compass error no right stick control took off on me
663 3 2017-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4754d162
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1030 ft
United States

on the 18th of july i was flying and doing a little site seeing looking at the storms and taking a few snaps. then i sent it out and started to do a circle coming back trying to keep camera pointing in the middle. kinda like a POI shot. near the end of the 360 it took off and i got a compass warning and it said gps weak. i had take off recorded because i believe in RTH feature. well like most I got extremely nervous knowing that i had no control but height. I tried to bring it down as fast as i could but looking where it was it would have landed in a busy road. so some experience i had told me to go high and avoid the road. looking at the DAT there is a gap where it tells me ther distance to home. then suddenly i got all the controls back and havent flown since. this is not like a rc car and i can just order a part and fix and it cost more to fix because you are at the mercy of techs telling you whats wrong and how much. kinda like a car mechanic. so i have the DAT and stuff just not to sure where to go from here. hoping someone from dji will chime in and help. or anyone for that matter
2017-7-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

got to phantomhelp.com and download the files and post the link back here. You might have flown near cell towers and or high powered line. you might have taked off from concrete slab and messed up the compass. Storms might affect GPS and compass if it had enough energy.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans4754d162
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1030 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-7-20 15:24
got to phantomhelp.com and download the files and post the link back here. You might have flown near cell towers and or high powered line. you might have taked off from concrete slab and messed up the compass. Storms might affect GPS and compass if it had enough energy.

hope this works https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ed8ey89G2HSjlSYWJDMlFXaFk
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to hear that, I would recommend you sync your flight record, then send an email with the details below to support.us@dji.com, we'll create a case for you and submit a data analysis.
1. The flight log;
2. Your DJI Account email;
3. The date this occurred;
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules