My repair experience: (broke gimbal -> flashing yellow lights)
1184 8 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pr0fess0r
New
France

Hi all

I got a Mavic earlier in the year and foolishly dropped it at one point while travelling, breaking the mounting tab for the camera.
I thought the repair experience with DJI would be professional and straightforward...
I'm in Eastern France, near Geneva, and they asked me to UPS it to their German office for repair, which I did. When it came back...

- The drone that was returned to me is not the one I sent to DJI. The one I received had a different serial number
- It contained an SD card (I removed the SD card from the one I sent)
- It will not connect to the remote controller. It flashes yellow once started. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps offered both online in forums and in the manual, including:
- powering off and on in various combinations (controller first, drone first etc. I never had this problem previously)
- I updated the controller to the latest firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 App
- I updated the drone to the latest firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 App (connected via USB cable)
- I tried connecting the remote controller to the drone using the normal wireless connection and connecting by USB cable.
- I was able to connect to the drone by setting the drone to WiFi mode and connecting via WiFi on my iPhone, using the DJI Go app. I was asked to activate the drone, which I did. Afterwards, I saw a number of errors in the drone, including an inability to detect the battery and determine its temperature (the battery was installed and charged), Gimbal Disconnected (the gimbal clamps had been removed and the camera was able to move freely). I also tried to format the memory card and received an error.

So now I've re-opened the ticket

Is this the sort of support experience most people have? I would have thought that by asking us to return the controller when we send the drone in for reapir, that they would at least test it worked before sending it back. And sending someone else's drone back seems a bit shady to me :/
2017-7-31
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Did you hit the link rc in your go4 app and then push the little linking button on a.c. with tooth pick or something like that? Maybe that help you. Good luck
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We understand how you feel, very sorry about it. For the flashing yellow light, please check the tutorial video and try to link RC first.

Also, please PM me your case number, and we will look into it. Thank you for cooperation in advance.

2017-7-31
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

This is the story you hear the most when a user/s send in their unit/s for repair, when the unit come back more often than normal it has more problem added to the original problem. I started a thread recently called "DJI Video Confirmation After Repair", it's  like a Care Refresh but in reverse, it got buried somewhere. Anyway it is what it is, hope they'll improve their service .
2017-7-31
Use props
pr0fess0r
New
France

So of course, shortly after I posted I kept messing around and finally got everything to link and the drone seems fine. Typical. The best way to fix a problem is tell everyone about it! Thanks for the helpful replies!
2017-8-1
Use props
djiuser_4DaEMfV
New

Canada

I used my mavic pro last night no issues, worked flawlessly.  I got up before sunrise to capture it on the lake we're staying at & the app on my iPhone 6+ is giving me an error Gimble disconnected.  There is video coming to the display on my phone but it's blurry.  I've got no ability to control the gimble movement.  I'm not finding much about potential fixes other then blowing away the OS on my phone & reinstalling everything (whaaaat that doesn't seem right)
2017-8-5
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

djiuser_4DaEMfV Posted at 2017-8-5 07:01
I used my mavic pro last night no issues, worked flawlessly.  I got up before sunrise to capture it on the lake we're staying at & the app on my iPhone 6+ is giving me an error Gimble disconnected.  There is video coming to the display on my phone but it's blurry.  I've got no ability to control the gimble movement.  I'm not finding much about potential fixes other then blowing away the OS on my phone & reinstalling everything (whaaaat that doesn't seem right)

Did you take the Gimbal support off.?
(It's the little clear piece that is Behind the camera Arm)
2017-8-5
Use props
Raafter68
New

Canada

CharlieFliesDro Posted at 2017-8-5 07:12

Yes I did,   I've reset everything, reset my iPhone. Tried calibrating the gimble & nothing works.  Reset fails, calibration fails etc.
2017-8-5
Use props
Raafter68
New

Canada

CharlieFliesDro Posted at 2017-8-5 07:12

Yes I did,   I've reset everything, reset my iPhone. Tried calibrating the gimble & nothing works.  Reset fails, calibration fails etc.
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules