Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,

What is the turn around time for a repair? I sent in my Inspire 1 TB 47 battery for warranty repair, according to the progress report, arrived to DJI on 7/14 and there has been no aditional progress since. Is this normal or is it taking to long, because it feels to me like it's taking too long. Can someone give me some insight?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this, please provide me your case number, I'll look into it for you.
2017-7-24
Use props
Shanezep
lvl.1
United States

I wish you the best of luck. Contacting support doesn't do anything to expedite the return of your drone. I sent mine in under the Care Refresh insurance. They received it on the 12th. I wanted it in time for my family vacation before the 21st. They originally didn't apply the Refresh and it took them a week to get it straightened out and support assured me several times they would expedite it and they would ship it overnight. I am half way done with my vacation and my Mavic still has not shipped. There is a disconnect between support and the repair facility. I am missing once in a lifetime photo moments with family members I may not see again at a resort I may not visit again. Today I get a notice that my drone will ship in the next 2 business days. Wow, how is it the Care Refresh gets you back and flying in no time? While I am thankful DJI offers insurance, I am disappointed in the expedition of their service and the fact their repair facility is taking their sweet time and not listening to support, or support is just brushing me off.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Shanezep Posted at 2017-7-24 21:03
I wish you the best of luck. Contacting support doesn't do anything to expedite the return of your drone. I sent mine in under the Care Refresh insurance. They received it on the 12th. I wanted it in time for my family vacation before the 21st. They originally didn't apply the Refresh and it took them a week to get it straightened out and support assured me several times they would expedite it and they would ship it overnight. I am half way done with my vacation and my Mavic still has not shipped. There is a disconnect between support and the repair facility. I am missing once in a lifetime photo moments with family members I may not see again at a resort I may not visit again. Today I get a notice that my drone will ship in the next 2 business days. Wow, how is it the Care Refresh gets you back and flying in no time? While I am thankful DJI offers insurance, I am disappointed in the expedition of their service and the fact their repair facility is taking their sweet time and not listening to support, or support is just brushing me off.

Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience,  I'll forward it to our management , we'll keep improving to provide you all more professional service. Could you provide us your case number so we can look into it?
2017-7-25
Use props
Shanezep
lvl.1
United States

My case # is CAS-757769-B2R3B3. I offered to pay the difference in shipping at the time 2nd day air would have been plenty of time. And they even had me fill out an extra form with a change of address to my work address instead of my home address, and it was ignored by the repair department.

DJI Care Refresh is supposed to send back a refurbished OR NEW replacement drone. All I get is that they need time to test the repaired unit before they sent it back to me. Why is that? If there is not a referbished unit ready to send back right away, then send back a new one. That is in the Care Refresh policy. I should not have had to wait.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Shanezep Posted at 2017-7-25 08:49
My case # is CAS-757769-B2R3B3. I offered to pay the difference in shipping at the time 2nd day air would have been plenty of time. And they even had me fill out an extra form with a change of address to my work address instead of my home address, and it was ignored by the repair department.

DJI Care Refresh is supposed to send back a refurbished OR NEW replacement drone. All I get is that they need time to test the repaired unit before they sent it back to me. Why is that? If there is not a referbished unit ready to send back right away, then send back a new one. That is in the Care Refresh policy. I should not have had to wait.

Shane, the unit has been shipped out, you should have received the shipping label by email.
We apologize for the experience, local repair team has tried their best to expedite the repair center but it's hard to make sure you receive it before the date you provided because time is limited.
We will keep improving our service to make your experience with us better.
2017-7-25
Use props
Shanezep
lvl.1
United States

Well, I do appreciate your efforts. I realize the damage was my own fault and I'm not blaming DJI for that, I just thought replacement would be much faster than 4 weeks and that communication would be better. Thank you for your effort.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Shanezep Posted at 2017-7-25 19:03
Well, I do appreciate your efforts. I realize the damage was my own fault and I'm not blaming DJI for that, I just thought replacement would be much faster than 4 weeks and that communication would be better. Thank you for your effort.

I understand your feeling, you can keep us posted if you encounter other unpleasant experience with our repair team in the future, we will try our best to get it addressed.
Thanks for your support to DJI.
2017-7-25
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-24 19:25
Sorry for this, please provide me your case number, I'll look into it for you.

CAS-761597-C0S8N0
here you go DJI Diana , hope you can get my battery back to me soon.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mixchief Posted at 2017-7-27 21:07
CAS-761597-C0S8N0
here you go DJI Diana , hope you can get my battery back to me soon.

Thanks, really sorry for the delay in replacement, I have forwarded local team to expedite the process, they will ship the replacement as soon as possible, thanks for your patience.
2017-7-27
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 21:32
Thanks, really sorry for the delay in replacement, I have forwarded local team to expedite the process, they will ship the replacement as soon as possible, thanks for your patience.

Funny how 2 days ago i received an email informing me that the battery shipped with a tracking number, but the repair progress tab on the dji support site still only has it as received and not even verified
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mixchief Posted at 2017-8-1 15:25
Funny how 2 days ago i received an email informing me that the battery shipped with a tracking number, but the repair progress tab on the dji support site still only has it as received and not even verified

Local team expedited the process and your battery has been shipped out 2day air. No worries about the case status in website.
2017-8-1
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-1 19:02
Local team expedited the process and your battery has been shipped out 2day air. No worries about the case status in website.

I know Mindy, got it today, thanks for your help, iI'll charge and test on Sunday weather permitting. It's either a new battery or a reconditioned,  it's not my original battery, did not come in original packaging.
Will report on it's startus when I test.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mixchief Posted at 2017-8-2 13:30
I know Mindy, got it today, thanks for your help, iI'll charge and test on Sunday weather permitting. It's either a new battery or a reconditioned,  it's not my original battery, did not come in original packaging.
Will report on it's startus when I test.

No problem.
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules