Osmo mobile: Physical buttons to use the Main Camera.
9281 23 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

Is it possible to use the physical buttons of dji osmo mobile to record video and take a picture without having to use dji GO APP? Only connected via Bluetooth to use the main camera.

The dji GO app, is not good for 60 fp because has no suport for my camera and no dualcamera (at Same e time)
2017-7-26
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

Corret: because has no suport for my cellPhone.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Yes, we have this feature. It's called HID. The firmware must be v1.3.0.50 or later and the APP must be 3.1.0 or later.
First, connect to Osmo Mobile by Bluetooth.
Second, open camera of your mobile phone, both shutter button and record button can take picture or video.
But you need to tap in your phone to switch pictures or videos.
2017-7-26
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

I understand. I Will try to find those olders firmware because play Store Android only install recent firmware.
2017-7-27
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

Sorry. "later" is the new ones.
I already have The New firmware. The Control button works, but photo and video does not.
2017-7-27
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

My cell Phone is galaxy S5
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

felipereis50 Posted at 2017-7-27 01:30
I understand. I Will try to find those olders firmware because play Store Android only install recent firmware.

New firmware has this feature, there is no need to downgrade.
2017-7-27
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If using Xperia devices,
Set volume keys as shutter as the osmosis mobile hid configuration is set as volume keys
2017-7-27
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 04:44
New firmware has this feature, there is no need to downgrade.

Hi
I did the test on my Galasy S5 using the HID with the main camera. The button to take photo of the dji osmo worked. But the button for video is parameterized with the function to take photo. In short, my two buttons on the dji osmo mobile are set to take pictures. Is there a way to fix it?
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

felipereis50 Posted at 2017-7-27 16:28
Hi
I did the test on my Galasy S5 using the HID with the main camera. The button to take photo of the dji osmo worked. But the button for video is parameterized with the function to take photo. In short, my two buttons on the dji osmo mobile are set to take pictures. Is there a way to fix it?

Yes, that is how it works.
I have mentioned on my previous post, these two buttons have the same function, ie. when you take pictures, these two buttons all can control, no difference.
What you need to do is to switch from picture to video in your camera interface. Then these buttons all can be used to take video.
2017-7-27
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

Ok. I understand. Thanks
2017-7-28
Use props
JerTabz
lvl.1

Singapore

hi!...can anyone help me.. i cannot upgtrade to the new firmware(i tried many time already but i still cannot download). i cannot use fully the my DJI osmo mobile.
2017-7-30
Use props
PabloZarate
New
Mexico

I can not trigger the shutter of the default camera on my LG G6, HID mode doesn't seems to work (Android 7). DJI Go app runs fine but uses the default camera, not the wide angle (which is the reason I bought the G6 and the Osmo Mobile). Any fix for HID? Thanks!
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PabloZarate Posted at 2017-10-27 21:17
I can not trigger the shutter of the default camera on my LG G6, HID mode doesn't seems to work (Android 7). DJI Go app runs fine but uses the default camera, not the wide angle (which is the reason I bought the G6 and the Osmo Mobile). Any fix for HID? Thanks!

What is the firmware version and APP version?
2017-10-28
Use props
PabloZarate
New
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 01:48
What is the firmware version and APP version?

Problem just got fixed. On LG G6 you should manally enable "input mode" on the bluetooth panel for the device I have the latest app version and latest firmware. Its ok now, thanks!
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PabloZarate Posted at 2017-10-29 20:28
Problem just got fixed. On LG G6 you should manally enable "input mode" on the bluetooth panel for the device  I have the latest app version and latest firmware. Its ok now, thanks!

Glad to know you have got it sorted out. Nice try.
Please keep us updated if you have any further problem.
2017-10-29
Use props
Franchu29
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-29 23:49
Glad to know you have got it sorted out. Nice try.
Please keep us updated if you have any further problem.

Hello i have LG g6, in stock camera both botóns work as photo, stock camera dont have video mode. Both botons are always in screen.

How can i use the video buton from osmo in this case?
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Franchu29 Posted at 2017-12-19 23:47
Hello i have LG g6, in stock camera both botóns work as photo, stock camera dont have video mode. Both botons are always in screen.

How can i use the video buton from osmo in this case?

Hi, Franchu, we can only switch to video mode via screen.
When you switch to video mode, both shutter button and video button can trigger the stock camera to take video.
2017-12-20
Use props
Franchu29
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-20 01:24
Hi, Franchu, we can only switch to video mode via screen.
When you switch to video mode, both shutter button and video button can trigger the stock camera to take video.

G6 dont have video o photo mode.

Both butons always in display and fisical butons of osmo only take photo

Is posible start video recording some metod

This is the camera screen

IMG-20171220-WA0004.jpg
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Franchu29 Posted at 2017-12-20 07:12
G6 dont have video o photo mode.

Both butons always in display and fisical butons of osmo only take photo

Please press the icon below to switch to video mode, thanks. video mode.png
2017-12-21
Use props
Franchu29
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-21 20:31
Please press the icon below to switch to video mode, thanks.[view_image]

This icon don't change mode, only start video recording.

The lg g6 only have one mode vide and photo together.

Physical buttons of osmo only take photo.

Any idea to start recording?????????????
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Franchu29 Posted at 2017-12-24 04:55
This icon don't change mode, only start video recording.

The lg g6 only have one mode vide and photo together.

Hi Franchu, the buttons in grip cannot switch the mode when you use the stock Camera.
To be more precise, this function is called HID, the buttons in grip are actually used to control the volume button of your mobile phone, while volume button can usually control the Camera to take pictures or videos.
If you would like to take video, please switch your Camera to video mode, the buttons in the grip can be used to start or end the video recording.
Hope I explain clearly this time.
2017-12-24
Use props
djiuser_K8T2g4OSH2Vn
New
Poland

Hello, physical buttons doesn't work for me in camera app on LG g6, someone said about enabling "input mode" for bluetooth service but i don't know where and how?
2019-3-13
Use props
Windu Masardi
New

Indonesia

Hello DJI Mindy.

I bought DJI Osmo Mobile 2 recently and I really like it so far.
However, I feel that somehow the DJI GO app is not fully maximizing its potential with its limitations when used with Android device.
For example, i cannot record 60fps, there's no slow mo mode options available, the zoom is not smooth, etc.
I really hope you can fix those issues as time goes by.

And I would also like to know if you can tell me if it's possible to connect the zoom button to the volume up and down function?
It will be really handy and I can use it with stock Samsung camera app and record at 60 fps. I really need to record within 60 fps at minimum for my work. And i hope I can record 60 fps while using the zoom button at my Osmo Mobile 2.

Can you kindly confirm and provide solution for this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Windu
2019-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules