Two red lights?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BirdsEyeView
New
Flight distance : 19190 ft
Netherlands

Just curious, why are the Phantom series drones equipped with two red lights on the front, and not a red and green light to show which side is which like on planes and boats?

2017-7-13
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, two red navigation lights in front and those in the rear are used to signal aircraft's status.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-13
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

The rear lights are green. Two red, two green, just like every other quad ive ever owned. The green lights blink to make them more visible for you and aircraft.
2017-7-13
Use props
BirdsEyeView
New
Netherlands

I mean like the navigation lights. See Wikipedia on this.
2017-7-13
Use props
BirdsEyeView
New
Netherlands

Wow, trying to be of help, adding a link. The forum changed the link to something I didn't want to link to, plus I can not change my message anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was the page I was referring to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light
2017-7-13
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

BirdsEyeView Posted at 2017-7-13 06:46
Wow, trying to be of help, adding a link. The forum changed the link to something I didn't want to link to, plus I can not change my message anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was the page I was referring to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light

Yes, the lights are called navigation lights out in the civilian world. DJI does not conform to the usual rules with their light.   

Regards Leif .
2017-7-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

None of the quads seem to.. while on airplanes and boats it's left/right, on qads it always has been front to back, and on top of it - red in the front... no clue why and how they came out5 with it.. but that's how it seems to be...!
2017-7-13
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Would be very smart of dji to change to navigation lights. The reason why they are in use is ....the easy identification of a alignment of a object  in distance.sins we have that the collisions are under control
There is no good reason, besides a lack of knowledge,  to do different.
2018-2-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think it's very smart for DJI to keep the lamps the way they are.  The lamps are for the pilot's perpective, not aircraft traffic.  The current lamp system makes perfect sense.  I think once you fly for a while, you'll understand this.  
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules