Can I edit decent speed ?
977 3 2017-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WyoWy
New

United States

My Phantom 2 Vision crashed when it was returning home automaticlly. It decended to fast causing it to wobble and crash.
Is there any way to slow the automatic decent speed and make these landings safer ?

2017-7-7
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

There is a phenomenon where sometimes when descending vertically with no horizontal inputs on a still day can cause the AC to lose stability and then control due to its own burble. It can be rescued by adding any directional inputs horizontally, providing you have enough altitude and space it will recover. You can find videos on it if you need to see more, but it's a straightforward right hand movement in any direction as soon as you see it happening. Since learning about this a couple of years ago, on a still day I will descend while returning, or if that's not possible due to space constraints, I'll be watching it closely, ready to dial in some direction with the right stick. (Mode 2)
2017-7-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha WyoWy,

The latest Phantom 2 firmware update was supposed to reduce descent speed.  This was so the P2 would not go into Vortex Ring State (VRS).  There were a lot of complaints when DJI did that but it remains in the last firmware update.

When DJI came out with the P2 ver. 3, for use with Zenmuse Gimbals, they modified the propeller motor angles to manage VRS and increased the descent speed again.  Since then, each Phantom series and other models have followed that principle.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I was half expecting this to be a three y;ear old thread.  Very rare for this to happen nowadays.  
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules