HELP DJI MAVIC NOT HOVERING ACCURATELY/NOT FLYING STRAIGHT
685 2 2017-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0de225fc
New

United States

Hey guys,

I bought my mavic probably around 2-3 weeks ago and over that time I've probably flown it 8-10 times. I've been noticing within the past few flights that the drone won't fly straight even when I have the right stick pushed straight forward. I thought it might have been the wind, but I checked the weather and the wind wasn't blowing that bad (5-7 mph) especially for how sideways it was flying (probably around thirty degrees to the right of the intended direction). Then again today I noticed that when it was very close to the ground(10-12ft) that it wasn't hovering as accurately as it should; I wasn't even touching the controls and it would hover +-1ft without me touching the sticks. I found both of these things to be somewhat alarming because I don't think that this is supposed to happen. I don't want to send the drone in because I leave for Japan in three days and I wanted to take the drone with me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

iphone 6 plus
latest firmware on the drone, controller, and iphone application.
2017-7-8
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You need a COLD IMU calibration. Take the battery off put the AC in the freeser for 20 minutes. Have the app ready, take the AC, turn it on and then do the IMU calibration. turn off then on and let us know!
2017-7-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It is possible that an IMU calibration may help. However, there is absolutely no need to put the Mavic in the freezer.  What you should do is make sure that the surface is really level that you place the Mavic on. Keep the arms folded when you do the calibration and follow the instructions such that you change the position of the Mavic exactly according to the instructions. Remove the gimbal clamp but put the gimbal cover back on.
Good luck.
2017-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules