Clipped a tree and took a dive.
1417 10 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DOM_SWOOZ
lvl.1
United States

Early today, I took the DJI with me while my GF sold her Z28. I was just flying around getting footage of her taking her last drive in the car and some footage just for her to have. While flying I went to get some height to follow her in the car on the road and basically flew into a tree. To be honest a better pilot might have saved the drone from its eminent death.

So anywho, after the recovery of the drone I noticed I had broken one of the vibration absorbing board arms, which I've noted from videos and other posts is an easier fix than most issue with the DJI. Along with the broken board I also saw that the wires for what I believe to be the video feed disconnected. After watching few videos and reading that these can be reinserted with not much of a problem. However i noticed that the devices video feed will appear then disappear after a few. ( I feel this is because its hanging and not connected to the vibration board) more over the my main concern: I notced while holding the gimbal and camera to replace the wires it was very hot after a couple minutes. I never really touched the gimbal or camera much because I handle the drone by its body as I'd assume most people do.

Again just some concerns as I am a new owner of DJI products and would like to see my drones life span lengthened a bit more. Its a pretty mind blowing and very fun product.

I will upload some pictures tomrrow just wanted to get the post up so i could get some insight asap.

2017-7-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read that.

I hope that you can get it fixed or replaced soon.

Best wishes!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
Zsolti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

Gimbal and camera getting hot is normal, especially if you keep the drone turned on and idle for a few minutes
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Zsolti Posted at 2017-7-16 00:25
Gimbal and camera getting hot is normal, especially if you keep the drone turned on and idle for a few minutes

Yes, if I am using the onboard flight SIM, or just messing around with the Go app while the drone is turned on, but sitting idle, I place my drone onto an upturned running fan, to help cool it down internally.

You could also set it infront of your air conditioner, if that is an option. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
DOM_SWOOZ
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone for all your responses, the drones up in the air again, put new propellers on, also took some pointers and removed my gimbal and camera  and practicing line of sight flight. I taped my wifi and antenna. I actually ended up ordering another phantom for my GF hahaha we can crash together....

Cheers

Damage 1
Damage 2
2017-7-16
Use props
Zsolti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

DOM_SWOOZ Posted at 2017-7-16 22:13
Thanks everyone for all your responses, the drones up in the air again, put new propellers on, also took some pointers and removed my gimbal and camera  and practicing line of sight flight. I taped my wifi and antenna. I actually ended up ordering another phantom for my GF hahaha we can crash together....

Cheers

You can easily replace the Gimbal Damping Board from ebay and you'll be good to fly and film again

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gimbal ... RC460-/162301629186
2017-7-17
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Exact same thing happened to me, I just made sure the video transmitting cables in the gimbal were fully connected to the connectors on the wires and the board. The wire connector is just crimped down on the wire so if you keep having intermittent video feed Id check those.
2017-7-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would also check the cable for nicks. Doesn't take much for those to missfunction.
2017-7-20
Use props
DOM_SWOOZ
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for all the comments of advice. Received my absorbing board today. Installed it. Been flying around with out the camera since my crash gotta a lot better, so I figured I'd install the camera back and take my time wii some filming.

Those wires are so fragile for the wifi connection, however I fixed them and the connection is just as it was when I purchased. Can't wait to fly.
2017-7-21
Use props
DOM_SWOOZ
lvl.1
United States

perfect
IMG_1625.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG
2017-7-21
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DOM_SWOOZ Posted at 2017-7-21 11:19
Thanks for all the comments of advice. Received my absorbing board today. Installed it. Been flying around with out the camera since my crash gotta a lot better, so I figured I'd install the camera back and take my time wii some filming.

Those wires are so fragile for the wifi connection, however I fixed them and the connection is just as it was when I purchased. Can't wait to fly.

You could start your own business repairing DJI products!  Good job on the fix!
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules