Faulty camera?
577 1 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
g.cooper
New
United Kingdom

So I recently purchased my Mavic, and took it out today for a test flight. I had an issue with my previous drone (Phantom 3 standard) at first, where the left side of the footage was blurry.

I don't have this with the Mavic, however I feel like I am experiencing a new issue...

The pixels are very jittery in some areas of the image, and I'm unsure as to whether or not this is generally a fault with the Mavic's camera as I haven't heard anyone on youtube commenting on it.

Please see some test footage for some examples -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8h4vxHys48

Settings that may have made a difference is +1 sharpening, however I fail to see how this would impact the image in this way.

With the P3S I never experienced any issues like this, even in low light, so when UPGRADING to the Mavic, I am rather confused as to how the image quality has been so poor!
Would love to know if any other Mavic users have experienced this or if you think the camera is faulty, so I can send back for a replacement through Amazon ASAP if that is the case!

*repost*

Cheers
George

2017-7-15
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Not sure if this is the issue you are worried about, but I can see that the auto-focus is struggling a bit in the low light. I.e. Goes soft then sharp briefly. It is pretty dark, so this is expected from any camera. Turn it on to manual focus and focus to infinity to stop it 'focus hunting' in low light conditions. Your P3S doesn't have this issue as it is fixed focus, I.e. No auto focus capability.
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules