884 2 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edward.allison
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462175 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I have been going through the process of setting up a Company, going through the UK certifiaction for commercial work approvals, buying platforms in readiness and living off a rapidly-dwindling redundancy payment. So if the question below has been answered or is documented elsewhere, please understand I have searched with the limited time available to me and be gentle.

I have 2 x P2VP V3 and a Phantom 2 Vision. this very second all are still on 3.08 Firmware because of the cock-up with 3.10. I will be movning to 3.12 soon.

All Aircraft exhibit the same behaviour.

When they are at very low level (less than 10 feet altitude) and fairly close to the Home Point (20meters or so laterally) they do not RTH when the battery gets low. They simply hover until the battery exhausts itself and they perform an auto-land where they are.

When at height they all perform RTH normally.

Is this normal?

Best,
Eddie

2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

It is normal if you have the Phantom Vision set up that way.
You can go into the Phantom Vision Assistant software and pick either land or go home on an RTH and land based on a return to home height you set. Also ther is a battery low Reeturn to home you can select..check back in a second and I will post some screens that you can use as a guide.

Check out this tread and see the screen shots i have set up that will address your questions, these are all set up in the Phantom Vision assistant and then a couple are for the RC Assistant

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ease%2Bpost&lang=en

Check slides 3 and 5 specifically for your question...
2015-3-21
Use props
edward.allison
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462175 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I should have said in my original post that the RTH options are ticked in the PT2 software - and set in the DJI App for iOS. It responds perfectly to an RTH situation when at altitude but when only a few feet off the ground it does as I describe. I will try to get out this week and run a series of further tests and try to video the results.
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules