Image quality settings for JPEG
2344 7 2017-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Is there a way to set comression/quality for the JPEG files stored on SD card? Something like Low/Normal/Fine/Extra fine or %% values?

I've been looking at the produced JPEGs at 100% and they show a very high degree of compression artefacting, especially when foliage is concerned. Shooting everithing in JPEG+RAW (DNGs have an acceptable level of detail) as a habit carried over from DSLR usage. Still would like to have the JPEGs in higher quality (less compression) than what Mavic outputs now.
2017-7-24
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Someone else will hopefully chime in, but I don't think you can change the JPEG quality settings(?).
2017-7-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

There are currently no JPG options. I agree, the JPG are very often "overcooked" to my eye, though sometimes they're acceptable.
2017-7-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

No option - its hardcoded.  Just use the DNG.
2017-7-24
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DNG is your best bet!
2017-7-24
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

For me, in general, it looks more to be too aggressive noise reduction than compression being the problem. But fully agree the JPG quality leaves much to be desired. And, no... there's no direct settings to adjust neither compression nor noise reduction :-(
DNG is a bit more trouble (requires post-processing), but gives you much better results.
2017-7-24
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Thanks for the replies. I sent a feature request through the DJI Go app for JPEG quality/NR control settings.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

There is no this option yet. Thanks for the advice, hope we can add this function to camera settings.  
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules