P4 latest update
996 8 2017-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb295175
New

United States

I have been trying to do this for 2 days.  I have a s7 edge phone.  Very frustrating.  Missed 2 gorgeous days of flying.  

The app seems to update the remote, but the drone won't update.  Ihave it plugged in.  Says something about ios for androids?  I wish they would
make this easier.  I've done plenty of updates and DJI seems to be the hardest.
I guess I need help updating the drone please.  Thanks

2017-7-21
Use props
Hymster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1012100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find it easier to use the dji assistant 2. Just plug it into ur computer and run the program.
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You can try to upgrade it via DJI Assistant 2, here is a video for your reference.
2017-7-22
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

"Says something about ios for androids? " -what exactly?
2017-7-22
Use props
fansdb295175
New

United States

Hymster Posted at 2017-7-21 15:26
I find it easier to use the dji assistant 2. Just plug it into ur computer and run the program.

I'm happy for you, but I have a Samsung s7 edge.  Worked great before the "upgrade."
2017-7-22
Use props
fansdb295175
New

United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-22 01:39
"Says something about ios for androids? " -what exactly?

I'll try to get it again today and I'll post the msg. I got.    It (the message) goes away almost instantly.  BTW, I don't have a pc, I have a macbook pro.  Will the assistant work on a macbook?  The video posted above shows and states that it works on a pc.
2017-7-22
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

fansdb295175 Posted at 2017-7-22 03:53
I'll try to get it again today and I'll post the msg. I got.    It (the message) goes away almost instantly.  BTW, I don't have a pc, I have a macbook pro.  Will the assistant work on a macbook?  The video posted above shows and states that it works on a pc.

The version for Mac iOS should work -unless the iOS in your MBP is *really* old . In Yosemite it works.
2017-7-22
Use props
fansdb295175
New

United States

I downloaded assistant, tried it out, and it did nothing different.  My remote is updated.  I CAN'T get the drone itself to update.  On my phone it now reads word for word.....aircraft need update.  Download from DJI 4 homepage.  There is no such page.
Also, it has said for the last 3 days "aircraft disconnected."  However, I can move the camera.  Thanks DJI.  You've made a very user friendly upgrade for everyone but me.  I am beyond upset.  I feel like boxing this thing up and sending it back.  Refund me or not, it's not worth the aggravation.   
How am I supposed to update the drone?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Frustrated and mad.
2017-7-22
Use props
fansdb295175
New

United States

I looked into the assistant one more time.  I plugged the drone into the macbook. It recognized the p4, however, it said firmware and software current.  There was (as I recall) some update tab or something that I clicked on and it  started downloading.  The drone beeped as it was resetting itself.  I just flew it and it seems fine.  
I'm not some old man or little kid.  I've been using computers for many years, and all I can say is this needs some work on behalf of DJI.  Way too clunky, way too hard and way too frustrating.  
Thanks for trying to help folks!  Have a good day.
2017-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules