773 6 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7c0ac9f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138146 ft
New Zealand

Hi,

I have a simple question but ill give some Insight first.

Firstly i bought a mavic brand new flymore combo, out of the box worked great my Iphone 7 and ipad air two could connect threw the remote, this was fine did ll the updates then flew it about 3 times with no issues at all (rc would start charing phone then stop a second later app would connect no issues), charged up the batteries to fly it the next day plugged in my iphone noticed it would start charging and stay charging , and now it would not find the drone in dji go 4 same thing in my ipad. I have about 6 cables lightning tried them all with the side port unplugged same thing rc charges phone wont connect in app. I rolled back firmware updated firmware and even tried refreshing firmware. no luck same thing.
I bought it in new zealand, from a retail store that stocks dji products (noelleming), I showed the guy in the shop what the rc was doing i dont think he belived me and we even tryied on one of his workers iphones did the same thing starts charging it and keeps charing it, I was fed up at this point still am its 3/4 days old and giving issues i think they should replace it or refund it and ill get one from somewhere els. they took back the drone 3 or 4 days later had it sitting in the shop for 3 days then sent it up to there tech guys in auckland he rang me said it works fine! android and ios. im not an android user so dont really care if it works or not with android. he had no idea weather it should stay connect to charge iphone or not ive not heard back yet.  just a quick note it would connect on the very odd occasion but only if the phone started charging then stopped when it connect it would drop out like 2/5 min later and phone would start charing.

So my question is with the mavic controller when an iphone 7, ipad air 2 and what looked like an iphone 6 is plugged in to the rc should the battery on the iphone turn green as if its charing and stay green or should it turn green then go back to black as if it is not charging.

thanks for your help guys this has been a very frustraiting experience for my first dji product
2017-7-23
Use props
garrick
lvl.1
New Zealand

I forgot to add, remote would always connect with mavic and would fly, and it would work with wifi the app would connect.
2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

What is your APP and FW version? I use IPHON6S+, it will show the GREEN charging icon for a SPLIT SECOND and then the ICON turn black. I am still using .700FW. Hope this help!
2017-7-23
Use props
garrick
lvl.1
New Zealand

dronist Posted at 2017-7-23 08:19
What is your APP and FW version? I use IPHON6S+, it will show the GREEN charging icon for a SPLIT SECOND and then the ICON turn black. I am still using .700FW. Hope this help!

Thanks, as I don't actually have the mavic or rc "it's still being looked at" from memory the few was .900 rolled back to .800 still no luck so went back to 900. App is go4.

I'm certain it should not remain charging as it was not when I first got the mavic. And it was not when I was able to fly it with what was latest firmware a week ago.
2017-7-23
Use props
garrick
lvl.1
New Zealand

dronist Posted at 2017-7-23 08:19

Thanks, as I don't actually have the mavic or rc "it's still being looked at" from memory the few was .900 rolled back to .800 still no luck so went back to 900. App is go4.

I'm certain it should not remain charging as it was not when I first got the mavic. And it was not when I was able to fly it with what was latest firmware a week ago.
2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

garrick Posted at 2017-7-23 10:19

I asked about the version because the same issue surfaced with the .600. I am with you on that it SHOULD NOT charge when it is connected. Good luck!
2017-7-23
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Don't think mine charges on the Controller. Using iPhone 7+'and iPad Pro 10.5'as well as iPad Air 2 with latest DJI Go 4 and 900.
Might be a Controller fault.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules