turn down sharpness and add it in post i may get away the flicker ?
2017-7-4
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

In theory, but if turning the sharpness down results in mushy details then those details are lost for good and there's no getting them back. A much touted suggestion is a plug in called 'neat video'. It is noise reduction software that will get rid of the flicker but it's very expensive for what it is.
2017-7-4
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

If DJI fixed the sharpness in a firmware update none of this would be needed, the fact +1 and anything negative brings it means they should look at their config and adjust it because it's just getting bad press from users using it and struggling.
2017-7-4
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Yup, the dreaded h264 flicker issue reported again. It's more common on vegetation or when lots of grass/tree foliage is on screen. It drove me up the wall so much I bought Neat video for Premier as mentioned by Jenkins. Works great but not everyone will be happy at spending an extra £99 to fix problem DJI are responsible for.
2017-7-4
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I'm honestly surprised Adobe don't have it as a native option in premiere. However I'm thinking I may have to bite the bullet and spend the cash on neat. As you say, shouldn't have to. I personally don't like the effect +1 gives. It's over sharpened and looks a bit amateurish. However, the loss of detail is probably worse. After nearly a year of this problem I would have thought it would be fixed. If it isn't by now it never will be.
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules