1480 18 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Flying a p4.
Got unwanted the new update ( I always said ingnore) finally yesterday it was in alone. Now I am banned to fly in 50% of my city without reason.
Question.. how to roll back this stupid update?
Thanks for any help.
2017-7-14
Use props
MikeZH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2004472 ft
Switzerland

Connect it via cable to DJI assistant (a software you can download for free directly from DJI).
2017-7-14
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

You can't roll it back thanks to DJI.  Also get used to not being able to fly anywhere.....it's the new DJI....yay!
2017-7-15
Use props
Art - N4PJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I've been incredibly busy lately, even to the point where I haven't had time to fly my P3P. You guys are scaring me!
Sure hope I don't recharge the batteries and then discover I own a big paperweight!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-15
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

Is it update of the firmware or the update of the no-fly zones that caused this? I think you cannot roll-back no-fly zones update. Also newer updates of firmware cannot be rolled back.
2017-7-15
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

NFZ's are designated by the govt (and by the military in China?) so not DJI's fault.
2017-7-15
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"NFZ's are designated by the govt (and by the military in China?) so not DJI's fault."

I agree with the first statement but not the last!

Wrong DJI restrictions More regarding same bummer and before we know it ...
2017-7-15
Use props
niic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Where do you live?
2017-7-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

I life sins 2 years in Sanya. So far never problems. Far away from airports.  Updates are not by government.  Look at other airplanes of other company's. They don't have it at all.  I think I will change the product. Off course we have to be carefully where we fly or what we do, if not we must receive the penalty.  But been ruled after (!) Buying.. that's cheating. I thing dji goes a wrong way to treat the clients. Today they big-headet... But tomorrow? Look at BlackBerry, Nokia and all the ex-big ones....gone.
A roll back must be given. Dji u can't change a product so it is useless. Then give me my money back.
2017-7-15
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-7-15 06:45
NFZ's are designated by the govt (and by the military in China?) so not DJI's fault.

You have no clue what you are talking about or the problems people are having.
2017-7-15
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

Alxy Posted at 2017-7-15 06:11
Is it update of the firmware or the update of the no-fly zones that caused this? I think you cannot roll-back no-fly zones update. Also newer updates of firmware cannot be rolled back.

You cant roll back ANYTHING anymore.
2017-7-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-15 19:30

No? Seems he knows more than you do about it. DJI do not designate the NFZs at all, it is done by an independant company who place then in consultation with government agencies.
2017-7-15
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-15 19:30

The NFZ setup for DJI in China is very different from the rest of the world. From the recent hacking, the code for China is completely separate with a total different setup, with much more complexity, so I am guessing it is built with co-ordination with the Chinese authorities. Hence it is not wise to lump it in with the NFZ issues faced in the rest of the world.
2017-7-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-15 21:56
WRONG...Figured it wouldn't take long for one of the famous know it all DJI groupies to show up and defend the indefensible.  DJI may not make up the NFZ's but it has taken it upon itself to ENFORCE them in a totally screwed up way even if users or not in a NFZ.  But continue to bury your head up DJI's butt and ignore reality.  You have done a fine job of that so far.

Ah yes, the return of the nuckle-dragging neanderthal. Well, DJI are not the only manufacturer to use NFZ's, if you have the intelligence to look it up on the Internet you will find that a group of three manufacturers all agreed to implement the geo-fencing system. Sadly, one of those companies has now virtually gone bust while the other is heading in the same direction (both American companies BTW). But please re-insert you head in your own butt and continue.
2017-7-15
Use props
Alxy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84350 ft
Switzerland

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-15 19:31
You cant roll back ANYTHING anymore.

Really, I cannot put another version of firmware in Assistant?
2017-7-20
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

Alxy Posted at 2017-7-20 22:11
Really, I cannot put another version of firmware in Assistant?

Where are you getting this other version of firmware from since they have all been removed?
2017-7-21
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

China. But I'm not Chinese
2017-8-1
Use props
Fordzilla
Banned
Canada