FPV cell phone set up
1267 3 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajd1349.hotmail
New

Canada

Hi,

I am just getting started with a Phantom 2 that I got. I am looking for a gimbal to put a go pro 3+ on but I do not want to spend hundreds on the Zenmuse.
I believe I found  decent one on goodluckbuys.com. That, however is not the confusing part. My plan was to get an FPV transmitter and reciever that will work with my cell phone so I don't have to buy a monitor.

Does anybody know of anything that will work in my stuation or have any advice on what to do? I do want a decent transmitter because I am around some tall trees and am not necesarily going to always have sight of the craft. Any thing that will help me out would be great.

2015-3-23
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

Sorry, but I went with the Vision + that came ready to use with FPV on smartphones and tablets, so I can't personally answer your question.   I have seen posts regarding other systems, you should be able to find some posts with the forum search function and terms such as "go pro 3 fpv".  Here are the results for that search, but try other ones.  Google should also help.
Someone here may be able to help out, but it's not necessarily a simple answer.  And the installation will definitly not be inexpensive.
2015-3-23
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is nothing that will work with your cell phone - or at least nothing easy and inexpensive.

Regular analog FPV can be spotty - unless you spend a lot of money and time tuning them up. If you lose sight of your craft often, chances are you will lose your Phantom (even with good FPV).

Here is a basic article on what you need to do analog FPV - this is on the Phantom 1, but it works the same.....
http://www.droneflyers.com/2014/ ... quadcopter-project/
2015-3-23
Use props
ajd1349.hotmail
New

Canada

Thanks guys, this did help me out. Would you be able to recommend a monitor for me to look into?
2015-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules