Grounded during update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2ed7055a
New
Flight distance : 143346 ft

United States

This has me COMPLETELY baffled. Ive been keeping up to date on ALL updates with my P3 Advanced. Today I was prompted for a controller and aircraft updates. During the controller update I received a download finished indicator and it shows download version 1.7.80 (isnt most current 1.11.x) When I try to 'start upgrade' I receive 'Upgrade Failed' message and it shows current version 1.7.80 download version 1.7.80
Now to make things even MORE fun, when I click 'about' my remote controller version is 1.2.0.12
I now have a solid blue light on my controller and it appears to be a pretty useless brick. Any suggestions? Controller is model GL300C and none of the 'hard reset' combinations seem to 'unlock' my blue light of death?
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Can you power off controller? Please refer to the steps below to restore the controller, if it is still same, please provide some screenshots or a short video about this issue for better assistance.
1. Power it off;
2. Press and hold the C1button, C2 button, Recording button, Camera Settings Dial at the same time,
3. Power on the controller when you are holding the buttons.
4. Then try to upgrade it again.
2017-7-21
Use props
fans2ed7055a
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-21 02:43
Can you power off controller? Please refer to the steps below to restore the controller, if it is still same, please provide some screenshots or a short video about this issue for better assistance.
1. Power it off;
2. Press and hold the C1button, C2 button, Recording button, Camera Settings Dial at the same time,

It does seem as perhaps the 'reset' worked as I can now power on my controller which I was unable to do before. Now I have a solid blue light and third light from left to right is flashing. Doesnt matter if I turn the controller on or plug in to the charger, it remains the same. Aside from powering on and off, it seems like the remote is a brick. I never get a red nor a green light on the remote controller at all. Only audio indicators are at power on and power off.
I feel like we've made SOME progress. What next?
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans2ed7055a Posted at 2017-7-30 08:58
It does seem as perhaps the 'reset' worked as I can now power on my controller which I was unable to do before. Now I have a solid blue light and third light from left to right is flashing. Doesnt matter if I turn the controller on or plug in to the charger, it remains the same. Aside from powering on and off, it seems like the remote is a brick. I never get a red nor a green light on the remote controller at all. Only audio indicators are at power on and power off.
I feel like we've made SOME progress. What next?

Can you connect it to the APP? Are you able to re-upgrade it?
2017-7-31
Use props
fans2ed7055a
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 03:34
Can you connect it to the APP? Are you able to re-upgrade it?

It allows me to 'download' but when 'upgrading' it fails stating that current version and download version are the same

2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans2ed7055a Posted at 2017-8-3 16:32
It allows me to 'download' but when 'upgrading' it fails stating that current version and download version are the same

Try to reset it for several times, if it is same, please also try the steps below.
1. Power on the RC.
2. Press and hold the C1 button, C2 button, and the Shutter Button at the same time.
3. Power off the RC, then power on the RC when you are holding the buttons.
Besides, can you check the current RC firmware on the APP? Please provide me some screenshots or a video about this issue.
2017-8-4
Use props
Simon DJI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi - I have the very same issue. 've not used my drone for nearly a year & just clicked on the upgrade option. Screenshot below.
I flew the drone briefly without a screen prior to the upgrade. Now I can power cycle the controller okay, and it can see the phone (pixel) but can no longer connect to the drone & cannot upgrade - 'Retry' button  instantly says failed.
Any help on getting me out of this situation much appreciated.
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules