Stress Cracks
729 7 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Well after reporting good flights after the firm ware update on my P3S, I decided to inspect it after the repair of some small stress cracks and install of the guards, to my surprise a larger stress crack was discovered, on pic below. I DID NOT crash nor fly aggressive, I have repaired it but it is my opinion the shell of the P3S is inferior, I'm not an engineer but I would love to hear from one on the ability of the shell in its current configuration to handle the normal engine flight operation. In my view to many issues with stress cracks or maybe I'm just venting lol
DSC_1883.JPG
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about your drone's shell crack. You can send your drone back for repair. If it is under warranty and without manual faulty, we will take care of it with no charge according to our after sales policy.
2017-7-16
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Thor, Do you guarantee it won't happen again with the new shell and the return of my original P3S  ?
2017-7-17
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-7-17 07:59
Thor, Do you guarantee it won't happen again with the new shell and the return of my original P3S  ?

I bought a new shell for mine, after I sent it back for repairs, didn't get the same drone back, but I have to say, having a spare shell has kept it from cracking again.  LOL
2017-7-17
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks WD9EON, my Drone works great don't want to risk getting a refurbished lemon back (from what I have seen evidence of on this dji site). If they can't guarantee the same returned I guess I'll have no choice but to get a shell and fix myself... Great Customer Service eh, but by who's standards certainly not Canadian. Looking at a new drone, won't be dji, only had this one for 6 months and it's a pitty I have to be scared to return it.
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-7-17 13:37
Thanks WD9EON, my Drone works great don't want to risk getting a refurbished lemon back (from what I have seen evidence of on this dji site). If they can't guarantee the same returned I guess I'll have no choice but to get a shell and fix myself... Great Customer Service eh, but by who's standards certainly not Canadian. Looking at a new drone, won't be dji, only had this one for 6 months and it's a pitty I have to be scared to return it.

Buy a new shell and replace the innards... Done.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Yup RHP, gonna do that during the wet cold west coast winter months!
2017-7-17
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Fixed again!
DSC_1888.JPG
DSC_1887.JPG
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced