Terrible video transmission
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EduBaeta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543885 ft
Brazil

Hi!

I bought a P4A this week after sold my P4. My old P4 was flying perfectly, i got 5 km with great signal and video transmission. I did this a lot of times.

Now, I'm flying with P4A in the same route that I have flew with P4 and the video transmission is terrible. I'm 2 km distance, the signal HD starts unstable. I did a flight now and I got 4 km, HD signal has been lost. But signal of radio is full all the time.

Does anybody have any suggestion?

It intrigued me because I'm using the same flight route.

Thanks for help.

2017-7-15
Use props
VetteVert
New
Flight distance : 74846 ft
United States

I am jealous of your 4km. I start losing video signal around 1000 ft. Signal shows strong in the app, but the video feed cuts out and goes black.
2017-7-19
Use props
EduBaeta
lvl.2
Brazil

VetteVert Posted at 2017-7-19 08:11
I am jealous of your 4km. I start losing video signal around 1000 ft. Signal shows strong in the app, but the video feed cuts out and goes black.

Do you have Phantom 4 advanced?
2017-7-20
Use props
VetteVert
New
United States

EduBaeta Posted at 2017-7-20 10:34
Do you have Phantom 4 advanced?

I do.  P4A with ipad mini 4.  Tried Galaxy S8+, which has more processing power, but the DJI GO app on Android crashes every few minutes.

*Note, I just got my P4A a week ago...complete n00b*

Since posting above, I tried a few things per suggestions I've read here:

1) Confirmed channel I was using wasn't red (none were).
2) Put ipad mini 4 in airplane mode.  This is a wifi only device, but turned if off anyway to check.
3) Disabled caching.  Supposedly this cuts down on processing necessary by the device...ipad mini 4 is getting a little long in the tooth.

Results: Much better so far.  I've been hesitant to just go bananas on distance, but I've been 3000 ft. out with no signal loss.  I should have tried one at a time to determine which one helped, but I'm ok with these requirements.
2017-7-20
Use props
EduBaeta
lvl.2
Brazil

VetteVert Posted at 2017-7-20 15:04
I do.  P4A with ipad mini 4.  Tried Galaxy S8+, which has more processing power, but the DJI GO app on Android crashes every few minutes.

*Note, I just got my P4A a week ago...complete n00b*

I'm using Ipad Mini 4 too. I'm having issue with video lagging but I think that can be the Ipad.

Yesterday I linked the controller with aircraft like DJI suggested me. I'm gonna test tomorrow.

What channel are you using?

Thanks a lot
2017-7-21
Use props
VetteVert
New
United States

I'm using channel 16 usually, but they all show clear when I look...(no bars at all...red, green, or otherwise).

What was DJI's suggestion?
2017-7-21
Use props
ninjapimp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198222 ft
United States

similar problem. i get to about 1200 feet max and than i disconnect. the P4A is dissapointing in distance, compared to the p4 I used to be able to get way further and better video, a clear winner. on avg I notice after about 800 feet the video breaks up and sometimes disconnects, my max distance was 1600 feet and ti kept disconnecting, doing the RTH thing
2017-7-21
Use props
EduBaeta
lvl.2
Brazil

VetteVert Posted at 2017-7-21 04:21
I'm using channel 16 usually, but they all show clear when I look...(no bars at all...red, green, or otherwise).

What was DJI's suggestion?

See below:

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your DJI Product. Regarding with your concern, please make sure that the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller is up to date. If it is not updated please update it using DJI Assistant 2. Please refer to this link for the firmware updating process using DJI Assistant 2 You can also try to re-link the aircraft to the remote controller.
2017-7-21
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

VetteVert Posted at 2017-7-19 08:11

I'm Jealous of your 1000ft... mine is more like 10'
2017-7-21
Use props
VetteVert
New
United States

What model tablet is that?  Mine looked like that until I turned off wifi and disabled caching.  I believe it was the caching that was causing the problem...my ipad mini 4 couldn't keep up.
2017-7-22
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

satilites move around so it happens
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules