After update problem
1173 15 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mutley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24967 ft
United Kingdom

I have not flown the P4 for some time so switched it on today and it said it needed updating which i did, remote and P4, all seemed to be ok but now eveytime I switch it on it does the Version check, say up to date but then I get the message to 'Connect Aircraft to Update your Data', I do as it says, you can see the progress go to 100% and the the Finish button appears, but its the same every time, I can ignore it and it goes into the app and camera and all the rest is fine, a bit perplexed, any ideas? Cheers
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I noticed this today for the first time testing my Nexus 7 (2013), it looks like a glitch as it does not happen with my two Apple devices.
2017-8-3
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am running an Nvidia Sheild and it was fine prior to update, if I ignore it it seems fine, I will see if it flies ok tomorrow though, its just a pain.
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mutley Posted at 2017-8-3 11:23
I am running an Nvidia Sheild and it was fine prior to update, if I ignore it it seems fine, I will see if it flies ok tomorrow though, its just a pain.

I'm sure this is something new that's just crept in. I updated when firmware first came out, and basic functional testing on all my devices has not shown this before now.
2017-8-3
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-3 11:30
I'm sure this is something new that's just crept in. I updated when firmware first came out, and basic functional testing on all my devices has not shown this before now.

Hi Aardvark, I have done a test with my Android device (Huawei GX8) after reading your post and I have to say this: This is the first reported issue that I haven't noticed in my P4 after the firmware update...... (yet) LOL
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-3 12:37
Hi Aardvark, I have done a test with my Android device (Huawei GX8) after reading your post and I have to say this: This is the first reported issue that I haven't noticed in my P4 after the firmware update...... (yet) LOL

Problem is it didn't happen with the update, that's why I'm curious about it, is it a UK only thing I wonder ?
2017-8-3
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-3 12:35
Problem is it didn't happen with the update, that's why I'm curious about it, is it a UK only thing I wonder ?

Yes, it is very strange. Can they do that? A bug only for UK users? What have you done to deserve this? Has it got any sense?
2017-8-3
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Perhaps they're about to push an update fixing all the things? *cough*
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-3 12:42
Yes, it is very strange. Can they do that? A bug only for UK users? What have you done to deserve this? Has it got any sense?

My first thought was that it might relate to 'Location' specific data, i.e. UK controlled airspace, NFZs and suchlike.
Second thought was, I don't know... :-)
2017-8-3
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

What I have noticed is that the app let me now downgrade the RC to 1.8 firmware version. In Android and iOS. Can you confirm this?
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-3 13:09
What I have noticed is that the app let me now downgrade the RC to 1.8 firmware version. In Android and iOS. Can you confirm this?

In iOS I have option to downgrade controller to V1.8, V1.6 & V1.5.80, although with latest aircraft firmware 1.92 is required. And same on Android, if you tap on the V1.8 in the window it then gives you a roll down menu with the others.
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dnerve Posted at 2017-8-3 12:45
Perhaps they're about to push an update fixing all the things? *cough*

Shhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!...Don't tell anybody your name Dnerve....
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mutley, does the issue appear if changed to another recommended mobile? If yes, please send us a short video of this, we'd like to look into it.
2017-8-3
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hey Susan, I have Android just tried it on my Nexus 6P and no problems at all. Both the NV Shield and the 6P are running android 7 so I cant see that being the problem, as I said, it is just a message which I can ignore and it all apears to work OK. I use the Shield all the time and its a bit annoying but by the look of your response you are not going to address it if its just a Shield problem anyway so I guess I will have to get used to it.
2017-8-4
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just been out to test fly and I see the App crashing a lot of times is back, seem to have got over that last time, always problems
2017-8-4
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Could you please check the APP database version and aircraft database version in settings-about? We will check if it is not consistent
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules