Video flicking.
616 4 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akim
New
Flight distance : 131453 ft
Russia

Hello everyone. I have a problem with a video from Mavic Pro. It flickers. And I do not mean noise, namely, flicker of brightness. Is this a known problem? Or is it all so?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A4sOMBbxIQ
2017-7-25
Use props
Akim
New
Russia

My Settings:
3840X2160
MOV
25FPS
D-Log
Shutter - 100
16 ND Filter
2017-7-25
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

Its due to the fairly severe compression used on the codec combined with the low 60mbps bit rate the 4k uses.  Basically the codec starts a new "sequence" frame, then for the next 7 uses a difference model to compress.  Then on the 8th frame it starts a new clear frame and does it again.
The result is regular pulsing brightness differences on video.
The only solution is to use something like Neat Video to remove it or shoot in 2.7k.

(Assuming you are using manual exposure for video not auto.  Auto can cause changes as well).
2017-7-25
Use props
Akim
New
Russia

gnirtS Posted at 2017-7-25 08:05
Its due to the fairly severe compression used on the codec combined with the low 60mbps bit rate the 4k uses.  Basically the codec starts a new "sequence" frame, then for the next 7 uses a difference model to compress.  Then on the 8th frame it starts a new clear frame and does it again.
The result is regular pulsing brightness differences on video.
The only solution is to use something like Neat Video to remove it or shoot in 2.7k.

Thanks for the exhaustive answer. And then I began to worry and in technical support they offered me to send a drone for diagnostics.

And yes of course only manual mode
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please upload an original video from drone's SD card to Dropbox for a better confirmation?
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules