Worse than choppy.
932 10 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Judweiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33425 ft
United States

I don't want to hijack the choppy video thread so....  I finally figured out how to change the camera settings to get good quality video and now I would say the video freezes then moves then freezes then moves etc.  Any ideas?  I guess I'll throw in that this is on a SanDisk Extreme microSDHC 32GB.

2017-7-26
Use props
DanielTheRider
Second Officer
United States

My question is now that 2 threads have been posted about this, how much longer will DJI ignore the situatuon?
2017-7-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When you say 'I guess I'll throw in that this is on a SanDisk Extreme microSDHC 32GB.' this raises the question of whether it is actually the recording on the SD card in the aircraft.

I have never once heard on this forum of choppy or start/stop video being recorded on the aircraft's card. Usually this is someone looking at the footage on their phone or tablet. But it can appear like this if you are not playing it back correctly. The first thing is to copy the file onto the HDD or SSD of your computer, then play it back. If it is still the same, then most likely your computer is not up to the task of playing back the footage.

If possible, post a short clip to Dropbox and come back here with a link to it. It is important to post original footage.
2017-7-26
Use props
Judweiser
lvl.1
United States

Totally different, I think, when edited to a shorter clip.  I'm new to this so please help any way you can.  When I downloaded and played the file it was horrible, maybe I just need to send it somewhere else then try it?  Anyway here is a link, hopefully it works.   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d3mw ... Sa8683LKuMH5va?dl=0
2017-7-26
Use props
Judweiser
lvl.1
United States

Now I just need to know if the link works, didn't really work for me.  The video is pretty steady there, but not real clear or high quality to me.
2017-7-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Judweiser Posted at 2017-7-26 18:24
Now I just need to know if the link works, didn't really work for me.  The video is pretty steady there, but not real clear or high quality to me.

You don't watch the video on dropbox, it is a really awful copy. The idea is to download the file and play it on your own computer. And just a small tip, there is no need to ZIP a video file, all video files are already heavily compressed anyway.

In any event, I did look at the clip and it is just fine, so you appear to have an issue regarding the computer you are watching it on. You might like to say what that computer is.

I used VLCPlayer to look at it, you might like to download a copy and try it, it is free.
2017-7-26
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Judweiser Posted at 2017-7-26 18:03
Totally different, I think, when edited to a shorter clip.  I'm new to this so please help any way you can.  When I downloaded and played the file it was horrible, maybe I just need to send it somewhere else then try it?  Anyway here is a link, hopefully it works.   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d3mwyivdbfv1hy/AADI_rXr3-rSa8683LKuMH5va?dl=0

Judweiser,  you problem is not a choppy video. Your problem is explaining a dead flamingo to the ASPCA...   otherwhise, no choppiness in the file you sent to dropbox. played on an older MacBookPro with VLC 2.2.4
2017-7-26
Use props
DanielTheRider
Second Officer
United States

Let's see you land it on the diving board!
2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I get stop start video on my laptop but thats because my laptop is to slow to play 2.7k and 4k video. I can play the same video on my wifes laptop and it plays fine. I have to dumb it down to 1080p for my laptop to play it properly. You may want to try a different devise and see if that helps.
2017-7-27
Use props
Judweiser
lvl.1
United States

I'm running windows 10, have I-7 at 2.67 and 7 gigs of memory.  I downloaded the VLC player and it cured all my ills    Guess its time to go land on the diving board!
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's very nice to hear that you have figured it out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules