8192 25 2017-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

On a commercial job today with my 'new' p4p on 0608 fw. I had planned to do about 8 separate short flights. A few issues that were manageable included constant 'interference messages', every 3rd startup a battery configuration warning (required reboot) and a few other niggles BUT the big one was it slipping into a limited mode - very slow motion and on 30m altitude and reduced distance - every 4th flight or so. Obviously this feels like 'beginners' mode but I am way beyond that and what the heck, why would that kick in if it is permanently switched off. The client was with me and I was actually covering it up pretending 30m was enough for a certain shot etc: But is this a bug? I am an unwilling beta tester 0608 where this happens a lot? What the heck is going on?
2017-7-5
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9287&fromuid=446692

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Release Notes
  • Date : 2017.06.08
  • Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602
  • Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.1.0
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.0.0
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.1.0
  • DJI GO 4 App Android : V 4.1.0

What’s New?
  • Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
  • Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.
  • To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.
  • Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.

Notes:
  • If you are updating via DJI GO 4, make sure you update the aircraft but only after restarting the updated remote controller. Otherwise, there will be an error in the progress bar of the aircraft update.
  • Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=446692

Dear customers,

DJI will release a new version of the DJI GO app this week. All customers will need to log into DJI GO again after this update, using the email address and password you used when you first set up your account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it through the app. Please ensure you are connected to the Internet and log in when you first use the updated app, or else flight operations will be restricted until you complete the login process. The new version of DJI GO ensures your drone has the proper geofencing data and other geospatial information for the area where you are operating. It does not change any operating parameters for your drone. Once you log into the new version of DJI GO, your drone should operate exactly the same as it did before the update.

2017-7-5
Use props
imagine it
lvl.3
United States

Everybody keeps talking about the logging in, the beginners mode. Evidently there is a bug in the soup for some of us users that needs to be looked into. My P4P+ works fine after the upgrade so evidently I know how to handle the upgrade, but my Inspire two is experiencing the limited distance problem even though I've logged in and out several times, the ap is not in beginners mode and all distances are set where they should be.
2017-7-5
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-5 00:35
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9287&fromuid=446692

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Release Notes

Thanks for cutting and pasting the 0602 FW features - but as I said this is 0608 AND I was using into the Go4 app all the time (all the time not connected to the net) - sometimes it worked, sometimes it was limited?
2017-7-5
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

imagine it Posted at 2017-7-5 00:57
Everybody keeps talking about the logging in, the beginners mode. Evidently there is a bug in the soup for some of us users that needs to be looked into. My P4P+ works fine after the upgrade so evidently I know how to handle the upgrade, but my Inspire two is experiencing the limited distance problem even though I've logged in and out several times, the ap is not in beginners mode and all distances are set where they should be.

Yes my issue - always using the Go4 app and it randomly goes into limited mode - I just rebooted a couple of times and it was fine...but there doesn't seem to be a reason... btw I am on beta 0608
2017-7-5
Use props
Timothyimagery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as the OP, but on the 602 fw, this really needs to be sorted out
2017-7-5
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spend a few $$ and purchase Litchi app.
2017-7-5
Use props
HighCamera
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. It also limited my Litchi app. (before yesterdays update tho).  Very random, almost like there's something in a cache somewhere that gets read. Going to fly today and see if it's the same
2017-7-5
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wasted two batteries trying to get my P4P to fly further than about 100 metres away. Both Litchi and DJIgo limits the bird, not in beginners mode, all restrictions off, what the hell is going on?
2017-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-5 01:40
Spend a few $$ and purchase Litchi app.

Although this is frequently said, it's just not true.
Your Phantom firmware affects operations whether you use DJI go or Litchi.
Something in the firmware that would stop the Phantom working in DJI Go also stops it in Litchi.
2017-7-5
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

HighCamera Posted at 2017-7-5 03:50
Same here. It also limited my Litchi app. (before yesterdays update tho).  Very random, almost like there's something in a cache somewhere that gets read. Going to fly today and see if it's the same

Good it isnt just me!
2017-7-5
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Delta Nine Posted at 2017-7-5 10:05
Wasted two batteries trying to get my P4P to fly further than about 100 metres away. Both Litchi and DJIgo limits the bird, not in beginners mode, all restrictions off, what the hell is going on?

Yes - flying slow close and low as if on some kind of elastic band, is just not what we expect from a $3k AUD machine... the developers are treating us like kids
2017-7-5
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-7-5 14:58
Although this is frequently said, it's just not true.
Your Phantom firmware affects operations whether you use DJI go or Litchi.
Something in the firmware that would stop the Phantom working in DJI Go also stops it in Litchi.

If you say so! All I know is if I am unable to take off and fly with the GO app I always switch to Litchi and fly on.
2017-7-6
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-7-6 02:12
If you say so! All I know is if I am unable to take off and fly with the GO app I always switch to Litchi and fly on.

Definite major bug in the DJI Goggles firmware. I have activated and updated Goggles using DJI Assistant 2 with Goggles connectedvia USB to my desktop PC.  In testing today, I was limited,to 150 feet maximum distance during all test flights with Goggles connected to the P4 RC via USB cable.  Note: there is no way to log in to the DJI server when connected like this.  

Then, during first battery test flight with the DJI Goggles connected to my P4 Pro RC via USB, I was able to fly out several thousand feet, was able to fly at 44 mph in Sport mode and went up to 400 feet elevation with no distance or height limitations.  BUT... on the second battery flight with my P4 Pro I could fly no further than 149 feet distance and the Goggles app screen displayed message "maxumum distance reached."  I could fly only very slowly as I approached 149 feet radius from home point.  So, THIS IS A MAJOR BUG.  The inconsistency between first flight with zero limitations and second flight with severe limitations clearly indicates this is a software bug.

Combined with the awful, pixelated, apparent resolution I was getting in ALL live video modes via USB connection (720px60, 720px30, and 1080px30, which all "looked" no better than 640x400 or less) and these new, eagerly awaited Goggles will be going back to Best Buy for a refund unless a fix is identified soon.  ALL live video modes using USB connection to P4 or P4Pro RC were frequently pixelated during flight and looked far inferior to the resolution on my iPad Air 2 when flying without the Goggles connected. Only useable video resolution I could achieve was with the Goggles connected to the HDMI port on the HDMI module installed on my P4Pro RC. VERY DISAPPOINTING first impression of these DJI Goggles during 6 hours of testing today.
2017-7-9
Use props
Fadil 1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 542654 ft

Indonesia

I experienced this even BEFORE I updated the firmware and DJI GO APP. Last week. Due to this 30/50 distance problem I decided to update but the problem persist.
2017-9-6
Use props
fans4c4a9f55
New
Réunion

Hello!

its not a bug.

Just try to logout then loggin to DJIGO APP...it works each time.

Each time you put OFF the drone or RC, you need to logout/login again when its on... thanks DJI for this...
2017-9-25
Use props
mauriceGreenBel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 574573 ft
Ireland

I've had the same issues today. Very frustrating and disappointing. The goggles are a complete waste with the P4P in my opinion as you can't use them with clients beside you.
2017-9-26
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

I read somewhere that to fix this, you need to enable beginner mode, and then disable it.
2017-9-27
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 607336 ft
United Kingdom

gabriel.magana Posted at 2017-9-27 09:38
I read somewhere that to fix this, you need to enable beginner mode, and then disable it.

This sounds just like the problem I'm having with my Phantom 3 Pro
2017-9-27
Use props
Kent L
lvl.1
United States

Also the same problem I'm had with the P4 yesterday!
2017-11-7
Use props
X24
lvl.1

United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-7-9 17:17
Definite major bug in the DJI Goggles firmware. I have activated and updated Goggles using DJI Assistant 2 with Goggles connectedvia USB to my desktop PC.  In testing today, I was limited,to 150 feet maximum distance during all test flights with Goggles connected to the P4 RC via USB cable.  Note: there is no way to log in to the DJI server when connected like this.  

Then, during first battery test flight with the DJI Goggles connected to my P4 Pro RC via USB, I was able to fly out several thousand feet, was able to fly at 44 mph in Sport mode and went up to 400 feet elevation with no distance or height limitations.  BUT... on the second battery flight with my P4 Pro I could fly no further than 149 feet distance and the Goggles app screen displayed message "maxumum distance reached."  I could fly only very slowly as I approached 149 feet radius from home point.  So, THIS IS A MAJOR BUG.  The inconsistency between first flight with zero limitations and second flight with severe limitations clearly indicates this is a software bug.

I am experiencing the same thing. The screen looked low res and couldnt fly further than 30 meters unless i reconnected the RC to the DJIGo app and readjusted the flight limitations. Had to do this with each battery change. I also did not realize that i could not use my iphone and goggles at the same time. Now That is a real design malefunction. Especially since the geo fencing must be changed before each flight, unless i'm missing something here. Any one else have a solution?
2017-12-4
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

During a RTH after signal loss to my RC I received the warning flight has been restricted to 30mx50m. I was 400 feet high and about 6000 feet away. It continued the RTH at the same altitude till I regained signal and flu normal was just strange to get that warning.   
2017-12-5
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

That will happen if the Homepoint is not set. How was your satellite coverage?
2017-12-5
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-12-5 05:51
That will happen if the Homepoint is not set. How was your satellite coverage?

I always make sure it has the current home point and I had 17-20 satellites
2017-12-13
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Edward J Smith Posted at 2017-12-13 13:06
I always make sure it has the current home point and I had 17-20 satellites

Are you in controlled Airspace? What you describe is what happens when you enter Controlled Airspace.
2017-12-17
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-12-17 05:50
Are you in controlled Airspace? What you describe is what happens when you enter Controlled Airspace.

No the closest controlled airspace is more than 9 miles away.
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules