12Next >
4751 48 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126227 ft
United States

on the 4th of July my Mavic pro was gone.

1:16 into my flight , the phone screen glitched, then the aircraft was disconnected.  
waiting for it to return home, i watched before my eyes my mavic pro descend into the ocean.
unable to swim to rescue it in time my pride and joy sank to the bottom.

currently have a case with DJI about this malfunction.

i had 94% battery, 15 satellites, and a clear path between me and my mavic.

dji tells me have to wait another 2 days for them to review the case.

has anyone ever had a simulair issue with there mavic pro?
not returning home if disconnected?
what did DJI do for you?
i have DJI care but i was unable to recover my unit.
BUT this was 100% not my falt, waiting for the home point to be set before take off , ensuring my settings were correct for return home.

help fam.

ty

2017-7-6
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

Video, Log... more information.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans015d3523
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467799 ft
Spain

Propellers ???.
2017-7-6
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

It was prob set to land if connection lost instead of RTH ? (In settings if connection lost, Hover, Land, Return to Home)
2017-7-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i am sure it is tough on you, i can only half appreciate what you must be going through. i'll hold thumbs for you that you will get replacement drone.
2017-7-6
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

" this was 100% not my falt"

Post the flight logs and let's find out what we can see from there . You really can not make that claim before the logs have been reviewed .
2017-7-6
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

Flight report ?
IMG_0697.PNG
2017-7-6
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

This picture won't say much. You can go to airdata.com, create an account and upload your flight data.
You can download their app that helps uploading easier.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

Flight time        Altitude        Home Distance        Type        Notification
A        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Motors_Started
B        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        Tips__Taking Off
C        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        Home Point Recorded. RTH Altitude:  120m.
D        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
E        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        Tips__Taking Off
F        00m 04s        3.3 ft        1 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
G        00m 39s        390.1 ft        18 ft        Warning        Warning:Max Flight Altitude Reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary
H        01m 06s        393.0 ft        76 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Sport
I        01m 19s        394.0 ft        618 ft        Warning        Adjust antenna and avoid signal block.
        01m 19s        394.0 ft        618 ft       

94% Battery at maximum distance

the RTH was set! and then as we see, antenna signal adjust.. then we lost connection..
2017-7-6
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=OLUwvx
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry to hear the mishap, would you please provide me the case number so I can keep an eye on it ? We will provide the further resolution according to After-Sales policy after the data analysis, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-6
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

Case number attached . They said to me at least 8-10 days to hear back .
IMG_0695.PNG
2017-7-7
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

Flight log of last flight ^
IMG_0702.JPG
2017-7-7
Use props
brenofortes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004833 ft
Brazil

Were you using an Android smartphone with the latest version installed on it?
2017-7-7
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

iPhone
2017-7-7
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

iPhone 7+ , both the phone software n Mavic were all up to date
2017-7-7
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

Well isn't this priceless . DJI says the device signal cut off . But they do not see this as abnormal ? At 94% battery , ?

I'm furious with DJI rn .
IMG_1955.PNG
2017-7-28
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

What is the purpose of DJI care if DJI isn't going to honor it in the event that The device malfunctioned. Seriously extremely mad right now DJI please do something before i lose it .
IMG_1956.PNG
2017-7-28
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans47d56aca Posted at 2017-7-28 06:47
What is the purpose of DJI care if DJI isn't going to honor it in the event that The device malfunctioned. Seriously extremely mad right now DJI please do something before i lose it .

Malfunctions are covered under the Mavic's warranty, but DJI has to be convinced that it was a defect for that to apply. Care Refresh is for crashes that occur due to pilot error, but only when the aircraft is returned to DJI.

If you upload the flight log (TXT) file to PhantomHelp that you've already uploaded to AirData I'll take a look at it and may be able to provide some new insight into what happened. The instructions for retrieving the TXT file and uploading it to PhantomHelp are here.
2017-7-28
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-28 07:13
Malfunctions are covered under the Mavic's warranty, but DJI has to be convinced that it was a defect for that to apply. Care Refresh is for crashes that occur due to pilot error, but only when the aircraft is returned to DJI.

If you upload the flight log (TXT) file to PhantomHelp that you've already uploaded to AirData I'll take a look at it and may be able to provide some new insight into what happened. The instructions for retrieving the TXT file and uploading it to PhantomHelp are here.

For your claimed case CAS-768181-X5F9P0, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft worked in Sport or Gps mode, and responded to RC command well;
2. T=01-19, H=120m, D=188.3m, battery power 94%, pilot pushed forward the pitch stick 99%; flight record was cut off;

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.  

apparently the mavic disconnecting and not returning home is normal...  fING DJI this is the last time i promote this company.

FU YOU DJI COSTING ME A TON OF MONEY FOR YOUR FU  DEVICES MALFUNCTION .  
2017-7-28
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

fans47d56aca Posted at 2017-7-28 14:58
For your claimed case CAS-768181-X5F9P0, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
2. T=01-19, H=120m, D=188.3m, battery power 94%, pilot pushed forward the pitch stick 99%; flight record was cut off;

was your mavic in sport Mode?
2017-7-28
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
United States

I believe so , but that doesn't explain the sudden disconnect .
2017-8-7
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46831 ft
Mexico

This sounds very similar to what happened to me. In my case, I had 54% battery, but no sign of any trouble. That seems like a pretty unsatisfactory response from them. By offering a discount, it sounds like they are acknowledging that it was in part their fault. Have you contacted them back?
2017-8-7
Use props
ToonTonic
New
Flight distance : 47359 ft
United Kingdom

That email reply from DJI is just pure comedy gold.....what a bunch of €###$ (i dont want to get banned)

No pilot error from logs, drone drops in ocean, DJI palm it off...but offer you a coupon code for a new one.

Waste of money then i guess that insurance.

Im sad to hear of your loss, really i am. These things are not cheap, but imo they are very overpriced. The software is very much average at best.

Hope you get the issue resolved

2017-8-7
Use props
ebaug
New

United States

Same thing happen to me DJI would not replace it stated insuffice flight records but they also stated that it (Mavic Pro) was a fly away.  They ended closing the case and I was out of a $1000.00 drone.
2017-8-7
Use props
Solomon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21736 ft
Ukraine

Good day. I'm already afraid of such "client oriented services" from DJI. Had the same issue. MAVIC was 1 weak old. Before launched only in 3 locations and all the time with interferences or weak signal. Also lost video signal in about 15 seconds. So had to RTH immediately. Even visited official retailer for the issue. They just updated everything again and let me go. We decided to launch it in another location nearby water to check. Everything was good 1:47 secs. Then signal disappear and drone gone in water. It was only 92 meters far.  I just passed all the logs to official retailer and awaiting response from them. Hope U will push DJI support and get your drone.  O'wise, suppose U may start legal actions, cause there were no any attentions for U in logs.
2017-8-8
Use props
JLR2
New
United Kingdom

DJI's response in unbelievable and very worrying. You expect better support for such an expensive piece of equipment, especially when its own logs show you did nothing wrong.
2017-8-8
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

fans47d56aca Posted at 2017-7-28 14:58

Upload the logs so we can take a look. Follow DroneFlying's instructions on where to put them. Screen shots and partial copy pastes don't give us much information.
2017-8-8
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Unusual to get a signal disconnect at that high altitude and relatively short distance.  Interference is a possibility.  Not near any GEO-Fenced areas, I see.

It looks like it was over shallower water at you last data point.  Have you tried to recover it?

I agree that more information could be provided by following DroneFlying's instructions and post to PhantomHelp
2017-8-8
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

They need to know that we will not stand for this lack of accountability. If this is a widespread problem, as I'm starting to suspect it might be, we have an obligation to notify blogs and wider news media of the danger of DJI products falling from the sky. Twitter, Facebook, every social media platform you can reach.

Have you been in contact with DJI support since the response?
2017-8-8
Use props
ShawnW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470105 ft
Canada

These comments are scaring the heck out of me. I am having a blast with my Mavic but I live in Ontario which is either trees or water.  Is there a common denominator here being Sport mode?
2017-8-8
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

ShawnW Posted at 2017-8-8 17:45
These comments are scaring the heck out of me. I am having a blast with my Mavic but I live in Ontario which is either trees or water.  Is there a common denominator here being Sport mode?

No, in my case sport mode was not enabled. In fact, I've never used it as I was still learning the ropes. Mine disappeared on probably around the 40th flight.
2017-8-8
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-8 17:05
They need to know that we will not stand for this lack of accountability. If this is a widespread problem, as I'm starting to suspect it might be, we have an obligation to notify blogs and wider news media of the danger of DJI products falling from the sky. Twitter, Facebook, every social media platform you can reach.

Have you been in contact with DJI support since the response?

We don't even know what happened. I haven't seen any usable data posted yet. If this were a widespread problem we would see this a lot more. As it stands I've seen two reports of Mavics falling out of the sky, one related to what appears to be a bad ESC.
2017-8-8
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
United States

ShawnW Posted at 2017-8-8 17:45

The common denominator on these forums, honestly, is bad piloting decisions. I'm not saying this one is OP's fault because it's impossible to say anything until we see logs, but in the majority of cases I've seen posted it's been either a case of not understanding the operation of the UAV, or pushing the aircraft past its operational limits.
2017-8-8
Use props
oceanhills
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17283 ft

Switzerland

I have the same thing. Mavic 400m away, sudden drop in battery from 50% to 25% and then says will return to home. It passes RTH point, flies over me and then keeps on flying 300m over RTH point and falls into water with still 15% battery left. Even mavic was just above me with battery left it didn't connect. For paying $1000 this is simply inacceptable.

The drone had enough power to return but due didn't RTH or re-connect. The drone was caught with that error and hovered in there  until it had no battery and fell into water.
2017-10-1
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

They can afford to brush these issues aside since they have the market cornered and people will buy their products anyway.
2017-10-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Without reading any of the comments, did you check the lost of connection settings form hover, RTH and land?
2017-10-1
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Same with me, Also on a boat . I lost connection and MP  RTH , I was 15 meters out and at 20 metrs height on active track on the boat.
The MP went away and I update home point and MP was updated to new homepoint. So my luck was to retrieve the MP.
I was near a NFZ zone. So that could be my issue.
2017-10-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

oceanhills Posted at 2017-10-1 12:37
I have the same thing. Mavic 400m away, sudden drop in battery from 50% to 25% and then says will return to home. It passes RTH point, flies over me and then keeps on flying 300m over RTH point and falls into water with still 15% battery left. Even mavic was just above me with battery left it didn't connect. For paying $1000 this is simply inacceptable.

The drone had enough power to return but due didn't RTH or re-connect. The drone was caught with that error and hovered in there  until it had no battery and fell into water.

Please upload the flight log (TXT file) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp and provide a link to it here so we can see for ourselves what happened.
2017-10-2
Use props
oceanhills
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17283 ft

Switzerland

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-10-1 16:47
Without reading any of the comments, did you check the lost of connection settings form hover, RTH and land?

That's why it started to auto-return to home. But when it did this a firmware error flashed before. Drone then flew back and even past RTH point. Connection was lost. I tried to move sticks but it didn't react. So it kept staying around 250m away from me over water and then landed itself into the same.

Support answered me that it didn't have enough battery to RTH even if it's clearyl visible that it even flew past RTH point. There it hovered with around 19% of battery. They also claim it didn't have enough battery. It was right in front of me and not far. 19% is still a lot.
2017-10-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules