flight list sync android - ios 16 flights missing?
1796 16 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I have started fliyng with S7 (android) and switch to ipad mini after a while (for bigger screen) and after several syncs steal have 33 flights on ios and 49 on android - how to make them in sync?
2017-7-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Try copying the missing flight records from your Android over to the iPad.

I had to do something similar recently when I forgot to back up my flightRecords folder before deleting and reinstalling the app. Went out and flew a few times then noticed my stats were off, realized what I had done, went back to a backup and copied over the missing flight records and now I'm all good.

2017-7-6
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

tried already but flightrecords are in directory and crazy iTunes do not allow me to enter this dir and can only copy files in root dir of dji app i rely hate this restrictive company
2017-7-6
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Can you explain what to copy? And maybe how (new to iOS)...I'm also missing a few flightrecord on my iOS device.
You should think that if you sync both devices, all of the flight records should be on the server and later also on both devices?
2017-7-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-6 12:20
tried already but flightrecords are in directory and crazy iTunes do not allow me to enter this dir and can only copy files in root dir of dji app  i rely hate this restrictive company

Drag the flightRecords folder out to your desktop, add the missing files to it, then drag it back onto iTunes.  
2017-7-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-6 12:21
Can you explain what to copy? And maybe how (new to iOS)...I'm also missing a few flightrecord on my iOS device.
You should think that if you sync both devices, all of the flight records should be on the server and later also on both devices?

Yeah, that would be nice if the cloud could sync all your devices bidirectionally.

You manage files in iOS via iTunes' File Sharing section. To sync flightRecords, you need to mix the contents of your two device's flightRecords folders together, and then copy back to the devices. On iOS, you'd drag the flightRecords folder to your computer, add the missing files, and then drag it back onto iTunes to update your iOS device. This is also how you'd copy your Downlink Videos off the device all at once, by copying the videoCache folder over to your desktop. Hope this helps.

iTunes_DJI.png

2017-7-6
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Thank you. But besides all .txt files are in place ipad steal shows 33 flights omitting 16 present files - something defenetly wrong with dji app
2017-7-6
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

... maybe someone can telle me how to copy the flightrecords into the right folder of my iPAD.... when I add the files, they are not copied into the flightrecords-folder... why does Apple make things so complicated?

edit: sorry didn't read about drag&drop...  copying of missing flightrecords didn't help...  files are now on iPad but in Flightrecords stats they are still missing!
2017-7-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-6 21:05
Thank you. But besides all .txt files are in place ipad steal shows 33 flights omitting 16 present files - something defenetly wrong with dji app

So did you also copy over the missing files from MCDatFlightRecords, which is inside flightRecords?
2017-7-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-7 09:13
... maybe someone can telle me how to copy the flightrecords into the right folder of my iPAD.... when I add the files, they are not copied into the flightrecords-folder... why does Apple make things so complicated?

edit: sorry didn't read about drag&drop...  copying of missing flightrecords didn't help...  files are now on iPad but in Flightrecords stats they are still missing!

See my response to Alex above.
2017-7-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-7 12:58
So did you also copy over the missing files from MCDatFlightRecords, which is inside flightRecords?

Also, you probably need to close and reopen Go 4 to get it to see the new files.
2017-7-7
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

This is a bug in the software. Each App Android and Apple sync to the server. Each App retrieve from the server.  Unfortunately the IOS app does not recover everything for some reason. We should not have to copy files. Thats what the server sync is for. My Android will sync all the IOS flights not problem but its broke going the other way. The server sees all the data so the IOS should be able to recover it but obviously a slightly different format.  Its sad that DJI can't get there IOS and Android teams on the same page let alone in the same country.
Even the Flight distance on the forum updates correctly by combining the Android and IOS flight distance from both apps.

2017-7-7
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Definitely a bug to be corrected. I will not waste my time in copying the files via a computer.
2017-7-7
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-7 12:58

Android device has no MCDATFlightRecords-folder...

In my opinion DJI needs to do some debugging to fix this, have allready opened a ticket via DJI.zendesk.
2017-7-8
Use props
fansf6c05bdf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224961 ft
United Kingdom

I have to say I totally agree. The whole point of having a cloud server is that it does this for you. I am sure there are many out there who use android and IOS for flying. I use an ipad for most of my work but when cycling I use an android phone.
Lets hope the company with the best drones and the worst customer service listens and rectifies this bug
2017-7-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-8 01:16
Android device has no MCDATFlightRecords-folder...

In my opinion DJI needs to do some debugging to fix this, have allready opened a ticket via DJI.zendesk.

Really? I have no idea if they are necessary for stats in addition to their original purpose, kind of doubt that they are, actually, but thought it worth a shot. I guess if Android text files aren't in the same format as iOS text files then that would also throw a monkey wrench into the works.

Interesting to hear that flight records in the cloud perform a two-way sync on Android devices, doesn't seem like they do on iOS, or possibly that feature is currently broken.

2017-7-11
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-6 18:17
Yeah, that would be nice if the cloud could sync all your devices bidirectionally.

You manage files in iOS via iTunes' File Sharing section. To sync flightRecords, you need to mix the contents of your two device's flightRecords folders together, and then copy back to the devices. On iOS, you'd drag the flightRecords folder to your computer, add the missing files, and then drag it back onto iTunes to update your iOS device. This is also how you'd copy your Downlink Videos off the device all at once, by copying the videoCache folder over to your desktop. Hope this helps.

Hi, EX. Thanks for this explanation indeed. I am also fighting with the not working sync between Android and iOs device. I will give it a try and let others know.

I would hope for DJI to make things work correctly one day.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules