7277 12 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6ecadcf4
New
Flight distance : 93753 ft
South Africa

Hi,

Is it possible to set the Active track distance from the subject on a Spark i.e can you make the drone fly closer to the subject. Also, can it track from the front i.e fly backwards?

Thanks
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is a limit distance think 3 meters, enable backward flying and just set it up in front of subject when he moves forward spark will move backward , you also can circle subject. Best to read the manual active track, you will get a clearer picture.
2017-8-1
Use props
lucsvette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Not sure if you can adjust the distance from subject being followed.  I haven't tried the move backwards except for forward object avoidance.
2017-8-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adding one other Active Track question:  Are we locked into video only or pictures only upon starting Active Track?  I bet it's in the manual and I just skipped it.  Every time I've started Active Track, if I started with the camera in picture mode, I've been unable to switch to video mode (and visa versa).  I have learned to decide what my intent is for the subject before I start tracking the subject, but it would be of great value to be able to switch back and forth while tracking.  Are others able to switch (and I just don't know how to do it)?
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-1 11:48
Adding one other Active Track question:  Are we locked into video only or pictures only upon starting Active Track?  I bet it's in the manual and I just skipped it.  Every time I've started Active Track, if I started with the camera in picture mode, I've been unable to switch to video mode (and visa versa).  I have learned to decide what my intent is for the subject before I start tracking the subject, but it would be of great value to be able to switch back and forth while tracking.  Are others able to switch (and I just don't know how to do it)?

You can do either, just push video button or camera button.
2017-8-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-1 11:52
You can do either, just push video button or camera button.

On the RC?  Using the phone app, the control to perform the switch is disabled while tracking (light gray ghosted out, non-responsive).  I've not tried to perform those actions using the RC, and I'll give that a try.
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-1 11:57
On the RC?  Using the phone app, the control to perform the switch is disabled while tracking (light gray ghosted out, non-responsive).  I've not tried to perform those actions using the RC, and I'll give that a try.

Sorry haven't used it with phone. You can do some good trace and profile using RC you can get some really good steady footage.
2017-8-1
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

You can adjust the distance from the subject by pushing/pulling on your right stick.

Keep in mind, however, that the farther you get, the more likely it is to lose tracking.
2017-8-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Someone already mentioned this, but I'll expand.  I tested Active Track today, and while tracking the subject (me), I was able to use the controls to adjust distance from target (closer/farther), and I was also able to adjust altitude, all while actively tracking the subject (me).
2017-8-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-1 12:05
Sorry haven't used it with phone. You can do some good trace and profile using RC you can get some really good steady footage.

I tested using the RC today to switch between video and pictures while Active Tracking a subject (me).  I discovered some odd behavior (at least with my equipment and software, all current).  I am able to record video and stop, I am able to take pictures, but if I switch from pictures to video (using the RC), the drone loses the subject, and I have to manually reacquire the subject.  This was consistent for me.  The drone never KEPT the subject when I switched from one to the other.

Does anyone have the same experience?
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We do not support to set the track distance for now. You can enable Backward Flying in VPS. Please take care when you use this feature.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-1 16:13
I tested using the RC today to switch between video and pictures while Active Tracking a subject (me).  I discovered some odd behavior (at least with my equipment and software, all current).  I am able to record video and stop, I am able to take pictures, but if I switch from pictures to video (using the RC), the drone loses the subject, and I have to manually reacquire the subject.  This was consistent for me.  The drone never KEPT the subject when I switched from one to the other.

Does anyone have the same experience?

Due to the different FOV of recording and tacking pictures in Spark, the calculated distance will change a lot. Stop tracking will prevent the drone flying forward or backward suddenly.
2017-8-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok, normal and expected behavior then.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now