A tribute to my first Mavic
506 4 2017-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans73ce4c19
New

Germany

Hi everyone,

I wanted to do a mini movie in Thailand with the  Mavic, and I got some  good shots with it. Sadly, I had some issues with  it, it returned home  with a very low battery and when I came back, I  could not see the  Mavic. I pushed it fwd (I had no longer video on my  phone, so I was  blind) to try to locate it, and it was a few meters away  from home, and  the front sensors did not worked, so it soft crashed.

Here  the lasts shots of my Mavic. The video might be a bit long  (5mins),  just because I wanted to use the last best shots I did with  it, and to  follow the mood of the music (if you listen to the music,  you will see  the images matching with the music).

Hope you enjoy the video as  much as I enjoyed taking this footage. If  you want just the drama, go to  min 1:50 and/or  3:13. If you want to  enjoy the footage, just watch it  all, and if you like the video, please  leave it a thumbs up.

thanks!

2017-7-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

First mistake when you are doing Track don't set RTH to home point instead let it hover. Second, you have few second to cancel RTH by clicking C1. Third always land when your battery is getting low don't take unneccessary chances. Good luck next time!

In regards ot the gimball, hold it gently between two fingers rotate it gently to each end but don't force it. You might need to do it few times but do it gently. Let us know!
2017-7-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure all the rubber bands are loose under and behind the gimball then recalibrate it.  looks like a simple fix and keep re-calibrating it.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans73ce4c19
New

Germany

dronist Posted at 2017-7-23 09:34
First mistake when you are doing Track don't set RTH to home point instead let it hover. Second, you have few second to cancel RTH by clicking C1. Third always land when your battery is getting low don't take unneccessary chances. Good luck next time!

In regards ot the gimball, hold it gently between two fingers rotate it gently to each end but don't force it. You might need to do it few times but do it gently. Let us know!

Thank you! I will try that.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans73ce4c19
New

Germany

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-23 09:59
Make sure all the rubber bands are loose under and behind the gimball then recalibrate it.  looks like a simple fix and keep re-calibrating it.

I will check on that, although it seems like a mechanical issue, not sure.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules