New model rumors
2490 8 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RonnyRR
New

Argentina

Hi all,
I am an amateur photographer but I like it a lot. I have never had experience with drones at all and want to get one. I friend of mine recommended Mavic Pro. I know it's been in the marked for a while.

I would not want to buy it just to learn that a newer/better version has come out a few weeks after. So, here is my question: Does anyone have knowledge of DJI tendencies to release upgraded drones?

Any input here would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance!
2017-7-11
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

The Mavic Pro is a very good aerial photo/video platform if you want something compact and easy to travel with.  That's why I picked one up for myself.

As far as revisions, DJI is always coming out with newer models.  Its not always quick.  And in many cases, DJI will introduce a lesser version at a lower price to hit a different price point.

Others may have opinions on a better Mavic version.  I personally think it will be a standard (likely non-4k) version next.  In any case, you get what you pay for.  The current Mavic Pro is a good choice if your ready to pull the trigger.  Otherwise, wait until it feels like the version for you......
2017-7-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Go the MAVIC PRO now and save yourself the hassle and ache of being a test dummy!
2017-7-11
Use props
SupaMonkey
lvl.1
South Africa

Im quite happy with my Mavic Pro and dont think you will be disappointed. I doubt DJI will release its successor within the next year, so I wouldnt wait in your shoes - unless of course you dont mind waiting for another 1-2 years.
2017-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you really want Mavic Pro just get it , if your waiting for new models you will never own a drone, Mavic is a great drone.
2017-8-20
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Yeah I heard a rumor, but that was it....a rumor!
2017-8-20
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

my guess is that dji is unlikely to launch a mavic 2 at least until the current model sales figures start to drop off - not sure that will happen soon.
2017-8-20
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

I don't think I would buy a drone until it has shipped for three months... they are just way to complex to be guaranteed bug free when released.

I just went thru this with a spark, worked great for a few weeks and then it either flew away or crashed.

Going to order a mavic to replace the lost spark.  
2017-8-20
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

I struggled with this question for several months before buying my Mavic.   While it may not be the case every time, it just seems like every new DJI release suffers through some pretty major issues during the first 6 or so months.    Personally I felt better getting last year's 'tried and true' model vs paying to be a beta tester...

LP   
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules