FAA refund/delisting available
759 2 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

A few weeks ago, it was announced that the Federal Aviation Administration no longer requires registration for personal drones. The federal appeals court in Washington D.C. decided that the FAA simply has no right to require hobbyists to register their drones and model aircraft. Well, now the FAA have are offering to de-list drone hobbyists from their system and issue refunds.
The refund is basically down to the fact that they weren’t legally allowed to charge you in the first place. But you do have to file for it, you don’t just receive it. According to AINonline, the FAA have made available a “registration deletion and self-certification” form. Registrants must complete it and then mail it to the FAA Civil Aviation Registry.
The FAA say that it “continues to encourage voluntary registration for all owners of small unmanned aircraft”.

2017-7-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I think I'l leave mine in the system, could come in handy if I ever lose it.
2017-7-7
Use props
droneflyer1
lvl.2

Canada

Funny how the registration was all online.. And this this delisting and refund process is papers based. They know most people will be lazy and not do it. Myself included!
2017-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules