Discover Edmonton in 3: Sights/Attractions (ALL drone footage)
697 9 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Here's the definitive version!

Hi all! Here’s a fairly quick Edmonton sights/attractions travel-type video in 4K, shot purely by drone. It seems that not all clip transitions got exported and some are broken. So, the version above is now fixed.

This little solo project of mine has been a LOT of work and more challenging than my 71 cinematic drone moves tutorial! Everything in the project was very time-consuming. Drone videography is also just a hobby I picked up these past few months and being pretty amateur added to the time.

Edmonton is Canada’s Festival City, but I can’t fly my drone near crowds to capture the hundred or so festivals each year. I couldn’t wait for the big ones that are coming soon, plus I work a lot of weekends when these events are usually held. I look silly enough holding my drone out and shooting on the ground haha. There are also tons more things to do and see in the city, especially the bike trails, food, and winter activities.

I only got Premiere Pro end of March this year, so any feedback and advice would be awesome! Thanks for your time!
2017-7-15
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Raincast:

Good vibrant colors. Good clip captures. 4k allows for so much more detail.

You've learned Premiers Pro rather well for such a brief period.

However, I'd say, TOO FRANTIC: most of the highly detailed clips (4k, remember) didn't remain on screen long enough to absorb or enjoy them.

Usually, a small section of a music video includes these frantic cuts spots, but your entire film used them. I couldn't get any sense of place, because it was too soon gone. Let the viewers eyes settle on something.

Also, with Premiere Pro (or any editing software), pick a few transitions and stick with them. Don't use all the transitions, just because they are available. Let the film inform your transition choice.

Less is more.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-7-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was like a home coming. Chuckles

There are actually several of us Edmontonians on here. ;-)

If you wish to join some of us, to fly your drone with, and meet some new RC acquaintances, PM me for my credentials and home phone digits. ;-)

Visit www.maac.ca for membership and then join us locally at www.ercha.ca

Anyway, enjoy our marvelous Capital city...

RedHotPoker
2017-7-15
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-7-15 14:03
Raincast:

I agree! I felt that because I had over 160 clips to work with, I was rushing trying to cram them into 3 minutes so bad. I tried to look for a chill vibe song with slower tempo but this was the only free one in Youtube Audio Library that I found okay-ish.

Regarding the transitions, I've looked at some videos where people complain of the same old zoom in and out ones. However, I had to plug them in to give some sense of the location from afar then to the ground shot/view. You're right though, as some of my transitions are like from a hip-hop music video's haha, and they're not really consistent. Some don't really fit the video.

Thanks for the feedback!
2017-7-17
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-7-15 14:16
That was like a home coming. Chuckles

There are actually several of us Edmontonians on here. ;-)

Nice! I've been stupidly busy recently but I'll try to find some time when I'm out of this current pace. Good to know there's drone groups here too!
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Raincast Posted at 2017-7-17 09:07
Nice! I've been stupidly busy recently but I'll try to find some time when I'm out of this current pace. Good to know there's drone groups here too!

Hey, cool, life happens.

By the way, ERCHA is an RC helicopter group, but many of us fly drones, a few even have fixed wings...

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-7-17 13:07
Hey, cool, life happens.

By the way, ERCHA is an RC helicopter group, but many of us fly drones, a few even have fixed wings...

Yeah, I noticed it. I searched Edmonton Drone before and only a few groups popped up.
2017-7-17
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Re-uploaded is the fix for the transitions, so it's sorta the Definitive version, I guess?!!

2017-7-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-7-15 14:03
Raincast:

Aloha Augustus,

Well expressed but a nice video none-the-less.  Your words to describe the 4K viewer's Point-of-View were spot on in my opinion.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-17 16:15
Aloha Augustus,

Well expressed but a nice video none-the-less.  Your words to describe the 4K viewer's Point-of-View were spot on in my opinion.

Oh yes, true that.

And you get to see some of the nicer parts of the capital city we call home. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules