2254 3 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WBF
New
Flight distance : 93317 ft
United States

Hello all,

I'm a landscape photographer from Texas and I currently use a P4 to take aerial shots to frame and sell. I have been commissioned for a job which requires me to blow up my images considerably larger than what I've done with my P4, and will need images that will hold their quality when approaching 5-8 feet in width when printed.

My first consideration for my solution was a Matrice 600 with my Sony A7rII with its 42mp sensor, and it would be a great solution if it weren't for the sheer size of the Matrice. A major part of my work is visiting remote locations and hiking a ways to capture natural relief and beauty in the landscapes, and it would be next to impossible to lug a Matrice 600 5 miles from the car.

My second consideration was the Inspire 2 with the X5S, but I still believe that the sensor is too small for me to accomplish what I need. If I blew the micro 4/3rds sensor image to the size that my job requires, the noise would be very noticable and I doubt the sharpness would be there either.

My last hope (please help!) is getting an Inspire 2, and SOMEHOW attaching a Sony Rx1R II to it. The camera has the same sensor as my Sony A7rII (42mp) and would be a fine solution to get the resolution that I'll need. It also weighs 507g with it's battery and card, which leaves me 203g to work with for a gimbal/downlink system as the Inspire 2's max load capacity is 710g (not including the aircraft itself of course). I'm not very optimistic that this will work, but I'm hoping there is someone who sees this who is crazy enough to help me achieve this!

If anyone has ANY other suggestions at all, I would be very greatful! I hope that I can find a solution, but it's tough when I'm looking for a drone that will probably be released in 3 years by DJI..

Thanks everyone!
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

WBF, thanks for your support to DJI product. Unfortunately, Inspire 2 only supports its own camera, that is Zenmuse X4S and X5S, and we don't suggest to mount other unit.
If you think the sensor cannot fulfill your request, you can consider the Matrice series products.
2017-7-28
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Can you not take a series of images and stitch them?
2017-7-28
Use props
WBF
New
Flight distance : 93317 ft
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-7-28 05:41
Can you not take a series of images and stitch them?

I think that's what I'll end up doing with most likely an Inspire 2. I just want the larger m4/3 sensor of the X5S and want the ability to upgrade the camera in the future.

Thanks for the reply!
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules