I lost my drone and know where it is, but..
1890 6 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stolestone
lvl.1
Finland

Hi,

Got epic Drone session today and suddenly lost signal and the drone did not return back..

I lost the Drone up in the mountains but i know where it is and i can still see it on the map (arrow icon) on Dji Go App.

I tried even get it back and got really close (about 25 meters away, according Gps) to it but the hike got too steep and dangerous. Mountain terrain is soft.
Gonna try to get it back again tomorrow with few pro climbers who promised to help.

My question is,

if the signal is lost, does the Drone land or does it just fall down with empty battery and crash?
And can i trust the Gps that the Drone really exist where Dji Go App shows the arrow?

Cheers,

K
2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you lost signal between RC and drone then it will do whatever you have set for your RTH if it was hover then it will wait until it's ou of battery, if it was return to homepoint then it will try to get home if there is not enough battery to get home it will land. If there was enough battery you will have to face the fact it might have crashed.

So maybe you can give a little more info.
If arrow is showing on the map what is telemetry telling you i.e. Height coordinates are of course on the app flight, so this should help.
2017-7-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

If you lost signal, then the position in the app is simply the last known position. As Hallmark stated, it's behavior after loss of signal depends on several factors. Did you ever get the signal back or once it was lost it stayed lost?
2017-7-25
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe you crashed it into the mountain?

If you upload the log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ and give us a link then we may be able to see what happened, or have a reasonable guess at why communication was lost...
2017-7-25
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I hope you did crash it into the mountain as Nigel has suggested, because then at least you'd have some wreckage to take home.  Unfortunately if you had battery power left, it could be far far away from that little arrow.  

2017-7-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I lost the Drone up in the mountains but i know where it is and i can still see it on the map (arrow icon) on Dji Go App.

That point is the last position that your app received from the Phantom.
It might be where the Phantom is if it's stuck in a tree etc or it could just be where signal was lost as the Phantom lost signal, in which case the Phantom may be in a very different location.
Follow the advice given in post #4 and you'll get some help that might be useful in your search.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about this. If the signal between the drone and RC, and the failsafe reaction chooses to return, the drone will come back to the Homepoint if GPS signal is available. The if the drone loses GPS signal, the drone will not know the direction to go, so it is hard to say the reaction of the drone in this case.
We also have the introduction in the user manual: 御失控返航.png I would recommend that you sync your flight record and contact our support to start a ticket, we will help to make data analysis, if it's malfunction, we will compensate your drone if it is under warranty according to After-Sales Policy.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support

2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules