Sport mode - Wowsers trousers!
1024 6 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

I've had the Spark for 3ish weeks so far and have had great fun with it. I've had a couple of minor glitches, but nothing too serious. I was starting to get a little disillusioned, though, with all the reports of quite serious problems. Tonight I flicked it into Sport mode for the first time...

Wowsers trousers - I have falen in love with the Spark all over again. That was sooooo much fun. I'm quite a cautious (nervous) pilot and have been slowly building distance and hight up and getting very gradually braver with it. But Sport mode is like a whole different drone. Congratulations DJI - the Spark is incredible!

2017-8-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've done very little in sport mode (just used it to get to an objective quickly and return quickly).  From what I've seen, the spark is quite nimble, and in the hands of an experienced pilot, it can be quite a flight.
2017-8-4
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-4 10:15
I've done very little in sport mode (just used it to get to an objective quickly and return quickly).  From what I've seen, the spark is quite nimble, and in the hands of an experienced pilot, it can be quite a flight.

I couldn't believe the difference. I had been pushing how far out I dare send it - with sport mode on I cruised past my previous long-distance marker in a what felt like a fraction of the time - before I even had chance to get nervous! I had to take care bringing it home again though as the stopping distance is significantly increased. It felt more like flying my old TBS Discovery - except the Spark (almost) fits in my pocket. Amazing.
2017-8-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-4 10:22
I couldn't believe the difference. I had been pushing how far out I dare send it - with sport mode on I cruised past my previous long-distance marker in a what felt like a fraction of the time - before I even had chance to get nervous! I had to take care bringing it home again though as the stopping distance is significantly increased. It felt more like flying my old TBS Discovery - except the Spark (almost) fits in my pocket. Amazing.

ya the spark is amazing! it goes really fast.. also pro tip, if you are returning home on a low battery and you are a bit further out then you realize and your fighting winds coming back, use sport mode and push it hard..  i know it sounds counter intuitive but it's a trick some people have used on phantoms and mavic after they ignored RTH warning on low battery.. they turn it around and push it hard back. i dont know how well it works but im sure it works well considering just hovering in place chews through battery fairly fast.

goes surprisingly far for wifi based product, im hoping DJI opens it up a bit more too,  gives us 10 Mhz 2.4Ghz bands and 10/20 Mhz 5ghz bands... and separates the control signal from the video signals so they can reduce the bandwidth on per channel basis and extend the range further for each.  
2017-8-4
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Sport mode saved my but when i did 44000 round trip on my p4p! Lol man u think 31 mph is quick try 45 ;) its aweaome. Nice to see people having fun
2017-8-4
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sport mode is amazing, so much fun to horse around with it, almost seems like its an entire new device. Its also quiet useful when descending / ascending from or to great heights.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for your sharing. But since you mentioned that you had met some minor glitches, please feel free to tell us, we would love to help.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules