Mavic gimbal yaw drift
1631 8 2017-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StormCloud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 770295 ft
United States

The gimbal on my mavic pro seems to spontaniously drift either to the left or to the right, while hovering, or flying. Especially worse after a stiff yaw input. If I stop the craft and hover I can clearly see the gimbal slowly drifting to one side or the other before finally seeming to settle down. I've tried compass, IMU, and controller calibrations. No change whatsoever. And advice? I want to order a pair of DJI goggles but this is really annoying me.
2017-7-6
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Do you have Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow turned on? This can cause what you are describing and is designed to avoid abrupt stops of the gimbal when panning in video.
2017-7-6
Use props
StormCloud
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-6 23:13
Do you have Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow turned on? This can cause what you are describing and is designed to avoid abrupt stops of the gimbal when panning in video.

Have tried with it both on and off. Don't recall there being much of a difference if any. Sometimes it seems to never return to center and when flying in a straight forward line the view gives it the appearance of diagonally strafing. This is a new issue, it didn't do this when I first got it. Could this be a firmware issue?
2017-7-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

StormCloud Posted at 2017-7-7 10:30
Have tried with it both on and off. Don't recall there being much of a difference if any. Sometimes it seems to never return to center and when flying in a straight forward line the view gives it the appearance of diagonally strafing. This is a new issue, it didn't do this when I first got it. Could this be a firmware issue?

I doubt it is a firmware issue or many others would have had the same problem. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration on a perfectly flat surface and is your horizon level?
2017-7-7
Use props
StormCloud
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-7 21:16
I doubt it is a firmware issue or many others would have had the same problem. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration on a perfectly flat surface and is your horizon level?

Yes, I have tried a gimbal calibration. Once in a while the horizon will be slightly off, I've noticed that panning down and then back up seems to correct the tilted horizon, but definitely not the gimbal drift.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans47d56aca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126227 ft
United States

i had a simular issue yesterday , i think it was because of the wind, but i did the same thing recalibrated everything , did a quick test seemed fine after.
2017-7-8
Use props
StormCloud
lvl.1
United States

Welp, thread has become irrelevant now.   https://forum.dji.com/thread-103726-1-1.html
2017-7-8
Use props
fansd4d9fa67
lvl.1
United States

I have noticed this too . I think wind will move them at times but I have tested mine over and over and found that if you let it set in one position for a min this goes away . Put the drone in your hand with the app running and move the drone to the left or right and watch the camera view went you stop abruptly . I notice the same thing as when flying . It's like the camera has to stabilize for a few seconds.
2017-7-8
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Those little pesky dust ups Gust if you will
Yesterday flew No wind It was rock steady very injoyable
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now