NAZA Fail Safe Function
4415 26 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tamchidang
New

United States

Hi,Thinking about switching over to Naza mode, I undersant we can use the S1 switch in the lower postion to active the Return Home Function.  In the event of transmistter loss  or low battery, does the return home fuction automaticly starts similar to the Vision mode?

Thanks

2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

nom de guerre Posted at 2015-3-21 17:32
Yes you can activate failsafe in both Phantom and Naza modes with Sw 1 but you have to check this in ...

Sorry to correct you Guy, but S1's only functions in Phantom Working Mode are:

1. To enter compass calibration mode by toggling it full range 6 or more times.

2.  Regain manual control of the Phantom when it has entered Failsafe Mode by toggling from top position to any other position and back.

3.  Regain manual control after loss of transmitter signal and subsequent Failsafe Return to Home by placing S1 in middle or bottom position.  Manual control will resume upon re-established control signal.

You cannot initiate Failsafe Mode or Return to Home with switches when in Phantom Working Mode.   Turning the transmitter off is the only manual method to accomplish that function in Phantom Working Mode.
2015-3-21
Use props
phillbarnes9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Sorry Jamie but I think you are wrong cos sw1 bottom is RTH mode if you set it in settings
2015-3-21
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

phillbarnes9@gm Posted at 2015-3-21 21:37
Sorry Jamie but I think you are wrong cos sw1 bottom is RTH mode if you set it in settings

You have to be in NAZA mode to set that switch.
2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Guy, this is pulled from the 11/30/2014 P2V+ manual, and is the same as what is in the current edition.  I can't speak for what was in earlier editions.
S1 and S2 default Phantom Mode functions.jpg
Failsafe control return.jpg
2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

phillbarnes9@gm Posted at 2015-3-21 21:37

We are talking about Phantom Working Mode, not NAZA-M Working Mode.

What does "cos" stand for?
2015-3-21
Use props
tamchidang
New

United States

Sounds like we have agreements as to what the S1 and S2 switch does in NAZA. Can I just confirm again that in NAZA-M mode, Return To Home works the same as Phantom Mode due to Low Battery and Loss of Transmitter.  Guy, thanks for letting me know that this is the case but also wanted to hear from others if they feel this is the same as well.

Thank you again.
2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

tamchidang@gmai Posted at 2015-3-21 23:09
Sounds like we have agreements as to what the S1 and S2 switch does in NAZA. Can I just confirm agai ...

That is correct, return to home/failsafe function the same in Phantom or NAZA-M working modes.  Just some differences in how you can get there manually.
2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Jamie Posted at 2015-3-21 21:43

pretty sure cos is slang for "because" and not for cosine cos i would be on a tangent if it didn't
2015-3-21
Use props
phillbarnes9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Jamie Posted at 2015-3-21 21:43

Sorry cos stands for BECAUSE and that does only apply to NAZA mode
2015-3-21
Use props
phillbarnes9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-22 00:15
pretty sure cos is slang for "because" and not for cosine cos i would be on a tangent if it didn't ...

Oh please no arguing folks.
2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

phillbarnes9@gm Posted at 2015-3-22 00:30
Oh please no arguing folks.

Phil, all in good fun my friend and why do we fly these things?
It's cos we can
2015-3-21
Use props
tamchidang
New

United States

Thanks all!
2015-3-21
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manual can be a bit confusing because in Phantom mode they mention two types of flight...

GPS
Non-GPS (yellow)

Non-GPS I assume is somewhat similar to ATTI except the GPS takes over automatically if position is found.

I did switch to NAZA and set the S1 lower to RTH....it works much better (IMHO) than turning off the TX, etc. because you can watch the bird and easily switch it back once its closer to you. It just feels better keeping the TX powered on as opposed to shutting it off and praying.

2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-3-22 09:24
Manual can be a bit confusing because in Phantom mode they mention two types of flight...

GPS

Weather you know it or not and frankly i had and still have a bit of a hard time comprehending it....There are different "Working Modes" which are (Phantom Mode and NAZA-M Mode) and different "Flight Modes" within each of those working modes...It certainly can be confusing...

The manual starts talking about the flight modes on pg. 18 & 19 and it assumes you know it is referring to the working mode "hantom mode" because you are not yet in the NAZA-M section of the manual...sort of....weather it specifies it or not!!!

In Phantom Working Mode - The Flight modes are as follows:
1) Ready to Fly mode - GPS - Phantom will hover and keep its position when all sticks are released
2) Ready to Fly mode - non GPS - Phantom will lock its alttitude but will not have horizontal positioning.

Then on pg. 32 it refers that there are different "Working Modes" and "Flight Modes" within those working modes ...and this is where it makes it confusingly clear!!!!

Working Mode 1 - Phantom mode -
Includes Flight Modes:
Ready to Fly
Ready to Fly (non-GPS)

Working Mode 2 - NAZA-M mode
Includes Flight Modes:
GPS
ATTI
Manual

Hope that clears it all up...
2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

GMacD Posted at 2015-3-22 09:39
Quote..
You cannot initiate Failsafe Mode or Return to Home with switches when in Phantom Working M ...

Perhaps Phantom 2 Assistant is different.  Maybe a screenshot of Assistant with that option shown available in Phantom mode would clear that up.

Phantom 2 Vision Assistant makes the switch setting options available only when NAZA-M working mode is enabled.

Good day to you, Guy... good night for me.

2015-3-21
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Tweety Posted at 2015-3-22 12:50
Phantom and Naza Mode Sw1 Settings. Although not shown Phantom Mode does not allow for Manual etc.

Thanks Guy.  I'll remember that.

Jamie
2015-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Guys,
Just for clarification,
Phantom working/Flight mode on the Phantom 2 Vision and the Phantom 2 Vision+ are different than on the Phantom 2.
Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ in Phantom Working mode does not provide for the Failsafe function with S1 in Phantom working mode even as of v1.8 of the manual whereas the Phantom 2 which as supported by latest manual v1.4 does state this feature but is relevant only to the Phantom 2.
Maybe I chimed in late but I am thinking that with the three versions of Phantom 2's there may have been som confusion,

2015-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Tweety P2V2H33D Posted at 2015-3-23 11:10
Wow thanks for that.

I wonder why DJI have not provided for Fail Safe via SW1 in the Phantom/Work ...

After reading the discussion and back and forth and then as soon as I saw the PICTS that yourself and Jamie provided I thought to myself, "self there is something more to this", so I downloaded all three manuals and scoured them and that was the end result...
So, in a nut shell, you were both right relative to the RC's you were referring to though the assumptions can be a killer!

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D2&lang=en
2015-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Tweety P2V2H33D Posted at 2015-3-23 11:37
I like to think there is a logical reason but at this point in time it defies logic.

Do you have  ...

I have a P2V+ though you should have no worries as you can configure yours with Failsafe in Phantom mode...no problemo!

Other option is to enable NAZA-M and have a wee bit more fun and you can configure same switch position for Failsafe, and have ATTI, IOC and all that other good stuff...
2015-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Tweety P2V2H33D Posted at 2015-3-23 11:51
Forget you and me. What about the newbie with a Vision, what does he / she do for Fail Safe other  ...

Do what we do hopefully, learn and hopefully not the hard way, they have a manual and a search function and and since i think we covered it all they will have all they need. But they have to RTFM!!
2015-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Tweety P2V2H33D Posted at 2015-3-23 12:07
You don't have to answer this but what I am asking is.....

Why have the Fail Safe Sw1 provision on ...

i really don't know or cannot think for the moment why they would not otherwise be the same, who knows, i would check the RC software tonight just for giggles but going to be getting some shut eye here shortly.....
2015-3-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Tweety P2V2H33D Posted at 2015-3-23 12:17
Sweet Dreams.

2pm here so a few more hours to go.

Did they have NAZA mode on the Phantom 2 (non vision)?
2015-3-22
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'm not sure of the upshot of all this discussion but I can 100% confirm that my P2V+ V3.0 with 3.12 formware, when in Phantom mode, has 3 positions on S1 which are: GPS mode, non-GPS mode (Atti) and RTH

As far as I know, RTH and failsafe are the same thing in this mode.
2015-3-23
Use props
phillbarnes9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Wow! I'm more confused than ever now
2015-3-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Tweety P2V2H33D Posted at 2015-3-23 21:12
Let's hope DJI get back to me with an answer soon.

It amazes me that only one person that has a Ph ...

I tell Gertrude and Heathcliff if they don't come back to me on time and wear their batteries out, they're going to have to walk home and not get a ride.   
2015-3-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

For any Vision owners still flying in Phantom mode this has always been the case, the manual explains that RTH is activated by turning off the transmitter, turning it on again to regain control.
2015-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules