1681 12 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the past when approaching a NFZ some of us had the drone force land right where it was..One guy had his drone land on a highway. I had it happen once...What's the latest thing if you approach a Red NFZ is it still force landing in place or does it start a return to home which would be the most logical?

2017-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not to sure, but maybe RTH at present height might make sense.
2017-7-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I thought it just stopped like it hit an invisible wall.  I believe early on like three years ago it would auto land but now I thought it was changed to just stop moving into the zone.  So what happens is, if you're on an automated mission and out or range, it hits the wall, stops, bounces into the wall for a while, then runs low on battery, and auto lands because of critical battery.  So it ends up landing in the highway or whatever.  That's my understanding but I wouldn't bet the house on it.
2017-7-8
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

It's a little hard and guess when DJI apparently does not know much about the subject that they dare write it on paper. My guess is the machine behaves like a wall is standing. But if the vessel is running out of power, an automatic return to home did not seem and could be carried out for some strange reason.

I can not understand DJI's attitude with and throw NFZ out more or less random places that people can not see. Of course, the zones should appear on the card on the right side of the DJIGO4 so people can see them. That it would reveal how many errors there are in DJI's NFZ will only benefit their customers.  

The way DJI run their unity with GEO (NFZ) today is not the way we do it in the Western world, where we focus on education instead of compulsion.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-8
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf  New User Manual V1.2 July 2017) page 55/56
2017-7-12
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-12 04:37
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170711/Phantom_4_Pro_Pro_Plus_User_Manual_EN.pdf  New User Manual V1.2 July 2017) page 55/56

Would be nice if DJI sent out notices when a new manual is available!
2017-7-12
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

racer888 Posted at 2017-7-12 05:54
Would be nice if DJI sent out notices when a new manual is available!

yes, they could do that... but it doesn't  hurt to be just a bit proactive -or maybe I just have too much time in my hands and can look around here and there...
2017-7-12
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

it will just hover and bounde off it like a jellow wall.
2017-7-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans589cba4b Posted at 2017-7-12 08:29
it will just hover and bounde off it like a jellow wall.

But can you get the bird back? Past experience for me and for others that posted was it stopped dead hovered and landed when battery went dead. You couldn't bring it back.
2017-7-13
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I believe in one of the previous firmware updates, they changed the behavior to return to home instead of just landing because forum users raised concerns and DJI listened.. No I am not making this up.. I will try to find the actual thread tonight..
2017-7-14
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-12 07:14
yes, they could do that... but it doesn't  hurt to be just a bit proactive  -or maybe I just have too much time in my hands  and can look around here and there...

Do yuo know what's changed beside of the date?
I have the same v.1.2, 69 pages but dated 2017.03 ... if that is how DJI do version rev. no wonder strange things happen with our FW too.
Screenshot at 2017-07-14 16-41-44.png
2017-7-14
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I figured out the difference between the two versions, 2017.07 has this added: "For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected
or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

And "Ensure to use the DJI GO TM 4 app during flight. Scan the QR code ..." has changed to "Be sure to use the DJI GO TM 4 app or other apps compatible with DJI aircraft during flight.
Scan the QR code ..."

No changes regarding NFZ as far i can see but wonder if the latter change tell that it could be possible to use other app's on the + too sometime in the future ;-)
2017-7-14
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

KEDDK Posted at 2017-7-14 07:18
I figured out the difference between the two versions, 2017.07 has this added: "For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected
or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

More importantly, this was in the previous release, but has been espunged in the most recent (I suppose the possibly dangerous immediate landing to which Brian Kushner was referring has been cancelled) :
NFZ behaviour.png
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules