2743 6 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

Hi everyone,

I can not find a specification which kind of battery is inside the DJI Goggle. Somebody knows if DJI is using a LIPO battery? How do you transport the Google when traveling with an aircraft? As the battery is inside the headring only this part has to be carried in the handluggage, right?

Best regards.

2017-7-12
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

35.44 Wh battery: http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#specs

Easa rules for batteries are for preferably in carry on, or if "placed in checked baggage must be completely switched off and well protected from accidental activation."

https://www.easa.europa.eu/newsr ... -electronic-devices
2017-7-13
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

That means it is a LIPO? Normally the airlines require a LIPO bag for transport of LIPO batteries in the carry on. How you deal with the Goggle as there is no lipo bag in this size?

2017-7-13
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

Jan_Leh Posted at 2017-7-13 00:53
That means it is a LIPO? Normally the airlines require a LIPO bag for transport of LIPO batteries in the carry on. How you deal with the Goggle as there is no lipo bag in this size?

which airline does require lipo bags?
2017-7-13
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Jan_Leh Posted at 2017-7-13 00:53

A battery <100Whr can be carried in the checked-in luggage if it is connected to the dedicated device and secured against short circuit. Therefore - you can check the goggles in with the battery connected and this is fully acceptable. You could get a bigger LiPo bag and carry it onboard but this would be a bit cumbersome. Your choice though ;-) Happy flying!
2017-7-13
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What the airlines usually ask is that the battery terminals are covered to prevent shorting or arcing and to be stored individually in Lipo fire bags if possible. The googles, as long as they are separate should be OK. Also, batteries should not be charged any more than 50% when taking on the flight. I contacted my airline before a trip to Lanzarote and they were very helpful and happy that I had taken steps to ensure passenger safety. If in doubt - Ask them. Another point of note - Security never gave my DJI a 2nd look as it went through the scanners and security.
2017-10-6
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I used a case and carried on as hand luggage with no problem.
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules