Can multiple P4P fly in the same area at the same time?
2303 10 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I was wondering if I should be careful at the park, if I see another drone flying around?

2017-8-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes. If the pilots are standing near each other though, you might want to fly at different frequencies. We have flown 4 at the same park and 3 of us were standing within a few meters of each other. No issues at all.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Actually, we do not suggest to fly the same drones at the same place and time. They may interfere each other easily due to the same channel.
2017-8-1
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So, officially NO, unofficially YES or MAYBE ... Go figure ...
2017-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Given that the Phantoms employ frequency hopping radio techniques, it should not be a problem. And the user Dirty Bird on here regularly flys two or three from the same location on very long missions.
2017-8-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Robert,

If you are flying is a park with others, chances are they are using 2.4 GHz and there is general 2.4 GHz background interference.  As long as operators are 10 feet away from each other there should be limited interference but you have to be vigilant about interference and detect it ASAP.

Fortunately, you have the 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz option in the HD icon.  Go into HD and choose Custom.  Then choose the 5.8 GHz frequency and look for the longest, green bar and choose it as your band.  This should keep you safe.  It would probably also be helpful if you do not stand closer than ten feet to a flier that you know is using 5.8 GHz.  Again, keep an eye out for interference.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-1
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-1 23:41
Aloha Robert,

If you are flying is a park with others, chances are they are using 2.4 GHz and there is general 2.4 GHz background interference.  As long as operators are 10 feet away from each other there should be limited interference but you have to be vigilant about interference and detect it ASAP.

Cetacean,

I need to correct some very bad information in your post. When using the channel frequency display in the HD tab of the DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app, the display is showing the level of signal activity (i.e., signal INTERFERENCE) on each of the available channels for either 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz HD mode. You absolutely do NOT want to choose a channel with the longest green bar. In fact, just the opposite. You want to choose a channel with zero signal activity interference - so, NO BAR showing and, preferably, a channel with no interference signal levels showing on the immediately adjacent channels.  This signal graph has been a source of confusion for many even though it has been available since the DJI Phantom 3 Pro came out, so don't feel bad. But, absolutely, positively, you want to choose a channel in manual mode that has the LOWEST signal level - so, zero or very small signal level bars.

With my P4Pro, I fly almost exclusively in 5.8 GHz mode now since in most areas that I fly, including urban areas with thousands of homes in the surrounding area, almost all 5.8 GHz channels have very little interference outdoors (i.e., zero or very, very small green bars of signal level activity).  When I fly in 2.4 GHz mode, I choose channel with the lowest interference signal level, which is getting harder to find. Choosing manual channels this way I regularly can fly out to 20,000+ feet maximum distance without loosing RC or HD signal as long as there is no obstacle (tree, building, hill, etc.) that gets between my RC and drone.
2017-8-2
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-8-2 06:19
Cetacean,

I need to correct some very bad information in your post. When using the channel frequency display in the HD tab of the DJI GO or DJI GO 4 app, the display is showing the level of signal activity (i.e., signal INTERFERENCE) on each of the available channels for either 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz HD mode. You absolutely do NOT want to choose a channel with the longest green bar. In fact, just the opposite. You want to choose a channel with zero signal activity interference - so, NO BAR showing and, preferably, a channel with no interference signal levels showing on the immediately adjacent channels.  This signal graph has been a source of confusion for many even though it has been available since the DJI Phantom 3 Pro came out, so don't feel bad. But, absolutely, positively, you want to choose a channel in manual mode that has the LOWEST signal level - so, zero or very small signal level bars.

Yep, I was caught by the same misinterpretation of anti-intuitive display some time ago. And yes, 5.8 GHZ seems to be better option these days. Too bad there's no way to keep this setting permanently, I must set 5.8 option every time before flight. Correct me if I'm wrong ....
2017-8-2
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-2 09:18
Yep, I was caught by the same misinterpretation of anti-intuitive display some time ago. And yes, 5.8 GHZ seems to be better option these days. Too bad there's no way to keep this setting permanently, I must set 5.8 option every time before flight. Correct me if I'm wrong ....

Same here.......  on setting every time.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Personally, I have flown with a number of RC pilots, many of whom have the Phantom 4 and 3. Haven't had an issue yet. Still, not a bad idea about the distance.
2017-8-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-8-2 06:19
Cetacean,

Aloha Mann,

Mahalo!!!  You da Mann in my book!  That is great information!  I have a hard enough time with the colors.  In my area (a frickin Jungle!) there should be almost no interference and sure enough the bars are so short that I have a hard time making out if they are green or amber (yellow, red?).  There are occasional long bars that allow better color determination.

So, can you go on about the difference and implication of the colors (I know blue and see it easily)?  When red is short?  When red is long?  When green is short? when green is long?  

I like really clear video in my Live View.  Hey, maybe I will be able to up my bitrate now!   Hey!  The clouds have parted and the sun is really shinning!  (Actually, it is raining flash flood warning right now and I cannot fly for awhile, but I will be out there ASAP!)

Mahalo again for the help!  This is the best correction yet.  You should create a Thread on this.  I would post an appreciation on it, to say the least.  It needs thread level recognition.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules