Mavic Pro Carbon Fiber Props
4209 24 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

Bought them, installed, flew and....theyre SICK!!! faster and no more vibration than stock. Love it!
20170707_133202.jpg
2017-7-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Faster?
2017-7-7
Use props
KKIB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103022 ft
United States

Where did you purchase from?
2017-7-7
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Seen these but never tried, looks like Europe doesn't have but states do ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apex-RC-Products-DJI-Mavic-8-3-X-3-0-8330-Carbon-Fiber-Quick-Release-Props-9601-/222518285457?hash=item33cf1f9491:g:qlYAAOSwxu5ZII8g

Probably more durable, but u sure of a difference in flight ?
2017-7-7
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
United States

Definite and noticeable right from prep take-off...even sound is a bit deeper and hollow.
2017-7-7
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
United States

Screenshot attached
Screenshot_20170707-152129.png
2017-7-7
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

I needed some spares anyhow ;) honest lol so bought a set
2017-7-7
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
United States

I just did the skin wrap so would have anyway just for appearance but reason I shared is because the sound and speed were noticeably different
2017-7-7
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
France

idofuel Posted at 2017-7-7 14:25
I just did the skin wrap so would have anyway just for appearance but reason I shared is because the sound and speed were noticeably different

Proper carbon fiber will defo help with any slight impact over the stock ones, so no brainer for a spare set.
2017-7-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only way that props are going to make the drone fly any faster is if they are/were larger than stock size.  2nd, IMO  using aftermarket props on High Tech $1,000 DJI device isn't wise.  The Apex props that the OP is using received a whopping 2 reviews on Amazon.  1 review states, "looks cool" and the other states," Looks cool, the blade literally detached from the mechanism and flew off during take off now can't fly".  Explain that to DJI when it crashes.
2017-7-7
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
United States

Well I love them and they work great!! Lol
2017-7-7
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I've always wondered about the carbon fibre props; got some claimed carbon fibre props (actually wanted cheap practice props for weaving among trees; killed a few genuine ones which wasn't a cheap practice), and I don't think they were. Definitely noisier than original, but wouldn't mind after market ones if they can be quieter.
2017-7-7
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

just ordered .... 20€ is alright so i give them a try
2017-7-8
Use props
fans9ffe2d5d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3504731 ft
United States

I have used the Carbon fiber props for P3A (from DJI) and I like it. Will love to get some from DJI. Getting from 3rd party make me worry especially when it crashes....WARRANTY?
2017-7-8
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I guess they 'bite' better too when your fingers stray into the props when you try to hand catch it.
2017-7-8
Use props
Yoke
lvl.1
France

I need to try it !! Thanks for sharing.
2017-7-8
Use props
DanaK6JQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1050499 ft
United States

I have a set of these; they do have the cool look of carbon fiber, but I can't say they work any better than the OEM DJI props. However, it's true the blades are attached to the hub with small hex-head bolts and you need to tighten them when you first get the props and periodically check them with use. I'm keeping the props as spares.
2017-7-8
Use props
Jellybean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578543 ft
United Kingdom

When my drone cost me £1099 and the props are £9 from Apple shop am going to stick with Dji ones, I do hope Dji bring out some tho.

And the fact danak6jq said you have to tighten them is a total no go.
2017-7-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

They are available at amazon and in raw carbon with no logos on, http://amzn.to/2uWKZTF
Might get a set myself when my current props have been used a bit more
2017-7-8
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Those on Amazon should not be trusted. There is no proof they are reliable and furthermore, who is the company manufacturing these.  From those reviews, I'll stay away.  DJI made the drone and I will only buy stuff from them.  It's tested and trusted.
2017-7-8
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

I don't see the point. The DJI props are cheap, durable, trustworthy, and won't void your warranty. Why risk a $1000 drone on anything else?
2017-7-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I put a set of these Apex CF props on my Mavic today & flew through a battery for a comparison flight.  The construction is superb & (WOW!) are these things stiff - not flexible AT ALL like stock.  They look cool.

OK now for the flight characteristics...  Right off the bat on motor startup, it acted weird & slowly pivoted anti-clockwise.  Then after take-off to 6 feet, it would blink 3 yellow for awhile.  It also blinked yellow ascending in SPORT mode.  On a 2nd boot-up it didn't do this, but it did try to rotate anti-clockwise just momentarily on landing/motor shutdown.  Just mentioning this because this NEVER happens with the OEM props even in wind.  No difference in top speed (obviously).

IF they are quieter, it's maybe 1 or 2 decibels.  But they probably meter out the same, just at an ever-so-slightly lower frequency to the ear.  Performance seemed about the same.  I was looking for snappy movement in SPORT mode, but it felt just as responsive as stock.

Overall, no improvement noticed.  Only the weird anomalies mentioned.  ALSO, the hex screws don't allow them to fold easily.  In fact, they will probably break after folding just a couple times.  That & that hex screw may loosen and/or strip the pivot point.  There's already enough crap I've got to keep an eye on with this DJI GO 4, so reliability is the only important thing.  Pretty sure the Mavic compensates for these props just like your car does with additives (which is why you shouldn't use them in modern cars).

* I flew a battery with the CF props & another battery with stock/OEM props 1 right after the other.  Tested all aspects of flight in normal & SPORT.
2017-7-12
Use props
Sulu600
lvl.2
Flight distance : 486634 ft
United States

You can get them cheaper from China at this link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pair-Ca ... 26sd%3D162581169856
2017-7-12
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-7-12 14:43
I put a set of these Apex CF props on my Mavic today & flew through a battery for a comparison flight.  The construction is superb & (WOW!) are these things stiff - not flexible AT ALL like stock.  They look cool.

OK now for the flight characteristics...  Right off the bat on motor startup, it acted weird & slowly pivoted anti-clockwise.  Then after take-off to 6 feet, it would blink 3 yellow for awhile.  It also blinked yellow ascending in SPORT mode.  On a 2nd boot-up it didn't do this, but it did try to rotate anti-clockwise just momentarily on landing/motor shutdown.  Just mentioning this because this NEVER happens with the OEM props even in wind.  No difference in top speed (obviously).

I purchased CF props from Amazon. Link is here.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am also the one star review. I have CF props on both of my Inspire 1's. An expensive set and a cheap set. Both are matching in build quality and have been perfect. They don't allow me to perform miracles and flying time as well as noise is really no different. They do shine in the wind . more wind than would be safe for the Mavic. I do agree that you get what you pay for but I also don't believe in paying more just for a name. The CF props are not going to be a game changer for the Mavic. If the ones I had purchased were made better , I would be using them. Regarding warranty, who would know you had CF props if you did not tell.
2017-8-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-7 15:27
The only way that props are going to make the drone fly any faster is if they are/were larger than stock size.  2nd, IMO  using aftermarket props on High Tech $1,000 DJI device isn't wise.  The Apex props that the OP is using received a whopping 2 reviews on Amazon.  1 review states, "looks cool" and the other states," Looks cool, the blade literally detached from the mechanism and flew off during take off now can't fly".  Explain that to DJI when it crashes.

Plastic props have a tendency to flatten out the faster they spin, carbon fiber props hold there shape better at high rpm's giving you a little more thrust, its probably not enough to notice but they do look nice...
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules