Intelligent mode No Fly Zone Warning... but not in NFZ
3163 33 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Everlast556
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40390 ft
United States

So, I'm at a local park. Checked with an officer on patrol, no prohition on drones in park (I know, nothing to do with FAA, just background). Set up spot... check Hover app, all clear. Get read to launch, DJI Go shows no warning and nothing on map. I launch, fly for a while. Still no warnings or anything on map. I go to switch to an intelligent flight mode, bam I get a warning about flying in an intelligent flight mode in a no fly zone. Exit out and look again, no warnings on map. What gives? Is this just a new, standard message everytime now?

2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Is the drone forced to landing when the warning pops out? Could you please sync the flight records, then provide me your DJI Account email and the date this occurred? I'd like to look into it.
2017-7-16
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

No, not forced to land or anything. I just needed to click OK to the message.
How do I sync my flight records?
2017-7-16
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

Ok, I sync'd the last month of flights. I think I got the message on either the flight on 14/07 12/07 or 11/07, possible several of them.
2017-7-16
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

OK, had the message again today. Sync'd flight for 16/07.

DJI Go App shows area all clear:
http://i.imgur.com/VD9Vcwd.jpg

B4UFly shows area clear:
http://i.imgur.com/ssrON0B.jpg

Hover shows area clear:
http://i.imgur.com/mpBWigx.jpg

Flying around, try to switch into POI mode... get the "Intelligent Flight Mode Terms (for no-fly zone) message:
http://i.imgur.com/xocj20n.jpg

???
2017-7-16
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have had this as well, nowhere near a NFZ, only happened when selecting active-track... Dji and their software eh... wow...!
2017-7-16
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-7-16 16:54
I have had this as well, nowhere near a NFZ, only happened when selecting active-track... Dji and their software eh... wow...!

I get it quite often, at different locations, and for multiple intelligent flight modes. It's crazy.
2017-7-16
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana,

are you looking into this?
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-7-17 16:40
DJI Diana,

are you looking into this?

Sorry for the delay, just saw your reply, could you please provide me the firmware version of the drone and the APP version for further analysis? Thank you in advance. Beside, please click on the "Reply" in the lower right corner to reply my post, so I can get a reminder.
2017-7-21
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 04:56
Sorry for the delay, just saw your reply, could you please provide me the firmware version of the drone and the APP version for further analysis? Thank you in advance. Beside, please click on the "Reply" in the lower right corner to reply my post, so I can get a reminder.

app is 4.1.3

ill try and get the firmware soon
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-7-24 11:14
app is 4.1.3

ill try and get the firmware soon

Thanks, waiting for it , I would like a screenshoot of the 'About' page.
2017-7-24
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 23:14

2017-7-25
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 23:14

Is the about screen shot enough or is the firmware located somewhere else?
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-7-27 18:35
Is the about screen shot enough or is the firmware located somewhere else?

It is enough , I've forwarded it to our engineers for further analysis, will get back to you once I heard from them.Besides, we are releasing a new version of the APP 4.1.4. I would recommend you update the APP.
2017-7-28
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552569 ft
Czechia

I have exactly same issue. When turning into any intelligent flight mode, the warning about confirming NFZ pops up and asks for confirmation. As I am new to this and have just very few flights, I thought it is part of the game.
2017-7-28
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-28 01:36
It is enough , I've forwarded it to our engineers for further analysis, wil get back to you once I heard from them.Besides, we are releasing a new version of the APP 4.1.4. I would recommend you update the APP.

Well, unfortunately I won't be able to test if the app update resolved this issue for quite some time. My only battery has started giving me a battery cell error. It's been charged only ten times and is less than 40 days old, all ready needing warranty work... not a good start so far for my DJI experience. Took over a week of emails to support before finally getting a UPS label to ship it in.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:41
Well, unfortunately I won't be able to test if the app update resolved this issue for quite some time. My only battery has started giving me a battery cell error. It's been charged only ten times and is less than 40 days old, all ready needing warranty work... not a good start so far for my DJI experience. Took over a week of emails to support before finally getting a UPS label to ship it in.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, we'll take care of it after it arrived, should you have any further questions about it, please provide me with your case number, I'll check it for you.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:41

Hi, did you get the battery back? Just got an update from our engineers about the warning issue, they need more data for further analysis, are you able to export the flight data,then upload them to the Dropbox? Thank you in advance. Mavic data.png
2017-8-6
Use props
fans26c63d22
lvl.1
United States

I also had the same message pop up the other day. Tried to use the follow me mode, as soon as I selected it it gave me a warning about using it near a NFZ and I was not near any NFZ. I hit the X on the warning and proceeded to go on with the follow me, ( I was in my boat) started to go and it was following me then during  the flight It abruptly stopped. I shut off the mode and flew it back to the boat. I did not try again because I did not want it to crash into the water. I was nowhere near any NFZ.
Is there any updates on this Issue.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans26c63d22
lvl.1
United States

Update on my last post, I decided to replay my flight in flight records, and think I found the reason for the sudden stop, during the replay I seen a message pop up that I lost Satellite during the flight. so that explains the sudden stop.  (not sure why that happened).
But I still did get the warning about flying in an intelligent flight mode in a NFZ or near a NFZ. I do not  remember the exact wording that was displayed.   
2017-8-7
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-6 23:00
Hi, did you get the battery back? Just got an update from our engineers about the warning issue, they need more data for further analysis, are you able to export the flight data,then upload them to the Dropbox? Thank you in advance. [view_image]

I have not got the battery back yet
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-8-8 09:50
I have not got the battery back yet

Do you have other batteries?  Otherwise, you may need to wait for the battery back, then export the data. Besides, what is your case number? I'd like to see if I can escalate it or not.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans26c63d22 Posted at 2017-8-7 05:24
Update on my last post, I decided to replay my flight in flight records, and think I found the reason for the sudden stop, during the replay I seen a message pop up that I lost Satellite during the flight. so that explains the sudden stop.  (not sure why that happened).
But I still did get the warning about flying in an intelligent flight mode in a NFZ or near a NFZ. I do not  remember the exact wording that was displayed.

Could you please double check this flight record on the APP? If it is possible, please provide some screenshots, especially a screenshot of the warning about the NFZ.
2017-8-9
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-9 01:14
Do you have other batteries?  Otherwise, you may need to wait for the battery back, then export the data. Besides, what is your case number? I'd like to see if I can escalate it or not.

I do not have other batteries.  

I am not aware of a case number but from the emails from support it lists "Your request(#644364) has been updated".  I just emailed support asking for an update and if there is a case number.
2017-8-9
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

Support replied, 5-7 business days before replacement...  CAS-834144-S1Q5G2
2017-8-9
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

In the latest versions of DJI GO 4,  you are automatically assumed to be in a NFZ unless you can prove otherwise , i.e. stable GPS coordinates for several seconds.  Try hovering at 20 or 30 feet for a while before proceeding.

Sometimes while flying you may lose GPS momentarily and get the NFZ warning.  If it's just a warning, you should be able to acknowledge the warning and keep flying.,
2017-8-9
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-8-9 11:40
In the latest versions of DJI GO 4,  you are automatically assumed to be in a NFZ unless you can prove otherwise , i.e. stable GPS coordinates for several seconds.  Try hovering at 20 or 30 feet for a while before proceeding.

Sometimes while flying you may lose GPS momentarily and get the NFZ warning.  If it's just a warning, you should be able to acknowledge the warning and keep flying.,

I do not think this is the case. Only a few people seem to be reporting this issue, if it was DJI support would of said this right off the bat, and I've have gotten this message still after 15 minutes into a flight. It's not just GPS location needed to be "proven". I do not get any NFZ warnings while flying, it's ONLY when I go to use an intelligent flight mode.
2017-8-10
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

Case is CAS-834144-S1Q5G2. If you could escalate / fast track this replacement, that would be great. I've been grounded now for over 2 weeks on a product that was less than 40 days old.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Everlast556 Posted at 2017-8-10 05:14
Case is CAS-834144-S1Q5G2. If you could escalate / fast track this replacement, that would be great. I've been grounded now for over 2 weeks on a product that was less than 40 days old.

Sorry for this, I understand how you feel, it has been received by the local repair center yesterday, it is under process now, I'll keep an eye on it.
2017-8-11
Use props
Martin Lines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

I am having a similar problem now I have updated to the brand new firmware.

Screenshot_20170823-200058[1].png
2017-8-23
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

Finally got battery back. Performed a test flight with go app update and no warning. However, I have not yet updated firmware. Will try to test that sometime this week. Fingers crossed.
2017-8-28
Use props
N33ko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181368 ft
United States

I get warning as well about 2 private (single owner, more personal than private) airports that do not operate.  Just curious where DJI is getting their info and if it is up to date?
2017-8-28
Use props
Everlast556
lvl.2
United States

So I got the warning again, this time at a different area but map still showed no restricted areas. Will need to update firmware and try again,
2017-9-13
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552569 ft
Sri Lanka

Can you try to compare your location with this map: airmap.com ... they have an app for phones.

I did notice that on the airmap it shows some kind of zone called "Controlled Airspace", but DJI map does not shows it as nfz.

I am suspecting, that this might be it. ... unfortunately, I am now very much far away from this location to investigate on it more.

2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules