Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-24 04:59
Hi All,
I totally understand how you feel now, sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Our engineers are aware of this situation and working on it now.

Thanks Natalia for the reply, many of us are still waiting on DJI but they must notice that some clever guys will get desperate on a fix for these problems and actually it is DJI's responsibility, because we have Drones that can't be used after the latest update, They have to respond to serious issues like this last update problems in a better way really. Thanks again for your replies.
2017-7-24
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So the firmware I uploaded is not corrupt? Its just that DUMLdore doesnt wright all the data the first time so you need to flash it a few times to insure that all the data is written? Am I understanding this correctly?
2017-7-24
Use props
fans09cbcaee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

Guys,

I have the same problem, but as "additional buggy" have stops aircraft in air
please see:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-105875-1-1.html
2017-7-24
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-24 10:36
So the firmware I uploaded is not corrupt? Its just that DUMLdore doesnt wright all the data the first time so you need to flash it a few times to insure that all the data is written? Am I understanding this correctly?

The firmwares are gold mate and thanks for uploading them! My P4 is rock solid now My procedure of downgrading to 503 then upgrading to 602 has brought my P4 back to its original working state before being corrupted by the latest DJI firmware. Thanks again for providing the firmware files and everyone else for helping solve this frustrating situation that DJI landed us in.
2017-7-24
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

fans09cbcaee Posted at 2017-7-24 10:42
Guys,

I have the same problem, but as "additional buggy" have stops aircraft in air

Downgrade your firmware using these steps and bring your P4 back to life and working state without any bugs: https://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html

My P4 is rock solid again!
2017-7-24
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

I'm very happy for you to find a good solution. Thanks you Icer, you're the best. I will wait for a DJI firmware solution, fortunately I can afford it, I have another non-DJI-drone and I can fly it while my P4 is grounded.
2017-7-24
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

gyrex Posted at 2017-7-24 10:44
The firmwares are gold mate and thanks for uploading them! My P4 is rock solid now  My procedure of downgrading to 503 then upgrading to 602 has brought my P4 back to its original working state before being corrupted by the latest DJI firmware. Thanks again for providing the firmware files and everyone else for helping solve this frustrating situation that DJI landed us in.

Thank God! Im so glad that we found a working rollback procedure. I was glad to share my firmware. I wasnt the only one. Beeper posted his firmware as well,  Icer put the procedure together, and you guys are Beta testing it. If DJI had a team like ours maybe their s*hit software would work. And to think, we did it ourselves in less than 24 hours. I think DJI owes us some money.
2017-7-24
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

after a short testflight a also can confirm, that my p4 is flying rocksolid again with the downgrade. thanks a lot guys
2017-7-24
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-24 10:49
Thank God! Im so glad that we found a working rollback procedure. I was glad to share my firmware. I wasnt the only one. Beeper posted his firmware as well,  Icer put the procedure together, and you guys are Beta testing it. If DJI had a team like ours maybe their s*hit software would work. And to think, we did it ourselves in less than 24 hours. I think DJI owes us some money.

The same thing tends to happen with Apple and beta updates, which are supposed to be non-down gradable.  It usually takes a few days before some user find the way that works.  There few need that, but its usually available somewhere for those that find too many issues.
2017-7-24
Use props
Mediaworx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44521 ft
Russia

Here is a link to download DUMLdore and all firmware versions. Good flight!
2017-7-24
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-24 10:49

Since you guys are on a roll, do you think you could give me the new firmware with the added features that I have been waiting so impatiently for - just without the whole kamikaze flight characteristics? That would be ideal.
2017-7-24
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

1000+ thanks to http://dji.retroroms.info and all persons who are behind it.
Thanks to jezzab , who is owner of DUMLdore flasher (https://github.com/jezzab/DUMLdore).
Many thanks to Duchunter and beeper for help.
Thanks all on this forum who test firmware on his own risk, on "beautifully" drone and make feedback's.
Now we are DJI firmware free till DJI make some next step to close this gap.
Soft and firmware are here - https://mega.nz/#!aVF3HYDR!X6VcV ... 7xqNCvT4VzzXmTXeNHk
All instructions you can find here in this forum
Thanks.
2017-7-24
Use props
fans4f0d4777
New
Flight distance : 121535 ft

United States

BVB Posted at 2017-7-8 11:35
Agreed. Experiencing the same issues with my P4 and recent firmware upgrade.

Me too exact same issues
2017-7-24
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Icer Posted at 2017-7-24 13:36
Thanks all on this forum who test firmware on his own risk, on "beautifully" drone and make feedback's.

I agree it's great that a workaround appears to have been found but it's a little confusing that there appears to be three different links to the downgrade package in these threads. The first one I noticed was the separate post by gyrex. Are the others based on this one or are they variants of that initial package? I don't think it makes sense to have multiple links, especially if the original one gets updated at some stage. Perhaps the posters of the other links should refer back to the original link instead of creating new ones.
2017-7-24
Use props
Windy Hill Flye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14764 ft

United States

Thanks for the help getting around the update.  I was still flying but it was pretty nerve racking watching it bounce around. It flies just like it always did and expect it to fly.   Now I also know to make a backup before updating the firmware. Just for info. DJI is not the only company that has these glitches, I work in agriculture and there are always updates to equipment or programs that have problems.
2017-7-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Icer Posted at 2017-7-24 09:26
Hi all,
Just finished all tests with firmware.
Lot of things and application links already posted here, by this reason i not give some links but just tell very important features...

Hi Icer.
It's interesting that you found that flashing the P4 twice with v.602 had the same outcome as flashing with v.503 first and Then with V.602. Makes you kinda wonder what the effect of flashing twice with v02.00.0106 would do...

An incomplete flash of the latest may go to explain why we have such a wide range of reports regarding success or failure. Perhaps the master cfg file for v02.00.0106 isn't a full list of drivers?
2017-7-24
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-24 17:25
Hi Icer.
It's interesting that you found that flashing the P4 twice with v.602 had the same outcome as flashing with v.503 first and Then with V.602. Makes you kinda wonder what the effect of flashing twice with v02.00.0106 would do...

I tried re-flashing, same outcome.
2017-7-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gablopez Posted at 2017-7-24 18:14
I tried re-flashing, same outcome.

Flashing v02.00.0106 using this method, or using the Assistant 2 'refresh' option?
2017-7-24
Use props
Zike
lvl.1
France

Hi,

You may want to contact gyrex about the FW 01.02.0602.

In your package the FW (coming from dji.retroroms.info) is different than the one in his package (https://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html) while the FW 01.02.0503 is exactly the same.

Regards.
2017-7-24
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-24 18:19
Flashing v02.00.0106 using this method, or using the Assistant 2 'refresh' option?

Using the Assistant "refresh"
2017-7-24
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

I have said this before, and I will say it again. DJI has designed an awesome machine, but their company is a disaster. Mark my words, this latest mess is the beginning of the end for DJI as it is known now. They have proven that they could care less about their customers on more than one occasion, this time being the worst. Nobody in their right mind would ever trust DJI again. Not only have let down their customers, but still have every intention on controlling  where, when, and how you can fly.

I think it is about time that some of us coding types take matters into our own hands and develop a firmware that is both safe and functional, as well free of DJI's control. It is very well possible as proven here just in the last day or so, it can be done on a group effort. With a little more effort and some crafty reverse engineering we can clean this DJI mess up once and for all and make sure they don't make this mess again.

DJI, you DO NOT have the best engineers working for you, the best engineers purchased a product from you. I can assure you these people are smarter than you and will not put up with you arrogent attitudes any longer. You seriously need to get it together quick, because we are not waiting for you anymore, that has been proven.

What a shame it has come to this

2017-7-24
Use props
martin_bogo
lvl.1
United States

Trump Posted at 2017-7-24 19:53
I have said this before, and I will say it again. DJI has designed an awesome machine, but their company is a disaster. Mark my words, this latest mess is the beginning of the end for DJI as it is known now. They have proven that they could care less about their customers on more than one occasion, this time being the worst. Nobody in their right mind would ever trust DJI again. No only have let down their customers, but still have every intention on controlling  where, when, and how you can fly.

I think it is about time that some of us coding types take matters into our own hands and develop a firmware that is both safe and functional, as well free of DJI's control. It is very well possible as proven here just in the last day or so, it can be done on a group effort. With a little more effort and some crafty reverse engineering we can clean this DJI mess up once and for all and make sure they don't make this mess again.

The core of the DJI Spark/Mavic/P4/P4P/I2 and even the Osmo is Linux + Busybox + Toolbox + Android.  

DJI has been informed of their GPL and open source violations by the responsible authors and parties, and I believe that in the end they will do the right thing and make sure to post and publish the open source portions of their firmware.  

I would like to think that DJI as a company is trying to do right by the community and it's customers.

That said -- yes, there is an effort to create an open source, extensible firmware that works on the same hardware platform.   The UAV and other components use ARM chips with TrustZone capability, and they have tried to obfuscate many parts of the update process.   They may find that by working with the community, we might be able to create a BETTER system ... combining the best of the open source community with their innovations and an open API/ABI and plugin architecture.

DJI put a lot of effort into it's app, the proprietary dji_sys and dji_* components they own and created and installed into the open source OS.  For the most part, they are trying to comply with a crazy quilt of international laws on UAV use by both hobbyist and commercial entities.

So, I'm willing to cut them slack ... they are making mistakes, and hopefully they are also learning from them.  

... and the DJI Reverse Engineering Team is learning just as quickly.  It doesn't have to be a cat-and-mouse game.  We'd love to work /with/ DJI.  

... all they have to do is let us.
2017-7-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

martin_bogo Posted at 2017-7-24 20:02
The core of the DJI Spark/Mavic/P4/P4P/I2 and even the Osmo is Linux + Busybox + Toolbox + Android.  

DJI has been informed of their GPL and open source violations by the responsible authors and parties, and I believe that in the end they will do the right thing and make sure to post and publish the open source portions of their firmware.  

'... all they have to do is let us.'

It would lose face in a big way, and for that reason, it won't happen. All this posturing is a huge collision between Yank Culture and Chinese culture, and DJI have the advantage.
2017-7-24
Use props
martin_bogo
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-24 20:10

It would lose face in a big way, and for that reason, it won't happen. All this posturing is a huge collision between Yank Culture and Chinese culture, and DJI have the advantage.

Less "yank culture" and more "western culture" perhaps.  However, I know Asian and Chinese culture very well, and it's more a matter of respect than face.

I strongly *respect* DJI and what they are trying to do.  They are trying to get UAV's with amazing capabilities up and flying, and into every budget.  They didn't have to make the Spark as powerful as they have for example.   

What DJI is learning, I hope, is that the people who are learning every detail of how their drones work are doing so not because we are against them ... but because we are genuinely excited about what they have created and want to make it better.

They are just now starting to understand this.  It may take time, but in the end, if DJI can learn to embrace the open source culture and community that gave their products life ... it will be awesome for everyone.

DJI -- hostile, freaky123, The_Lord, p0v, jezzab, MavProxyUser, and I are equal to your own engineering team.   We are very good at what we do, and have a combined experience in UAV's, autonomous navigation, hardware-firmware-software design and integration that is equal to your own core team.

Talk to us.  We are nice people, and we can do some really amazing things together.
2017-7-24
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
United States

martin_bogo Posted at 2017-7-24 20:02

"and I believe that in the end they will do the right thing and make sure to post and publish the open source portions of their firmware"

They will not. Their culture will not permit it, just like it is a part of our culture to teach them a lesson. For some reason they will not even issue an official apology for rendering Millions of dollars worth of their customers equipment useless. Why would you think they will sit down and share code. Never! No, we will have to reverse engineer it. It will happen, just a matter of time, and when it does, I would love to see the look on their faces. They have no conscience

In the end, we will win because they will lose sight of the prize.

Keep up the good work!
2017-7-24
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-24 20:10

"and DJI have the advantage"

Nope Geebax, we do. We are the customer. These machines are still in the infancy stage. Just a matter of time before some company, or group of people will reverse engineer it all, then make it better, and DJI will be in the dust. It is going to happen. It will happen because they are stubborn and greedy.  Customers don't like stubborn and greedy.
The community is smarter then they are. They can make anything that DJI can build better. Stay tuned.
2017-7-24
Use props
Zisojohn
lvl.1

Greece

is that legal and safe? i mean, if one day dji publish a new "good one" firmware, can we update without no issues? Can dji know if this firmware is from downgrade or if it is the original? (without upgrading).
2017-7-24
Use props
Crazyant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 852392 ft
Cyprus

Just a clarification. After the updating workaround does the controller also downgrade? Should we force it to downgrade? I am asking cause when i upgraded to the buggy firmware the controller would not work unless upgraded
2017-7-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Trump Posted at 2017-7-24 20:36
"and DJI have the advantage"

Nope Geebax, we do. We are the customer. These machines are still in the infancy stage. Just a matter of time before some company, or group of people will reverse engineer it all, then make it better, and DJI will be in the dust. It is going to happen. It will happen because they are stubborn and greedy.  Customers don't like stubborn and greedy.

You have the advantage? I don't think so, the best of US talent could not come up with a better aircraft than DJI did, in fact they all failed big time. GoPro?, Blew it completely. 3D Robotics?, all but now bust.

And while all you small time tinkerers are playing with the existing code, DJI just streak years ahead and produce the next generation of aircraft, and the one after that. And you can bet there will be no commonality in the code to even give you a foothold.

2017-7-24
Use props
robert266
lvl.2
  • >>>
Romania

Don't waste your time with theorys...Made in china... just say thank you to the users that find a solution to use again like before the phantom 4 !
The simple reality is to never update your aircraft firmware, never ! and never trust what natalia and other dji support says !
Best regards and have a nice time to fly !
2017-7-24
Use props
Kilrah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1733612 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

RE: Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmwar...

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-24 22:58
You have the advantage? I don't think so, the best of US talent could not come up with a better aircraft than DJI did, in fact they all failed big time. GoPro?, Blew it completely. 3D Robotics?, all but now bust.

And while all you small time tinkerers are playing with the existing code, DJI just streak years ahead and produce the next generation of aircraft, and the one after that. And you can bet there will be no commonality in the code to even give you a foothold.

Yup, people DO have the advantage, as they can decide with their wallet not to buy DJI products again until they fix their attitude/problems to comply with what people expect.
2017-7-24
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Everyone
Just an update I have removed the link on 637# for V01.02.0503 firmware. Please down load the complete package from Icer's post 692#. I have done this to hopefully stop confusion. Thanks Icer for all your work on this.

Cheers
2017-7-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Crazyant Posted at 2017-7-24 22:48
Just a clarification. After the updating workaround does the controller also downgrade? Should we force it to downgrade? I am asking cause when i upgraded to the buggy firmware the controller would not work unless upgraded

Hey, people who have done this have reported in other threads that the latest RC (1.9.2) continues to work OK with the downgraded P4. Yeah, I know - sounds odd to me too, but...
2017-7-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Zisojohn Posted at 2017-7-24 22:18
is that legal and safe? i mean, if one day dji publish a new "good one" firmware, can we update without no issues? Can dji know if this firmware is from downgrade or if it is the original? (without upgrading).

Define 'legal' - if by that do you mean will DJI honour warranty claims if you use this method to downgrade to a working firmware again? Who knows until it's tested.
Safe? Many others have already done the downgrade and have reported success.
Can you still upgrade? Well, those same people are now saying that the GO app is pestering them to update again - which they won't. So that implies that it's like a DJI install.

But it'll always be your choice to do it or not.
2017-7-24
Use props
Zisojohn
lvl.1

Greece

Is that working with dji go 4 version 4.1.4?
2017-7-25
Use props
Rockafilly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464633 ft
Germany

Zisojohn Posted at 2017-7-25 00:11
Is that working with dji go 4 version 4.1.4?

yes, it still works with the version 4.1.4 - tested it few minutes ago
2017-7-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kilrah Posted at 2017-7-24 23:41
Yup, people DO have the advantage, as they can decide with their wallet not to buy DJI products again until they fix their attitude/problems to comply with what people expect.

How tiresome. People have been saying this ever since the first Phantoms came out, and yet DJI go from strength to strength. Has a lot to do with the fact that all the other drones are crap.
2017-7-25
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

They need a Mac alternative too. Or at least source code so us Mac users can compile and run it.
2017-7-25
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

DJI really needs to pull their finger out on this one. Like hours... not days or weeks. I've never seen such a fierce backlash on the forums. The very behaviour they are trying to control is biting them in the a**. You better believe that the next firmware (when it finally arrives) will have this loophole locked up. That's probably why it is taking a while! If I didn't desperately want these new features, I'd downgrade and stay there for good. In fact, it is now clear why we were given the new features in the first place - to sweeten a bad deal.
2017-7-25
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-24 22:58

"And while all you small time tinkerers are playing with the existing code"

Wow Geebax. I don't think you have a clue how intelligent these small time tinkerers are, then again, I wouldn't expect you would. About all you seem to be good at is insulting people.

DJI HAS done a fantastic job with their hardware, as a company they are horrible. I have NEVER seen a company take a stance like this and survive. As a matter of fact, I have never seen a company take a stance like this period.

I don't care how good they are, they will eventually fail if they keep it up, and when it happens, you will have to find another flavor ... oops I'm sorry flavour of kool-aid to drink. ;-)

2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules