Aircraft totally unstable and aggressive after recent firmware up...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veekman530
lvl.2
United States

Having the exact same problem as everyone else in the thread. Upgraded to latest FW and now have jerky, unstable movements and a very weak signal. Grounded until DJI puts out a fix. Thanks for the $1000 paper weight!
2017-8-15
Use props
veekman530
lvl.2
United States

DJI please give us the option to downgrade!!!!!
2017-8-15
Use props
fanse26bafac
New
Flight distance : 164941 ft
Russia

Dear users, I also encountered the above listed problems, after installing the latest firmware, and just like you started looking for a solution to this problem. But to me one user, strongly recommended to calibrate the compass and IMU. Although in the state of the drone it was indicated that everything is normal, and it is not necessary to calibrate. I calibrated as indicated in the instructions on the screen (the calibration surprised me with its new items). But after completing all the calibration points, I launched my drone, it was stable, the connection was not interrupted, the video did not brake. I flew to a distance of 2 km, and automatic return home worked properly. Be sure not to be too lazy to make a qualitative calibration, far from iron-concrete constructions. And maybe this will help you. Well, in general, according to the new firmware there are some pleasant changes, the drone became more smooth and obedient.
2017-8-15
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

fansa2c27898 Posted at 2017-8-15 06:55
I tested Beta version last night, all went smooth, sent data to DJI.  It seems a lot better without all the warnings seen in the last FW.  It certainly seemed stable and I also managed some distance before signal dropped.  My verdict is "best since upgrade", however not 100% as original.  Thank you DJI for making the effort! I will continue testing this weekend in daylight.  Snap-man's brother.

I hope this is the beginning of this nightmare ...
2017-8-16
Use props
fansd5b65b5a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157064 ft
United States

I've just spent an hour on the phone with DJI for nothing.

I started experiencing these same issues last week when I received my replacement drone under the care refresh program. Right out of the box, very unstable while hovering and in flight. You can hear the motors fighting each other trying to stabilize, but it just can't.

I was asked to calibrate the IMU and compass....have multiple times, no luck.

DJI wants me to pay to send it back and they will look at it. Said they have never heard of this problem and can only recommend sending it back.
2017-8-16
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Even here, they have never heard of this problem...still more than a month we're trying to voice our concern
2017-8-16
Use props
Capt Tom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1595121 ft
United States

Ok, now y'all got me curious. We have a group of us that all fly P4's for work and disagree on the updates. Exactly what version is the latest update that is giving everyone fits? What is the prior version that everyone seemed to like? Thank you in advance for your help.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-8-16 11:09
Even here, they have never heard of this problem...still more than a month we're trying to voice our concern

On the forums we have made many statements about this issue. Please read around before making statements that "here we have never heard of this problem".

Thanks.
2017-8-16
Use props
milnefish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35049 ft

United Kingdom

Now that I have had the beta Fw pushed to me.. There is an option for v02.00.0034 also. Anyone know much about this FW?
2017-8-16
Use props
Snap-man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8770 ft
South Africa

Maxnew Posted at 2017-8-15 06:43
Could he share it with us?

We installed beta firmware and flew. Not much of an improvement, but one major flaw. Now the phantom "drifts" without touching the controls at all. Have tried ALL the calibrations possible....didn't solve the problem. It hovers perfectly, no wobbling or bucking.....but it drifts. Sometimes backwards, sometimes sideways.
2017-8-16
Use props
rclzzz
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-8-16 11:14
On the forums we have made many statements about this issue. Please read around before making statements that "here we have never heard of this problem".

Thanks.

I've been patient regarding this issue for the majority of the summer. I am glad a handful of people were given a new beta which according to them fixes most of the issues. But I'm asking you for your advice Joe. I have the largest video shoot of my life happening on sunday where I need my P4 for a lot of the shots. I unfortunately updated to the most recent firmware for my last shoot and it was a disaster trying to deal with it on location. Majority of the shots were un-usable. What do you suggest I do?
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

rclzzz Posted at 2017-8-16 14:03
I've been patient regarding this issue for the majority of the summer. I am glad a handful of people were given a new beta which according to them fixes most of the issues. But I'm asking you for your advice Joe. I have the largest video shoot of my life happening on sunday where I need my P4 for a lot of the shots. I unfortunately updated to the most recent firmware for my last shoot and it was a disaster trying to deal with it on location. Majority of the shots were un-usable. What do you suggest I do?

Unfortunately at this time I don't have a good answer for you. It's unlikely that an update will be released to the public before your event, but I'm personally not certain.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 599308 ft
Australia

HOW ABOUT DJI DOING THE RIGHT THING BY IT'S CUSTOMERS AND GIVING US THE OPTION TO DOWNGRADE TO PREVIOUS SOFTWARE??? STOP SHOWING SUCH CONTEMPT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS OTHERWISE FOR MANY OF US THIS IS THE LAST DJI PRODUCT WE WILL BUY
2017-8-16
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

rclzzz Posted at 2017-8-16 14:03

Downgrade back to the last version that worked. Don't let DJI ruin this for you. It works great, and if you are smart will never fall for the firmware trick again
2017-8-16
Use props
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Australia

Trump Posted at 2017-8-16 16:08
Downgrade back to the last version that worked. Don't let DJI ruin this for you. It works great, and if you are smart will never fall for the firmware trick again

You cant downgrade, DJI Assistant does not have the option any longer. The REALLY annoying thing is that when I went to do the upgrade I got a message to say I would be able to downgrade. DJI should make good of this immediately. DJI is breaking many consumer rights at the moment and I'm talking to the ACCC in Australia about it.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks.

DJI Joe, this is what your operator told me as well, "Oh I've never heard this issue." Perhaps your support staff need more training.
2017-8-16
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Going past 6 weeks is way too long!!! Official Rollback or Buyback!
2017-8-18
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-8-16 14:18
Unfortunately at this time I don't have a good answer for you. It's unlikely that an update will be released to the public before your event, but I'm personally not certain.

Joe, why can't you help users downgrade their drones? The instructions are simple and work reliably.
Why can't DJI support acknowledge that there is a firmware problem? Why do they tell customers to return their drones?
Who is running your company?
2017-8-18
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

fans62fcc81b Posted at 2017-8-16 17:18
You cant downgrade, DJI Assistant does not have the option any longer. The REALLY annoying thing is that when I went to do the upgrade I got a message to say I would be able to downgrade. DJI should make good of this immediately. DJI is breaking many consumer rights at the moment and I'm talking to the ACCC in Australia about it.

You can downgrade but DJI kept removing this persons post how to do so. I reverted my drone and remote back to the firmware before this horrible one. My drone is flying great again. I'll have to find out the software I used and see if I can find instructions again.
2017-8-18
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

Please download  at https://github.com/jezzab/. I can't find the instructions I used, I'll have to check my pc, but I remember when you downgrade the P4 back you must do it twice. The first time you turn off and on your phantom 4 it'll be slow and the second time it'll be normal fast turning off and on. I found this video on youtube. Hope it can help. PS do at your own risk of coarse.

2017-8-18
Use props
fanscf5de830
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023320 ft
United States

Thanks.

Hi Dji Joe any news on the update for fix Ver. 106 I also have a unstable and wobbly bird.I done everything suggested nothing woks. I owned a phantom 2v+, a mavic ,phantom 4 ,been flying for 2 years without any problems until the update Ver. 106 on phantom 4, DJI needs to fix the problem if it wants to keep their costumers .
2017-8-21
Use props
fans62fcc81b
lvl.1
Australia

fanscf5de830 Posted at 2017-8-21 22:00
Hi Dji Joe any news on the update for fix Ver. 106 I also have a unstable and wobbly bird.I done everything suggested nothing woks. I owned a phantom 2v+, a mavic ,phantom 4 ,been flying for 2 years without any problems until the update Ver. 106 on phantom 4, DJI needs to fix the problem if it wants to keep their costumers .

DJI has gone all quiet on us mate, if they cared about their customers they'd make the beta version available to every P4 & P4P owner via Assistant. Absolutely last DJI product I ever purchase, this has been a farce
2017-8-22
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
United States

Agreed I'm done with DJI.
2017-8-22
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

fans62fcc81b Posted at 2017-8-22 00:51
DJI has gone all quiet on us mate, if they cared about their customers they'd make the beta version available to every P4 & P4P owner via Assistant. Absolutely last DJI product I ever purchase, this has been a farce

I have the beta version, it is the same disaster. I've only flown one test flight to get the logs and send them to DJI and nothing has changed, the same unstable flight and even more, now flying sideways I have unstable flight, rubbish footage and agressive braking (not noticed it with the failware). The beta version does not fix anything.
2017-8-22
Use props
Enilson Arneiro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 546604 ft
Brazil

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-22 11:38
I have the beta version, it is the same disaster. I've only flown one test flight to get the logs and send them to DJI and nothing has changed, the same unstable flight and even more, now flying sideways I have unstable flight, rubbish footage and agressive braking (not noticed it with the failware). The beta version does not fix anything.

As well? Are we still adrift?
2017-8-22
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Joe , Susan or any other mod,
We demand a solution for the problem.
You disrespects us when you are leaving us with no solution for 1.5 months.
Can you understand our anger and the feeling of being betrayed by you?
Can you understand the anger that rises when you are not answering us and still being silent?
Is it ok according to your culture to act like that??!
2017-8-22
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

The best way to get results is for everyone to complain to email support.
2017-8-22
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

beeper Posted at 2017-8-22 13:57

Or just downgrade to the prior version...I'm back flying again as stable as it ever was. I don't know why DJI won't just give everyone that option instead of us having to go through a 3rd party to do it.
2017-8-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

beeper Posted at 2017-8-22 13:57

Agreed. This forum  is not an "official" support mechanism, and requires the mods to relay to R&D. Emailed issues go into the Zendesk system (I believe) which DJI Support use to formally track and report on open tickets. Enough common "incident" reports will trend to become a noted "problem".
2017-8-22
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

The more emails that are sent in will show DJI the true scale of the problem. I did email them yesterday and asked what is going on and I was told the Engineers are still working on it .
2017-8-22
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Support (Support) 8月23日 17:55 CST  Dear customer, Good news. I have helped you give the feedback of your issue to our R&D team, they agreed to help you test and check your drone. Would you agree to send your drone back? If your answer is yes, please provide the information below to me asap: Your whole name: Your detail delivery address & country:  Tel:  I will help you open a case number and help you return it back to our R&D team, your issue will be solved soon. Waiting for your soonest reply.  Thanks.  Best regards, Aurora DJI Technical Support  Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
2017-8-23
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

beeper Posted at 2017-8-22 16:15
The more emails that are sent in will show DJI the true scale of the problem. I did email them yesterday and asked what is going on and I was told the Engineers are still working on it .

I also have sent an email. It's been 48 days now that some of us can't use our Drones. I use the Drone for inspection work as well. I want to buy a Matrice 210 also, but I am starting to get uncertain. Wonder how many people all over the world can't use their Drones after the latest update. The people that do not have this wobble, unstable, [unsafe] problem are really very lucky,- to fly without 4K or something minor is not so bad as not to be able to fly at all, or flying very risky and not safe. You can roll back the firmware at your own risk but it is not recommended. Can and will DJI from their side tell us how we as customers and users must react, respond and working better together to make this kind of mistake be handled and solved in a far better way as it is being done at the moment, because how can you have equipment that you can't use for so long, and that just because of an update. We know software is very, very complicated and thanks a lot for what the engineers, etc are doing and accomplish but the way things are going at the moment is not good at all for both sides.                     
2017-8-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Thanks.

Why is it that support always say that they are unaware of any firmware issues and that its a hardware problem and then charge $250 to repair it? If your saying its a firmware issue then why is dji saying its a hardware issue and charging people to repair it? Your quick to respond when your right but im betting you wont respond to this. Its not because dji is making a lot of money off of this is it. You try to pasify those that know better by saying "were working on it" but dji doesnt have a problem charging those that dont know better to repair a problem that dji caused. Why is that Mr Joe Lee?

support 6.png
2017-8-23
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-8 17:52
Guys, as tempting (and as easy) as it is to bash DJI, I'd recommend we stick close to the facts about this issue as possible. We need to demonstrate that this is a clear and present problem that needs to be resolved quickly and the best way to do that is to document the issue as extensively and concisely as possible.

The wobble that's definitely present should show up in the .dat files as motor RPM fluctuations, haven't been there yet just a hunch at this point. Something mechanical is happening due to something electrical telling it to do so.
2017-8-23
Use props
lm51-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 677178 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-23 07:52
Why is it that support always say that they are unaware of any firmware issues and that its a hardware problem and then charge $250 to repair it? If your saying its a firmware issue then why is dji saying its a hardware issue and charging people to repair it? Your quick to respond when your right but im betting you wont respond to this. Its not because dji is making a lot of money off of this is it. You try to pasify those that know better by saying "were working on it" but dji doesnt have a problem charging those that dont know better to repair a problem that dji caused. Why is that Mr Joe Lee?

Interesting comment: "...just that the problem show after the update...".  If that's the case, and this is happening to such a large number of P4s then it sounds to me like a "RECALL" is in order.  Very much like a car, doesn't matter if out of warrantee, if there's a defect it has to get fixed.  If this the case, and that what I see from DJI Angela, then DJI needs to step up and fix them all.  I wonder what kind of lawsuit is waiting to happen when a drone with this problem (after the firmware upgrade) causes some major incident and someone is badly hurt!  

Can you see the headlines now, "Major Drone manufacturer DJI was aware of the issue, persisted on rolling out the Firmware that brought on the problem, refused to back it out, etc...".  What great publicity that will be.
2017-8-23
Use props
pwr406
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344600 ft
United States

I also have the "bucking" issue. I've tried everything suggested and no improvement.
2017-8-23
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

So, a user can downgrade the firmware (on their own with no dji support, ugh) to the prior release and all is well with the bird again, but support insists that the problem is hardware and needs sent in? Even though they are evaluating beta firmware with users experiencing the problems?
2017-8-23
Use props
mM6jSaE8C2mK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57697 ft
United States

Any updates on our grounded phantom 4?  Getting past the 6th week now with no hope in sight.  I just want it to fly exactly like it did before I updated it to this lastest firmware.  
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-23 07:52

I don't believe I ever said it was firmware issue specifically. I can ask the support team what their reason is for saying it is a firmware issue.
2017-8-23
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

My last comment was deleted because it broke the forum rules. I apologise - as you know I try to play by the rules. Redacting some of what I wrote, here is what I can say. I know for a fact that there are two major media outlets now keeping their eyes firmly on this situation. And they are publications that DJI's c-suite often brown nose and try to keep happy.

DJI Joe - the statement made by the Angela Bernice to Duchunter is hugely concerning and warrants further explanation. "It's not the update, it's just that the problem show after the update." There is no way to interpret this other than there is a hardware fault with the Phantom 4 that software cannot fix. So there are two possible scenarios here.

1. The Phantom 4 is inherently faulty, and there is actually no way to resolve the issues on the current iterations of firmware. If that's the case, shouldn't DJI - at the very least - be requesting that all P4 owners send their birds in for repair - not just the lucky 4 or 5 that got on the latest beta update?

2. The DJI representative was misinformed, mistaken or poorly trained and the issues do in fact reside in the firmware

Both scenarios generate additional questions. If a bird is sent back to DJI for 'repair' what exactly will the repair entail? If the hardware is at fault, what will be replaced? If it's a software fix, why hasn't in been rolled out? Is the offer of a repair extended to Duchunter open to all Phantom 4 owners? How much will it cost, given that we have literally done nothing, other than follow DJI's instructions? If there is no plausible fix from software, why is DJI releasing beta firmware?

We are all genuinely at a loss. Please Joe, speak to the engineers and then try to answer some of the questions above, so that we can get a better understanding of the situation we are in.

I try to keep a level head, but this is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. We need a reasonable response.
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules