2047 13 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that the latest GO 4 app does not show a map for some reason. It's just gray. I have rebooted and closed and reopened the app but still no map. Without the map it is unsafe to fly. I running on a iPad Pro 10.5 Anyone else having this problem? No problem with the regular GO app
Regards,
Tom

2017-7-26
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure that happened, having the same issue with the DJI Go APP, can't get the maps to render even at the house. My DJI Go 4 app has not shown that issue, not sure what DJI is doing.
2017-7-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

After reading this post I opened the app on my phone and the map window popped right up even with no drone connected.
2017-7-26
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-26 17:38
After reading this post I opened the app on my phone and the map window popped right up even with no drone connected.

huh? I had to connect to the internet to re-download a local map. But, after that, everything was OK.
2017-7-26
Use props
snath
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I can get the map for the DJI Go 4 and GSP but when I open up the DJI Go, it does not show the map. I have an iPad Pro, I used to be able to get the maps but no longer.
IMG_0101.jpg
2017-7-26
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read in another post that deleting the app and reinstalling it solved the problem. I did that and all is good now.

Tom,
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-7-26 23:56
I read in another post that deleting the app and reinstalling it solved the problem. I did that and all is good now.

Tom,

It's good to know the map issue gets sorted, please keep us posted if it happens again.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

snath Posted at 2017-7-26 20:28
I can get the map for the DJI Go 4 and GSP but when I open up the DJI Go, it does not show the map. I have an iPad Pro, I used to be able to get the maps but no longer.

Please open Cache Map in the Background with network to see if the map will show up.You can also try to reinstall the APP.
2017-7-27
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As Tom has said (#6 above). No maps following upgrade (iOS Version) but the map is restored following a complete re-install of the App. Note. This was the case even with Cache Map in Background enabled.
Regards
Allan
2017-7-27
Use props
snath
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks all, re-installed the APP and got the maps back, not sure why we have to go thru this all the time
2017-7-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw this post and verified that after this Go 4 App update that all of my devices were working correctly. this screen shot is the iPhone 7
Rich

IMG_8927.PNG
2017-7-27
Use props
fansb3675e68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1256864 ft
Canada

I had the same problem.  Maps were loaded and working perfectly one day, then next day no maps.  No IOS or App update had occurred.  I did what DJI Mindy suggested and turned on setting "Cache Map in the Background".  Then a few seconds later maps were loaded.  No reinstall needed.   Thanks DJI Mindy!
2017-10-27
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

This problem can be solved by selecting another aircraft while in the start screen of Go (you don't have to own that model), wait for it to open a pilot view and then toggle back to your present aircraft. I have no idea why this works but it does.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb3675e68 Posted at 2017-10-27 14:49
I had the same problem.  Maps were loaded and working perfectly one day, then next day no maps.  No IOS or App update had occurred.  I did what DJI Mindy suggested and turned on setting "Cache Map in the Background".  Then a few seconds later maps were loaded.  No reinstall needed.   Thanks DJI Mindy!

You are welcome, glad the problem got sorted out.
Please keep us updated if you have any further question.
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules