Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

Hopefully it isn't too offensive to DJI that I am posting about Litchi.  I'm just trying to help.
A bunch of you already use and like Litchi.  I had never tried it until I hit a point of desperation with the current DJIGo4 problems.  I needed to get back to work, so I decided to pony up for Litchi. It has been a pleasant surprise working with Litchi.

Litchi is actually of great assistance to those of us who are having showstopper problems with the latest update to DJIGO4.   If nothing else, you can easily get flying again with Litchi until DJIGo4 is fixed.

I am flying a P4P and a P4 with an iPad Mini2.  Have had nothing but problems since the updates, mostly in the form of video transmission issues.
I have to say, Litchi is a joy to work with.  It doesn't have all the automation options (it has a few including Course Lock being my fave) that DJIGo4 provides, but it is a SOLID application.  I felt comfortable with it immediately because the UI  is very similar to DJIGo4.  Everything worked perfectly, no image transmission problems, solid connection.  There are a few nice bells and whistles too.

Anyway, I paid $22 bucks for it.  To me, it was well worth the cost just to get flying again.
Matt

2017-8-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Matt. I have to agree with you on the quality of Litchi. It's a far cheaper option to get transmission video decoding working well again on a Mini 2 (or iPhone 5s) than it is to upgrade the platform - although admittedly you'd probably just be delaying that anyway.
2017-8-3
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Naturally to those of us considering Crystalsky upgrade Litchi is no option since the device comes pre-loaded with Go app and will not accept anything else. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
2017-8-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-3 19:23
Naturally to those of us considering Crystalsky upgrade Litchi is no option since the device comes pre-loaded with Go app and will not accept anything else. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Haven't looked at Crystalsky, but I assume it's like the locked P4P+ RC Android build. Personally, while I see the screen quality/brightness as attractive, the lack of flexibility it means for me is too big an issue to ignore. I run a number of Apps on my device including DJI GO, Litchi, Hanger360, and Can I Fly There. And of course Facebook, should I upload a quick-and-dirty auto-generated video if I choose to.

I can not do that if I have either Crystalsky (I believe) or the P4P+ RC, so that's a show-stopper for me.
2017-8-3
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-3 20:08
Haven't looked at Crystalsky, but I assume it's like the locked P4P+ RC Android build. Personally, while I see the screen quality/brightness as attractive, the lack of flexibility it means for me is too big an issue to ignore. I run a number of Apps on my device including DJI GO, Litchi, Hanger360, and Can I Fly There. And of course Facebook, should I upload a quick-and-dirty auto-generated video if I choose to.

I can not do that if I have either Crystalsky (I believe) or the P4P+ RC, so that's a show-stopper for me.

That was my guess too, although in my case the issue is irrelevant. Go app does everything I'll ever need, and more. To me bright screen is the only reason for slapping 1K on DJI's desk, I can't see much on my iPad Air2. Tried Headplay torture as well.... hell no!
2017-8-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-3 20:27
That was my guess too, although in my case the issue is irrelevant. Go app does everything I'll ever need, and more. To me bright screen is the only reason for slapping 1K on DJI's desk, I can't see much on my iPad Air2. Tried Headplay torture as well.... hell no!

Noooooo - don't tell me that. I just upgraded my iPad Mini 2 (can't cut the video decoding now) with an iPad Air 2! I haven't tried it out yet, but....
I hope you're not going to tell me that Darth Vader is really Luke Skywalker's father next....
2017-8-3
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-3 20:32
Noooooo - don't tell me that. I just upgraded my iPad Mini 2 (can't cut the video decoding now) with an iPad Air 2! I haven't tried it out yet, but....
I hope you're not going to tell me that Darth Vader is really Luke Skywalker's father next....

Monitoring in bright summer sun was always the issue to me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with iPad Air2 as a device, but I CAN'T see what my bird sees ... Simple like that! With goggles I can't breath for change, sweating like a pig (do they sweat?) in 3 minutes, looking ridiculous, falling like a drunk sailor after the flight ... just no way! But that's me ...
2017-8-3
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

all other apps (litchi, djiGS. autopilot, . . . ) working well without any video transmission problems except dji go 4 !!!
2017-8-4
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I also noticed that by using Litchi, I was able to fly through several batteries without my iPad Mini 2 overheating.    (I still believe that the overheating is the reason why there is a video transmission problem since my video transmission is fine until the iPad Mini 2 or my iPhone 7 plus become molten metal.... usually only taking a few minutes of flight time since updating DJIGo4.)

This problem does not occur when using Litchi.  I can fly all day, with the protective cover on my iPad, in direct sun, on a hot day, without overheating.  DJIGo4 now causes my iPad to overheat, this never occurred prior to the latest update.
2017-8-4
Use props
Blue Ridge Big
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82900 ft
United States

I have had nothing but problems with my iPad mini 2 since early June. The display totally locks up while trying to shoot or view in 4k. It gets so hot within a few minutes of flight, that the iPad starts behaving erratically, randomly pulling up apps, and not responding to any commands. This happens on my Phantom 4, and my P4P. After stumbling across this thread late yesterday afternoon, I decided to download the Litchi app, and give it a try, without reading the directions or looking at any tutorials. The app is straightforward, and easy enough to use, if you are familiar with DJI go 4. The iPad worked great, no overheating or glitches, on a long flight with the P4P. At $23, it is a cost effective workaround, as opposed to buying a newer iPad, while we wait for a fix from DJI. Part of my test last night was a flight down the trail behind my house, about 12-13 minutes of varied terrain and numerous trees to avoid. This time-lapse video is 8x speed. Shot at 4k resolution, but compressed down for Sky Pixel...

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... a-b1c6-b51c579e3b39

2017-8-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never use dji go 4, i always use licthi. Dji should hire the people who make litchi, seriously.... I'm not worried about being offensive because in all honesty dji go is a train wreck..
2017-8-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-3 21:20
Monitoring in bright summer sun was always the issue to me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with iPad Air2 as a device, but I CAN'T see what my bird sees ... Simple like that! With goggles I can't breath for change, sweating like a pig (do they sweat?) in 3 minutes, looking ridiculous, falling like a drunk sailor after the flight ... just no way! But that's me ...

I just started using the new iPad pro 10.5 and while its a tight squeeze in the tablet holder it is excellent in the direct sun shine, and the prossesing power is a plus...
2017-8-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blue Ridge Big  Posted at 2017-8-9 08:57
I have had nothing but problems with my iPad mini 2 since early June. The display totally locks up while trying to shoot or view in 4k. It gets so hot within a few minutes of flight, that the iPad starts behaving erratically, randomly pulling up apps, and not responding to any commands. This happens on my Phantom 4, and my P4P. After stumbling across this thread late yesterday afternoon, I decided to download the Litchi app, and give it a try, without reading the directions or looking at any tutorials. The app is straightforward, and easy enough to use, if you are familiar with DJI go 4. The iPad worked great, no overheating or glitches, on a long flight with the P4P. At $23, it is a cost effective workaround, as opposed to buying a newer iPad, while we wait for a fix from DJI. Part of my test last night was a flight down the trail behind my house, about 12-13 minutes of varied terrain and numerous trees to avoid. This time-lapse video is 8x speed. Shot at 4k resolution, but compressed down for Sky Pixel...

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/d5603302-3740-4d2a-b1c6-b51c579e3b39

Blue ridge... great news, glad I could help
2017-8-9
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FYI: Litchi received a major update last week.  The latest update is really good.  It has many/most of the automation features that DJIGO4 contains, and there are no video transmission or connection problems.  No overheating of the mobile device either.  Very good alternative for those of us who are having issues with DJIGO4.
2017-8-15
Use props
ImFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164081 ft
United States

After reading this thread I finally pulled the trigger and bought Litchi. I don't regret that purchase, it is a really cool app. The waypoint feature is awesome!
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules